Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    I believe she was trying to keep a dangerous weapon out of the hands of a mad man, Darnassus wasn't going to be using that. Neutral organizations exist for the good of the world, that's why they usually stay out of horde and alliance conflicts and only work against true threats.

The guards I don't know about, I don't know why they were standing in front of the stairs in battle position either. I don't know why Aethas didn't even seem to care when she killed three of them. She asked Aethas to leave, and he refused, in kind of an arrogant way (I don't know if that was intended but that's how it came across with the voice acting). So he was imprisoned because Jaina doesn't want Garrosh's influence in the city, and the Sunreavers have helped him yet again.
    tbh most of the horde didnt want garrosh to have it either
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    Jaina broke neutrality first. I'll keep repeating that if I have to.

She didn't give them a choice. When a Sunreaver magister went to the bank to collect his goods and leave, he was killed by Alliance adventurers.
    He resisted, so he was killed.

I believe she was trying to keep a dangerous weapon out of the hands of a mad man, Darnassus wasn't going to be using that. Neutral organizations exist for the good of the world, that's why they usually stay out of horde and alliance conflicts and only work against true threats.

The guards I don't know about, I don't know why they were standing in front of the stairs in battle position either. I don't know why Aethas didn't even seem to care when she killed three of them. She asked Aethas to leave, and he refused, in kind of an arrogant way (I don't know if that was intended but that's how it came across with the voice acting). So he was imprisoned because Jaina doesn't want Garrosh's influence in the city, and the Sunreavers have helped him yet again.
    She can't claim to be a neutral entity if she is using her powers to knock down one faction's chances.

Under what circumstances do you think Jaina would have protected Orgrimmar if she thought the Alliance would attempt to break in and steal the Divine Bell?
    i dont think she would need to protect it. garrosh having another powerful magical object would probably be enough to rally horde and alliance troops against garrosh
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

He resisted, so he was killed.
    He went to the bank to gather his things and leave. I thought Jaina offered the Sunreavers a chance to leave?

Bah, it double posted then deleted both anyway:
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    tbh most of the horde didnt want garrosh to have it either
    I haven't really got that far, and didn't really see a huge protest on horde side aside from the small rebellion. Is there more out after they steal the bell from Darnassus?

She can't claim to be a neutral entity if she is using her powers to knock down one faction's chances.
    Shes protecting the bell from being used. She knows Darnassus and the Alliance isn't going to use it, and if she can prevent it from ever being used that's to the benefit of all. It's not as if she's protecting the Alliance so they can use it, but right now under Garrosh the horde can't be trusted so it's not safe in their cities.

He went to the bank to gather his things and leave. I thought Jaina offered the Sunreavers a chance to leave?
    He still attacked as soon as you got within range, it's still resisting arrest.
    Last edited by Every Pwny; 2012-12-13 at 04:10 AM.

Bah, it double posted then deleted both anyway:

I haven't really got that far, and didn't really see a huge protest on horde side aside from the small rebellion. Is there more out after they steal the bell from Darnassus?

Shes protecting the bell from being used. She knows Darnassus and the Alliance isn't going to use it, and if she can prevent it from every being used that's to the benefit of all.
    Here's a definition of neutral "An impartial and uninvolved country or person." Not quite uninvolved or impartial.

Here's a definition of neutral "An impartial and uninvolved country or person." Not quite uninvolved or impartial.
    lets be honest here dalaran has never been neutral to anyone but the blood elves they tolerated the orcs during wrath because they didnt have the right to be picky but theres a reason the former leader of dalaran fought and dies at the battle of theramore and it isnt neutrality

lets be honest here dalaran has never been neutral to anyone but the blood elves they tolerated the orcs during wrath because they didnt have the right to be picky but theres a reason the former leader of dalaran fought and dies at the battle of theramore and it isnt neutrality
    Then Rommath was right and Jaina was lying. Dalaran was not a neutral entity under Rhonin and not under Jaina. There we go.

Then Rommath was right and Jaina was lying. Dalaran was not a neutral entity under Rhonin and not under Jaina. There we go.
    still what the sunreavers did was wrong while dalaran even in wrath leaned far in favor of the alliance it was still a place where leaders could go and have meetings in a safe environment

before it was like theramore now after these events its more like stormwind

Neutral factions get involved in conflicts in wow, the CC was fighting against deathwing, the Argent Crusade was fighting against Arthas. I don't know if you know this but Garrosh isn't a good guy, and he's trying to recklessly use very destructive weapons. The neutral organizations exist for the good of Azeroth. Jaina wasn't fighting the horde, she was preventing a madman from getting a destructive weapon. She doesn't want to see another Theramore.

still what the sunreavers did was wrong while dalaran even in wrath leaned far in favor of the alliance it was still a place where leaders could go and have meetings in a safe environment

before it was like theramore now after these events its more like stormwind
    The Sunreavers did nothing. Actual Sunreavers enjoyed staying in Dalaran. Garrosh was the one who fucked up everything for them.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 04:24 AM ----------

Neutral factions get involved in conflicts in wow, the CC was fighting against deathwing, the Argent Crusade was fighting against Arthas. I don't know if you know this but Garrosh isn't a good guy, and he's trying to recklessly use very destructive weapons. The neutral organizations exist for the good of Azeroth. Jaina wasn't fighting the horde, she was preventing a madman from getting a destructive weapon. She doesn't want to see another Theramore.
    Neutral factions stay out of the main war. You can't help one side when a portion of your faction still has connections to that side.

This is what the Divine Bell does, "Taken to war, the bell's cacophonous tones stirred the hearts of Lei Shen's warriors. It fueled their hatred and anger, lending them strength on the field of battle. The bell’s screaming voice struck fear and doubt into the hearts of the Emperor's enemies, sending them fleeing in his path." It wasn't going to cause another Theramore.
    Last edited by McCulloch; 2012-12-13 at 04:24 AM.

Neutral factions stay out of the main war. You can't help one side when a portion of your faction still has connections to that side.

This is what the Divine Bell does, "Taken to war, the bell's cacophonous tones stirred the hearts of Lei Shen's warriors. It fueled their hatred and anger, lending them strength on the field of battle. The bell’s screaming voice struck fear and doubt into the hearts of the Emperor's enemies, sending them fleeing in his path." It wasn't going to cause another Theramore.
    The Divine Bell infuses soldiers with the Sha (you see this at the end of the entire chain). It's effects would have been devastating for everyone. Not even Blademaster Ishi could control it. It wouldn't be another mana bomb, but it's powers would have been as destructive and dangerous to Azeroth as a whole. It's a dangerous weapon that no one should be using. Jaina was trying to keep a destructive weapon on lockdown. It would have been different if she was protecting it for the alliance to use it, but if she is protecting it so no one can use it, that's different.

The Divine Bell infuses soldiers with the Sha (you see this at the end of the entire chain). It's effects would have been devastating for everyone. Not even Blademaster Ishi could control it. It wouldn't be another mana bomb, but it's powers would have been as destructive and dangerous to Azeroth as a whole. It's a dangerous weapon that no one should be using. Jaina was trying to keep a destructive weapon on lockdown. It would have been different if she was protecting it for the alliance to use it, but if she is protecting it so no one can use it, that's different.
    I'm glad Jaina tried to keep it out of Garrosh's hands honestly. The problem I have is that people still say she was being neutral and the reaction she had to the Sunreavers (killing those who tried to leave, killing Aethas's guards before even talking to him, and imprisoning every other Sunreaver).

I don't think the Bell infuses you with Sha naturally. It was created before the Burdens of Shaohao. It only does that on Pandaria. If rung on Kalimdor, it would probably serve as a berserk buff. When I wrote the other post I wasn't thinking of the sha and the effects it would have if rung on Pandaria.

I'm glad Jaina tried to keep it out of Garrosh's hands honestly. The problem I have is that people still say she was being neutral and the reaction she had to the Sunreavers (killing those who tried to leave, killing Aethas's guards before even talking to him, and imprisoning every other Sunreaver).

I don't think the Bell infuses you with Sha naturally. It was created before the Burdens of Shaohao. It only does that on Pandaria. If rung on Kalimdor, it would probably serve as a berserk buff. When I wrote the other post I wasn't thinking of the sha and the effects it would have if rung on Pandaria.
    Well when Aethas and Rommath were examining an object in Silvermoon it was infused with Sha energy and effected everyone in the room, as well as releasing Sha (Rise of the Blood Elves). What we do know is that when it was used it infused all the orcs with the Sha, so it's probably that it has that same destructive energy when used elsewhere (as seen in Silvermoon). Wanting to keep these powerful weapons out of Garrosh's hands is her way of preventing another Theramore, Garrosh shouldn't be using these destructive weapons.

Keeping the bell out of everyone's hands is being neutral. It wouldn't have even been in Darnassus if they were going to use it. But also her reaction was to imprison the sunreavers after Aethas refused to leave, the only people who were killed were the ones who resisted, otherwise they were imprisoned (as you see from the displaced sunreavers running around, whenever she came to them she would just teleport them away). She didn't really have a choice since Garrosh's influence had begun to corrupt the Kinir Tor.

Well when Aethas and Rommath were examining an object in Silvermoon it was infused with Sha energy and effected everyone in the room, as well as releasing Sha (Rise of the Blood Elves). What we do know is that when it was used it infused all the orcs with the Sha, so it's probably that it has that same destructive energy when used elsewhere (as seen in Silvermoon). Wanting to keep these powerful weapons out of Garrosh's hands is her way of preventing another Theramore, Garrosh shouldn't be using these destructive weapons.

Keeping the bell out of everyone's hands is being neutral. It wouldn't have even been in Darnassus if they were going to use it. But also her reaction was to imprison the sunreavers after Aethas refused to leave, the only people who were killed were the ones who resisted, otherwise they were imprisoned (as you see from the displaced sunreavers running around, whenever she came to them she would just teleport them away). She didn't really have a choice since Garrosh's influence had begun to corrupt the Kinir Tor.
    The thing in Silvermoon contained a sha. It wasn't a sha artifact. The Bell was made before sha existed so I don't think using it in the Barrens would have the same effect. The sha was already there before it was rung by Garrosh. I wouldn't mind if she kept it in Dalaran, but Darnassus allows the Alliance direct access to it.

The magister in the bank was collecting his items to leave and was sentenced to death by Vereesa who Jaina put in charge of rooting out the Sunreavers. She only gave Aethas the option and when he refused, no other Sunreaver was given the same option.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all about building up the story and the inhumanity of war. both sides have their noblility and their darkest secrets so you simply just got the alliance side of it. how about being like the rest of the horde where we have to take orders from that asshole Hellscream. I onyl came back to horde just to see how his rmeoval goes down. Looking forward to the Vol'jin book in January

Jaina is showing worrying behaviour though, while many sunreavers were jailed if they didnt put up a fight, and those who did were cut down, when Varian of all people said he wished she had spoken to him first (cause he had been speaking to some of the blood elves to reintegrate them into the alliance and the purge drove them back to the horde), Jaina was untouched by it and responded "horde is always horde".

Doesnt matter if its true or not, the attitude behind is worrying.

and this incident in dalaran, in terms of her attitude, almost mimics Arthas's (in a much less severe but "getting there" manner) actions in stratholme. Not to mention her father.

A lot of innocent sunreavers must have died for the actions of a few horde agents. Many sunreavers must have thought they were being attacked or betrayed.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2012-12-13 at 05:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina is being groomed to be a heel at some point soon. I don't like how she broke so easily under pressure in her book but Blizz seems to be rounding up the usual suspects from WC3 and finishing their stories off. thrall seems done, though he will probably reappear and now Jaina seems to be heading towards an ultimate redemption or a betrayal/genocidal streak that would make sylvanus blush.

to think if thrall didn't go to "power up" his shaman and stayed as warchief in cata, he and varian might of ended the Horde vs alliance war, from what the conversation said at the ending

Both thrall and varian "Ruthless" & "Peaceful" to the point of being good leaders