Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I think I wiped the raid

does mannoroth's fury effect the distance that soulburn/curse of elements applies .

because I was just doing some lfr and the cc'd adds keep popping on wind lord mel'jarak soon after the pull about when I used it.

like 3 raids fell apart because we kept pulling everything and there was so much nerd raging because they couldn't figure out who was popping everything.

I used archimondes vengeance instead and there wasn't a problem

not sure still if it was me but I think it might have been, a soulburn/curse of elements would apply it to everything without about 45 yards right, instead of 15 roughly as it's 500%

10+ Year Old Account
    curse of the elements does no damage so cant break cc. also that talent only effects damaging aoe spells
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

15+ Year Old Account
    what? you wiped on the adds of wind lord mel'jarak?

the adds only popp when to much of them are cc´d, curse of elements isn´t a cc, it could only be a very strange bug, but i doubt it

why the hell did the raid wipe on them? it´s just lfr, adds + boss = aedmg -> 28g50s
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

No, someone with a stun in their rotation fucked it up and so ccéd the fourth add, which makes the boss open up all ccéd mobs.
    Most probably a fire mage doing damage to an add and using combustion.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=103112

well it is listed as modifying soulburn:curse

also spears aren't a conventional cc so i'm not sure if that rule applies, just seemed odd after I stopped used the talent we didn't have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    No, someone with a stun in their rotation fucked it up and so ccéd the fourth add, which makes the boss open up all ccéd mobs.
    Pretty sure most short duration/rotational stuns don't work on those adds(Fists of Fury doesn't, even though there's no reason to use it in that phase of the fight anyway)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    also, on another note, why would you even cc them in lfr? ive never done anything but stack them and aoe in there lmao
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    also, on another note, why would you even cc them in lfr? ive never done anything but stack them and aoe in there lmao
    What class do you play?

EDIT: Sorry my bad early for me lol just saw your armory link

You've been lucky you've had someone dispelling the buff from the adds then. Its a very simple fight if people know whats what. I've probably wiped in there more than any other boss in LFR and as a paladin I feel somewhat powerless to prevent it :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    What class do you play?
    uhh.... my armory is in my signature...

yeah my bad
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    yeah my bad
    hmm.... i just noticed something off about my armory tho.... it says my EQ ilvl is 486 but when im logged in it says 488...

edit: oh wow thats why blizzard didnt update the armory to account for upgraded items lol

Deleted
    Lol, AoElord.

Wiping on an aoe dps fest. No one single person can be to blame for that, most of the raid must have sucked.

Have they nerfed it or something? I thought if you ham up the CC and too many menders are free they buff the adds with a stacking haste/dmg buff and before all the mobs are AoE'd down people start dying is that just low raid AoE DpS then?

It doesn't bother me that it happens much, I can see the cause of the wipes stacking up, I just can't do anything about it once they're all in 'the pile'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    it could only be a very strange bug
    hah, i see what you did there, even if you didnt mean to
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

I went full retard on HC mode and mortal coiled an add, the 3 second fear breaks every other CC around, it sucks, might have been the reason?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    hah, i see what you did there, even if you didnt mean to
    not intended
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakkarioth View Post
    I went full retard on HC mode and mortal coiled an add, the 3 second fear breaks every other CC around, it sucks, might have been the reason?
    Just a friendly advice, make a macro that mortal coils the boss, that's the way to use that heal in this particular fight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Almost 100% sure they are stun immune.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    it´s just lfr, adds + boss = aedmg -> 28g50s
    That just made my day hahahahaha

Now on the OP's subject yeah my friend Mannoroth's Fury can break the ccs because if the cced adds get damaged you eventually break the ccs (meaning if you have a dot ticking on them it will keep breaking the ccs just soul swap off them and reapply the ccs and you're good to go).

Deleted
    you wiped a LFR raid ? Shame on you. its not like I have NEVER done that before and laughed like a maniac
    That being said, if you used SOC the the resulting explosion will break CC. and that is the fault of the tanks for not moving the boss / adds away from CC'ed mobs