Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Old God
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Since when is skrillex black or elvis?

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 09:32 PM ----------

Months are all relatively similar while jazzz funk blues, dubstep and rock & roll are quite a bit different.
    That is why you put it into a context, but this is too hard for you to get it seems. Seriously, you are being silly.

Why do you find the historical origin of music racist?

You are argueing that for example an artist is racist if he says that he got inspired by african-american or black culture, do you realize that? It's the exact same thing.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

so if a black person plays polka is it now black music?
    No it's polka music, done by a black dude.

just like Elvis...is Black music, done by a white dude. Though that's a bit of a stretch...guess it depends on what you consider "Black Music."

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    No it's polka music, done by a black dude.
    Then why can't jazz be jazz, instead of umbrella'd by being called black music?

I mean its not inherently racist by it self but separating or signifying based on race isn't usually a good thing. I mean why not put yellow stars on Jews so people know they are Jews, same kinda concept.
    No, it's closer to calling Kosher products Jewish products. Can only Jews make or eat them? No. But is the concept of Kosher food Jewish in origin? Yes.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    I mean its not inherently racist by it self but separating or signifying based on race isn't usually a good thing. I mean why not put yellow stars on Jews so people know they are Jews, same kinda concept.
    "Isn't usually a good thing' != "racist." Sorry, but I don't think recognising the positive historical influence of a particular group of people (whether national, cultural or racial) on something is at all the same thing as discrimination, segregation and oppression based on ethnicity, culture or religion.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2012-12-12 at 09:45 PM.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

Gamdwelf you win. We are all dumb. Thank you for enlightening us.

If you want to get on his case for being vague, that's fine, but what he said wasn't racist in any way.
    Because you look so fine

Who cares? Call it Jazz if you want, like it matters. The only person who thinks it's a negative to refer to something as "Black" is you it seems...so who's being racist?
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2012-12-12 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    "Isn't usually a good thing' != "racist." Sorry, but I don't think recognising the historical influence of a particular group of people (whether national, cultural or racial) on something is not at all the same thing.
    segregation based on race is racism though like its the definition of racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    No, it's closer to calling Kosher products Jewish products. Can only Jews make or eat them? No. But is the concept of Kosher food Jewish in origin? Yes.
    Your sentence contains the word "jew". You're so antisemitic man, I'm disgusted.

It's not segregation. No one is keeping anyone from making "black" music, not anyone from listening to it. It's recognizing the cultural origins of the music and giving that culture credit.
    Because you look so fine

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It's not segregation. No one is keeping anyone from making "black" music, not anyone from listening to it. It's recognizing the cultural origins of the music and giving that culture credit.
    except the term black is a racial term not a cultural term.

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Um, correct, but irrelevant?

Pointing out Jazz came out of black communities is not segregation. It's historically accurate and is, in fact, a source of cultural pride among the relevant black communities.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

No, if I called it "Jiggaboo Music" that would be racist.

note for mods: please note context! If not, cya in 2 weeks everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by speedymonkey View Post
    Germanic doesn't exclusively mean Germans btw.
    Oh right covers immigrating to Germany as well?

It's both in the US.
    Because you look so fine

When I was young and in school - my friends varied to evry creed color race religon you could think of. Sadly in my more adult years all of my friends are my race now, or I don't even know what they are because I know them through an MMO.

Ethnically, I chill with all kinds of peeps. Hawaiian, Irish, Filipino, German, Mexican and Black peoples. You have the variety here in Cali. Culturally, I'm the same way. One of my friends that I've known since the early 80s, is a straight up cowboy, (I'm a metalhead Mexican). Another one of my best friends is straight up form Hawaii. Shout out to Pidgeon Talk! My brotha from anotha motha, is an inspiring hip-hop artist/poet.

In university and have friends of all different colours and cultures, I like having such a variety of people in my social group makes things a lot more interesting in my opinion.

I live in West London, growing up in such a diverse area I don't even notice it, in my inner circle is 3 White, 2 South Asian, 1 East Asian and 1 Black, all born in the UK except for 1 who migrated from Poland.
    One cannot simply quit wow his way into Mordor.