Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Titan Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    11,929
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I think you missed the point of Blizz's response. They don't want you gaining rep by doing nothing related to the rep.

    Now wearing certain tabards in dungeons that relate to the rep - that would at least follow what they are saying.
    Because apparently wearing someone's tabard and championing their cause does nothing for your reptutation.

    I prefer variety. Bring back rep tabards, but introduce a weekly reputation cap so that people who hate dailies can gain rep without being at an extreme advantage.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  2. #22
    I really wish these threads would die off (similar to the threads that keep saying that WoW is dying, X game is the REAL WoW killer, I'm quitting because blizz isn't designing the game the way they want). Suck it up for not even 1 month per faction and do dailies. FFS from the time I hit 90 to the time I got exalted with Golden Lotus was not even a month (9/30-10/23), and that was before the 100% bonus at revered happened! I would be appalled if they every brought anything remotely resembling the rep tabards back, that was a TRULY terrible system.

    Yes sure there is an overwhelming amount of dailies when you are just starting out, and they already said they're not going to do that many dailies at once again, but you don't even have to do all of them every day even for progression raiding. You aren't going to be riding a Klaxxi scorpion riding 2 Golden Lotus cranes each riding a Tillers goat with each of those sky skiing on 2 of the 4 cloud serpents from OotCS/August Celestials/Shado-pan, so do as the native Pandaren say and, "Slow down!" I recently started doing Tillers on my druid alt as an easy way to get SoH, and after only a couple days I'm already halfway to exalted because of the rep bonuses. Took me 2 days to go from honored to revered, and I'll likely hit exalted tomorrow, only 3 days after hitting revered.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because apparently wearing someone's tabard and championing their cause does nothing for your reptutation.

    I prefer variety. Bring back rep tabards, but introduce a weekly reputation cap so that people who hate dailies can gain rep without being at an extreme advantage.
    Doing activities that have nothing to do with their cause != championing their cause. Just because you wear the tabard, it does not mean that everything you do is championing the cause. That is the discrepancy.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Why? It's a system that exists since classic altough mostly for raids and was expanded in BC. It was a fairly nice system allowing people to do something that is actual fun and get rep while doing so instead of slugging through the same boring set of dailys over and over and over again.

    It is one of the worst changes in the history of WoW. Artificially slowing down the progress and rewarding bad players. No idea why some people are so convinced it's the best thing since sliced bread, most likely because it benefited them.
    So just grinding through the same boring 20 minute dungeons over..and over..and over..again..rewards..good players? I fail to see your logic, said bad players could easily grind through the things too and get the same rewards.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Might work if it was for Klaxxi-relevant dungeons only. Why should the Klaxxi give a shit about what you're doing in just any level 90 MoP dungeon? That was always one of my main gripes with tabards, aside from trivializing the entire system of course.
    So pretty much the TBC model of gaining rep, without tabards.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZehGeek View Post
    So just grinding through the same boring 20 minute dungeons over..and over..and over..again..rewards..good players? I fail to see your logic, said bad players could easily grind through the things too and get the same rewards.
    Do a run with a guild and do one with 4 randoms, you might get his point.

  6. #26
    Immortal Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    7,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachysaurus View Post
    Since Blizzard doesn't want players farming randoms for reputation, but is apparently thinking about giving a once a day reputation boost of some sort, I thought I would throw in my idea and see what people thought


    Tabard of the Klaxxi
    Binds to Battle.net Account
    Equip: not sure yet...
    Use: You champion the cause of the Klaxxi. All reputation gains while in level 90 Pandaria dungeons will be applied to your standing with them for 1 hour (12hr Cooldown, shared with similar tabards)

    1 hour rep boost every 12 hours, or essentially for the first 2 or 3 randoms everyday for the average player. Wont necessarily solve the...err...problem?...of only obtaining charms from dailies, but its a start

    How does this fix anything?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Doing activities that have nothing to do with their cause != championing their cause. Just because you wear the tabard, it does not mean that everything you do is championing the cause. That is the discrepancy.
    But the Klaxxi hate flying beer monsters! Not to mention the Scarlet Crusade, which are (as we all know) the mortal enemies of the Shado-Pan.

    And IMO, BC's system had definite downsides... grinding the same 3 dungeons over and over was boring as hell.

    However, the underlying problem seems to be the people are still expecting MoP's factions to be gates for otherwise unobtainable increases in power... which is simply no longer the case. MoP's factions are lore-heavy diversions, not mandatory turbo-grinds.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehGeek View Post
    So just grinding through the same boring 20 minute dungeons over..and over..and over..again..rewards..good players? I fail to see your logic, said bad players could easily grind through the things too and get the same rewards.
    1.The difference is that unlike quests dungeons can be actual fun if you run them with some friends. Quests wont.

    2.Also Dungeons in the past used to be fairly hard at the beginning of an expansion. I remember those of Cataclysm at the very beginning for example. Puging those was a horrible experience while again doing them with friends as an group effort was entertaining.

    3. Dungeon rep unlike daily quests allowed you to advance on your own path. Especially witht he current rep requirement for gear, recipes and other stuff they become mandatory for every single last character you want to play. So you have to slugh through them not once but several times if you have twinks, each goddamn day. You can't simply put in the same effort at a single day but have to come back each day to do your dailys.
    Blizzard has taken away a choice played previously had while forcing people to actually get those reputations. This is from my point of view not a good thing.

    4. Quests are the most simple, easy and annoying thing in World of Warcraft. I did about every single last one of them there is and have most factions at exalted. Forcing people to do that doesn't mean it suddenly becomes fun, in fact it feels far worse then doing so voluntarily.

    Also quests are by far easier then for example the Cata dungeons used to be at the beginning. Everyone can do them solo and get rewarded epics eventually. It devalues epics even more then before allowing people who never ever stepped inside a raid or dungeon to easily obtain them without putting any kind of real effort into it at all.

  9. #29
    Bloodsail Admiral Kharli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pandaria/Balmora/Divinity's reach
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachysaurus View Post
    Since Blizzard doesn't want players farming randoms for reputation, but is apparently thinking about giving a once a day reputation boost of some sort, I thought I would throw in my idea and see what people thought


    Tabard of the Klaxxi
    Binds to Battle.net Account
    Equip: not sure yet...
    Use: You champion the cause of the Klaxxi. All reputation gains while in level 90 Pandaria dungeons will be applied to your standing with them for 1 hour (12hr Cooldown, shared with similar tabards)

    1 hour rep boost every 12 hours, or essentially for the first 2 or 3 randoms everyday for the average player. Wont necessarily solve the...err...problem?...of only obtaining charms from dailies, but its a start
    NO NO NO.
    NEVER..
    no more tabards deal with it! you already have a 100% rep boost once you hit revered.
    *leaves mumbeling*

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    You definitively missed the point Blizzard is trying to make.

    They want you to get to know the faction you are helping. In other games, this would be called "immersion". But, since the average WoW player has an attention span of 37 seconds and is not interested in reading more than 2 lines of quest text, this is quite tricky.

    Their game, their rules
    Only time I read quest text is when I go to the map location, kill all the things, and find out my quest objectives aren't being complete. Usually results in my having to redo the quest.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    No, it's neither harassment NOR ninja'ing to roll on any item the system allows one to.

    Nor is it against any rules to votekick a member from the group - one person can't do it, apparently someone agreed with the rogue.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    1.The difference is that unlike quests dungeons can be actual fun if you run them with some friends. Quests wont.

    2.Also Dungeons in the past used to be fairly hard at the beginning of an expansion. I remember those of Cataclysm at the very beginning for example. Puging those was a horrible experience while again doing them with friends as an group effort was entertaining.

    3. Dungeon rep unlike daily quests allowed you to advance on your own path. Especially witht he current rep requirement for gear, recipes and other stuff they become mandatory for every single last character you want to play. So you have to slugh through them not once but several times if you have twinks, each goddamn day. You can't simply put in the same effort at a single day but have to come back each day to do your dailys.
    Blizzard has taken away a choice played previously had while forcing people to actually get those reputations. This is from my point of view not a good thing.

    4. Quests are the most simple, easy and annoying thing in World of Warcraft. I did about every single last one of them there is and have most factions at exalted. Forcing people to do that doesn't mean it suddenly becomes fun, in fact it feels far worse then doing so voluntarily.

    Also quests are by far easier then for example the Cata dungeons used to be at the beginning. Everyone can do them solo and get rewarded epics eventually. It devalues epics even more then before allowing people who never ever stepped inside a raid or dungeon to easily obtain them without putting any kind of real effort into it at all.
    What a load of opinionated BS Hint: You're not forced to grind rep in this game anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    When you start icing down your balls to lower your potency, I will start checking my cervix for mucus and taking my temp daily. Deal?

  12. #32
    Legendary! Cybran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pripyat marshes
    Posts
    6,448
    The rep tabard worked well in Wrath, because there was no LFD. Reputation gains in TBC and Wrath were limited by the lockouts, but not anymore.

    When blizzard removed those in 3.3 spamming dungeons became a problem. Ghostcrawler tweeted a few days ago that they will likely link rep with Scenarios. In my eyes scenarios are a huge waste of time and barely done by anyone so they need to dangle a carrot there.

    Tabards combined with a daily reputation cap for each faction would be the most elegant idea. The problem is if that is done no one would do any dailies which are cheap and easy to make substitute for real content. Blizzard will fight to the death to keep Dailies as the required content just because it's profitable.

  13. #33
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachysaurus View Post
    Since Blizzard doesn't want players farming randoms for reputation, but is apparently thinking about giving a once a day reputation boost of some sort, I thought I would throw in my idea and see what people thought


    Tabard of the Klaxxi
    Binds to Battle.net Account
    Equip: not sure yet...
    Use: You champion the cause of the Klaxxi. All reputation gains while in level 90 Pandaria dungeons will be applied to your standing with them for 1 hour (12hr Cooldown, shared with similar tabards)

    1 hour rep boost every 12 hours, or essentially for the first 2 or 3 randoms everyday for the average player. Wont necessarily solve the...err...problem?...of only obtaining charms from dailies, but its a start
    No!... Tabards ARE VANITY items... no rep from tabard... period... you already HAVE 100% rep boost after getting a single character to revered with whatever faction... I highly doubt you are going to get more... if you are unwilling to earn the rep with whatever faction by doign their quests for them, then you are NOT going to get rep with them... period.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 06:39 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    I don't think it's a fully suitable solution.

    Personally, I like the idea of a BoA Exalted Tabard that simply acts the way Wrath and Cata tabards did. Makes rep grinding for your alts much easier....albeit mindless.

    Much better for them to:

    1: not make the rep grind so mandatory for so many people. VP gear did NOT need to be locked to be locked behind rep and Blizzard has more than enough potential rewards - pets, mounts, tabards, recipes, vanity and fun trinkets, heirlooms, BoA gear, the story and more - to reward players getting to revered and exalted.
    2: Make the rep grind more varied. Keep the dailies....but add daily dungeon quests. Have MoBs give a small amount of rep. Create an appropriate drop from a MoB and/or dungeon boss. Allow rep gain from scenarios.
    3: Add in an option for weeklies. Maybe 5 times the rep but locks you out of daily rep gain for 7 days.

    EJL
    You might LIKE it... but they've already said... rep from tabards was a mistake... they are NOT going to commit that mistake again.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 06:42 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Why? It's a system that exists since classic altough mostly for raids and was expanded in BC. It was a fairly nice system allowing people to do something that is actual fun and get rep while doing so instead of slugging through the same boring set of dailys over and over and over again.

    It is one of the worst changes in the history of WoW. Artificially slowing down the progress and rewarding bad players. No idea why some people are so convinced it's the best thing since sliced bread, most likely because it benefited them.
    One could say mindlessly slugging thru dungeons over and over rewards the lazy ones that cant be assed to do anything but change their shirt and follow some tank around.

    but I wont say that, because that would be rude and mean.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •