Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation [Talents] Dec 11 Frostbomb Hotfix

Mage
    When Fire Blast modified by Glyph of Fire Blast is used to detonate a Frost Bomb, the resulting Frost Bomb now deals 50% less damage.

Mmmmmm now we're all going to be trying to time our deep freezes or novas just before frost bomb detonates.

doesn't seem to be live yet. My frost bomb is still hitting the same with the fire blast glyph and letting it just denotate. About 52-60k non-crits with and without the glyph

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don't think the hotfix is live yet, I just noticed the blue post update.

omg i hate this hotfix why nerf mages, we were already underpowered as it is, how am I meant to kill people in arena now!?

Wooooooooot best hotfix sofar. thankyou blizzard for bringing back timing to wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
    omg i hate this hotfix why nerf mages, we were already underpowered as it is, how am I meant to kill people in arena now!?
    This is actually the only hotfix/nerf recently thats not stupid and actually works as intented to nerf burst in pvp and not screw pve players over

Yeah I don't mind this hotfix at all. Granted I'm a massive pvp baddie anyway, but forcing frost bomb with fireblast for 150k seemed a bit too unavoidable for those unlucky enough to be put in that situation. I wonder what effect this will have on high end pvp.

Back to chaining pyroblasts {◕ ◡ ◕}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    This is actually the only hotfix/nerf recently thats not stupid and actually works as intented to nerf burst in pvp and not screw pve players over
    It doesn't screw raiders over, but it does screw up doing stuff solo and in 5mans.

Well there goes the fun in proper timing in PvE... wtf... Whats the point of a frost bomb if the mob dies before it goes off?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It doesn't screw raiders over, but it does screw up doing stuff solo and in 5mans.
    yep, just got to remember to unglyph fireblast glyph with fire on mel'jarak xD

quite sad nerf, I was just getting used to this kind of thing in pvp

Deleted
    I'm now curious about 5.2 mage's change.

With this, they can just include the LV spread in Fireblast and remove the glyph (or not)

Im just wondering, how could they misstune mage so badly that we get now a nerf for frost and fire spec every few days lol?

Ok arcane got buffed, but when you wanna play a class with stacking to amount of X and the use a ability that consumes stacks, then you play rogue or feral xD

Deleted
    Mages are fine Arcane and Frost do fine Dps ....and fire not bad

Hope they make frostbolt worth anytime soon. Everybody dispells frostbomb anyway, we'll either always gonna go for healer or i'm telling you. %90 of frostbombs will get dispelled. That is sad for a class that is always getting trained. I guess going back to fire now. -actually i love fire-

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Well there goes the fun in proper timing in PvE... wtf... Whats the point of a frost bomb if the mob dies before it goes off?
    Think it explodes anyway and does damage to the mobs in the explosion area.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Im just wondering, how could they misstune mage so badly that we get now a nerf for frost and fire spec every few days lol?

Ok arcane got buffed, but when you wanna play a class with stacking to amount of X and the use a ability that consumes stacks, then you play rogue or feral xD
    You clearly have little idea of how Arcane is currently played.

OT:
    This nerf was needed; Frost already has a ton of burst damage when played correctly and (if you can afford it) Alter Time abuse only amplifies that; having an instant exploding Frost Bomb dealing 100% damage as well was a bit too much. Just means that people will either have to learn to time their bombs or force the dispell with bomb to get a poly that has to be sat (assuming no trinket) elsewhere.
    PvE has little/no effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh but they haven't touched Ferals which are insanely OP against anything that relys on kiting, and hunters which can still crit in excess of 225k with powershot meanwhile their pets are also still able to rape an enemy on their own in a matter of seconds

GG blizz GG for making mages completely unable to ever do anything useful in arena.
    |Asus Sabertooth 990FX|AMD Phenom II 1090T 4.2Ghz x6|XFX R7970 Black Edition|Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz 8gb|Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling|

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanille View Post
    Yeh but they haven't touched Ferals which are insanely OP against anything that relys on kiting, and hunters which can still crit in excess of 225k with powershot meanwhile their pets are also still able to rape an enemy on their own in a matter of seconds

GG blizz GG for making mages completely unable to ever do anything useful in arena.
    Meh, as you can see on the front page, they intend to gut what makes Ferals so powerful: instant Cyclone, so it's not like they don't pay attention. Anyway, this will either shift stat priority towards Haste for a faster bomb, and it will free up a glyph slot as well. Time to change tactics.
    BfA Beta Time