Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which Heroic fight? Amber shaper or Vizier?

We are trying to figure out which heroic boss we should push this week, either amber shaper or vizier. We have strats for both of these fights, and our team is pretty decent I believe, but I'm not sure which one is better to push. Is amber shaper a huge pushover on 10m? If it's piss easy to kill maybe hold off until like 2-3 raid days left? Our comp can be this:

Tanks:
    2 Bood Dks
    1 Prot pally (Can have pally or dk on whatever fight they are best)

DPS:
    Frost DK
    warlock
    Rogue
    Mage

Healers:
    Paladin
    Monk

Hybrid:
    Shaman
    Priest

Both the shaman and the priest can heal or dps depending on what's best for the fight as well, so maybe priest on vizier shaman on amber? Anyways, which boss should we push this week? Any help or tips is appreciated!

They both require all your raid members to fully understand the mechanics and be able to execute them properly. I'd say Amber Shaper is slightly easier since P2 attenuations can be a bit iffy, but that is just my opinion. Honestly start working on Vizier and see how you do. If things look grim on Vizier move on.

Deleted
    Go for Vizier, it's in my experience a lot easier than Amber-Shaper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vizier.
    /10chaaaaaaaaaaaaars
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Any recommendation on what comp to use? 2 heal? 3 Heal?

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    Any recommendation on what comp to use? 2 heal? 3 Heal?
    3 heal with the Disc probably the best

We did 3 heal imperial and 2 heal amber shaper. It's possible with 2 healers also.

Both fights do not have an intense DPS check to them so there really is no reason to 2 heal for your first kill.

Deleted
    3 heal both, do Vizier first.

Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    3 heal both, do Vizier first.
    3 heal both really? We have 2 healed vizier since our first kill with little issue. 2 force and verve and burning the boss in the last phase makes it super trivial. You can get him to 20% before the first force and verve, and then basically dead after the second. We used a disc priest and paladin. Having the BOP for your echo tank is valuable.

And I haven't really seen any video that 3 heals amber shaper lately. Maybe when gear was worse, but now that most people are nearing 500 item level, I can't really see that.

Vizier. Bullet Hell is way more fun than some silly glob thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    3 heal both really? We have 2 healed vizier since our first kill with little issue. 2 force and verve and burning the boss in the last phase makes it super trivial. You can get him to 20% before the first force and verve, and then basically dead after the second. We used a disc priest and paladin. Having the BOP for your echo tank is valuable.

And I haven't really seen any video that 3 heals amber shaper lately. Maybe when gear was worse, but now that most people are nearing 500 item level, I can't really see that.
    2 heal means the fight is faster but 3 heals eliminates some mistakes during the fight. we 3 healed both fights(on zorlok still got to 20% or less by the time the force and verve comes out in p2). and since enrage isnt a problem with 2 or 3 heals, no reason to make it harder on ur healers by 2 healing it
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post

The boss is dead for us after the second as well, there is really no need to 2 heal this boss. Unless there is some enrage mechanic, or something you need to kill very fast for whatever reason you should always use as many healers as you can. Why wouldn't you use 3 healers? Exhale + MC on both healers isn't fun, and you can heal through mistakes far easier in the last phase with 3. It's the same on Ambershaper too, all it gives you is a slightly shorter P1+2 which I really don't see as much of a gain. The cost being you could get fucked with healers being on constructs all the time.

Thanks for the help, one last question, we got to phase 2 a few times tonight, and got a decent look at it, I'm just curious, when the Echo Attuns, does that tank run away to the middle or something? what about when the boss attuns at the same time as the echo while the boss is near him? Bop/bubble the echo tank?

Vizier is pretty doable nowdays, and amber shaper aint exactly a cake walk in 10 man like it is in 25 man, so ye Zor'lok for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    Thanks for the help, one last question, we got to phase 2 a few times tonight, and got a decent look at it, I'm just curious, when the Echo Attuns, does that tank run away to the middle or something? what about when the boss attuns at the same time as the echo while the boss is near him? Bop/bubble the echo tank?
    Hi

We do the following in phase2:
    1) Pull boss to middle, he attenuations, we dance the attenuation
    2) Just before attenuation finishes Tank1 stands near a pillar to the side. The boss finishes casting attenuation and runs to the tank, dropping force and verve sound zones.
    3) Stand in bubbles, heal through force and verve, tank wont be in a zone - so bonus healing required.
    4) BOSS SPAWNS ECHO
    5) BOSS casts attenuation. When this occurs I (tank 2) taunt the boss and run him to the other side of the room. He finishes casting attenuation and runs over to me and the rest of the raid.
    6) Ensure the healer + tank on the echo survive
    7) Kill the boss as per usual.

I'll find our kill video for you. Give me a minute
    Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S4xA...sC7I0g&index=8
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

The boss is dead for us after the second as well, there is really no need to 2 heal this boss. Unless there is some enrage mechanic, or something you need to kill very fast for whatever reason you should always use as many healers as you can. Why wouldn't you use 3 healers? Exhale + MC on both healers isn't fun, and you can heal through mistakes far easier in the last phase with 3. It's the same on Ambershaper too, all it gives you is a slightly shorter P1+2 which I really don't see as much of a gain. The cost being you could get fucked with healers being on constructs all the time.
    Sorry I meant attenuation. Checked log.

We find the fight much easier to just get it done with 2 healers. We have never had an issue where two healers are mind controlled, and I'm 99.99% sure that two healers can never be mind controlled at once. There is only one mind control in phase 3 and we have never had an issue with mind control and 2 healing because the people are broken out almost instantly before the attenuation starts. The first force and verve is simple enough, and the second we had our paladin BOP the tank and himself and just heal through it. The raid stacked on the two bubbles nearest the boss with a disc bubble and moonkin tranq. Hunter and Monk stood out with deterrence and dampen magic. Boss dies right after the second force, with maybe one person dying.

With this amount of gear the last phase is extremely trivial and short with 2 healers. It may take a few attempts to adjust and get it right, but once you do the room for error is almost none. And just looking on world of logs, many guilds are 2 healing it. But if your group is bad, you probably should just 3 heal it and kill the echo.

So after pulling it a bunch more, our paladin healer who is on the echo tank dies to the echo attun every single time. Is the first echo attun when they are supposed to bop etc? If the echo has only 22 mil should we burn it if we have no worries about the enrage?
    Last edited by CausalXXLinkXx; 2012-12-14 at 05:45 AM.

Deleted
    Causal you need to watch a kill video, everything will be pretty clear then. The pally uses DS when you have attenuation and F+V at the same time.

Causal you need to watch a kill video, everything will be pretty clear then. The pally uses DS when you have attenuation and F+V at the same time.
    I watched a few more kills and got a good idea on what we should do. Thanks! Big thanks to Raxxed as well