Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd love to see shieldbreakers in game. Blade master would be cool too. But I think they would do something more ranged seeing as they have yet to add a ranged class and they've added two melee. So in saying Bard lust could be potential for an awesome dagger throwing action.

Quote Originally Posted by galileoacosta View Post

Bard is next
    I would love to see a bard in-game. The only problem is they are sometimes made to be only support, which leads to lower numbers in either healing or dpsing. I would like a bard that can be great at what he does, along with bringing some new interesting support ideas to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I've always thought the Priestess of Elune would make a brilliant new class.

Hybrid, healer/DPS

Two DPS trees, 1 ranged and 1 melee; 1 healer tree

Ranged uses bows/guns/crossbows, same as Hunters; melee uses daggers, swords, general agility stuff

Armor class: mail

Would be petless too so those Hunters who hate their pets can re-roll successfully! Just seems like this class could fill a nice niche.
    This is a decent idea. I'd probably just call them Sentinels - heroes trained by Night and Blood Elves. Probably wouldn't have them as healers though. Melee, Ranged and Caster specs would be awesome.

An important move would be removing primary stats from weapons, and replacing them with flat Attack or Spellpower. Thus weapons would be more varied and usable by multiple classes and specs. And let Monks use Daggers, for goodness' sake!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephlim View Post
    I'd love to see shieldbreakers in game. Blade master would be cool too. But I think they would do something more ranged seeing as they have yet to add a ranged class and they've added two melee. So in saying Bard lust could be potential for an awesome dagger throwing action.
    That would be awesome too...A bard throwing weapons...

*I would also like a mutli-pet class. The dk has army which is pretty cool to watch at times. Well a class like necro that can bring an army of, get this, targets he has just killed would be cool. The pets don't have to be overly powerful...just fun to bring to the party. I'd prefer a necro be ranged dps too.

Deleted
    I'm thinking more of a class that controls mechanics. Steampunky style maybe, or just plain mechanics.
    We have the gnomes who are more into engineering, but you'd think that somebody would use that engineering stuff for fighting?
    Making minions to help, turrets that can be set up in strategic places.
    Okay... so with the turrets it sounds more like totems for shamans, but still.
    They'd probably primarily use guns as weapons, because they're as technical as you can get.
    Standing from a distance, shooting at enemies and using his contraptions to trap them, attack them as well, all that good stuff.

I'm thinking I'd personally go for steam-powered items. So you'd be racking up steam power as your casting energy.
    The more steam power you have the longer your contraptions will be able to stay active, or perhaps they become more powerful... or somehow there would be a way to change between the two.
    It would make the class a bit difficult to learn I think, but I would like it.
    having a certain "stance" you can freely switch between... one giving more longevity to your creations, the other giving more power but a shorter lifespan.
    This all depending on how much steam-power you have been able to rack up using other skills.
    "lore"-wise this would work seeing as heat creates steam, and using certain skills will heat your gun/items up which in turn creates the steam, filling up your steam-power bar.

The contraptions would be mainly static, we already have locks and hunters with moving pets.
    It's just a general idea... and I came up with most of it while I was writing.

Personally I think there is a lot that hints towards Demon Hunters. The hidden quest in Darkshore, the monk trainer that says "I'd rather be a Demon Hunter". Not to mention the fact that another class would most likely be implemented in two expansion, when we reach level 100 and that seems to line up quite nicely with a Burning Legion/Sargeras/Argus encounter.

If they add another class, it should definitely be inspired by the Demon Hunter.

Like a Hunter, but with different / more Demon Hunter flavored abilities, and NO PETS.

What might be a problem is coming up with 3 specs for the Demon Hunter that are distinct enough, yet they all still work. I'd be happy with just one spec if that was the case... nothing says there need to be 3 exactly.

While I kind of like the pirate idea that was mentioned earlier in this thread, I would prefer to have my favorite class from the old games: the Berserker (i.e. Troll Berserkers in Warcraft 2). I'd imagine you could have the option of being ranged with thrown weapons, or up close and personal with melee. Possibly even a tanking spec.

And, since Berserkers aren't very Alliance, instead they would inherit Sentinels. Same basic concept with the glaive thrown weapons.

Thrown weapon ranged class with the option of melee would be cool IMO.

Deleted
    Given that the next expansion is apparently going to involve the Burning Legion again, and as Demon Hunters keep cropping up in lore, I can't see any other class being next. I'd expect it to be a mail armour class, with a melee tanking spec and two DPS specs; one melee, one ranged. Given their nature, I'd expect them to be like Death Knights; you start at lvl 55, go through your training and emerge from the starting zone at lvl 60. And have access to a glyph that always makes their melee weapons appear as warglaives, similar to how monks have a glyph to hide their weapons.
    Last edited by mmocb942b230af; 2012-12-12 at 02:02 PM.

Hybrid, healer/DPS

Ranged uses bows/guns/crossbows, same as Hunters; melee uses daggers, swords, general agility stuff

Would be petless too so those Hunters who hate their pets can re-roll successfully! Just seems like this class could fill a nice niche.
    wow this sounds... AWESOME!

Demon Hunter and Rune Master will be the next new classes to be added to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Elodeon View Post
    If they add another class, it should definitely be inspired by the Demon Hunter.

Like a Hunter, but with different / more Demon Hunter flavored abilities, and NO PETS.

What might be a problem is coming up with 3 specs for the Demon Hunter that are distinct enough, yet they all still work. I'd be happy with just one spec if that was the case... nothing says there need to be 3 exactly.
    actually you're right, there's no need for 3, i'd rather have two great ones, than 3 lame ones, like rogues are now

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Demon Hunter and Rune Master will be the next new classes to be added to WoW.
    what are those rune masters you guys talk about? enlighten me please

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    actually you're right, there's no need for 3, i'd rather have two great ones, than 3 lame ones, like rogues are now

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 04:24 PM ----------

what are those rune masters you guys talk about? enlighten me please
    Rune Masters were from the Warcraft RPG. They were sort of like Monks. During the development of Wrath, Blizz has three classes competing for release: Monks, Rune Masters and Necromancers. The final Death Knight class included ideas from the Rune Masters and Necromancers, including the Rune system from Rune Masters, and resurrecting/summoning pets from the Necromancers. And of course, Monks ended up in MoP. However, as their ideas for Rune Masters ended up in the Death Knight class, I can't see them becoming a separate class.

Deleted
    Give a "pure" class for once.

If their pattern holds, the next class is a whole expac away. Next expac they might do another race (since Panda neutrality seems to be working well), then a class the expac after.

I'd be interested to see where they could possibly go for new classes. Seems like every typical fantasy archetype has been done or mixed into existing classes. Some kind of pure Necromancer would be neat, or a Bard or Demon Hunter. I'd really like to see a new ranged class. Hopefully a plate-wearer. Warmage maybe?

we don't need another class. They can just do that whole path of the titans thingy for current classes and be done with it. I already have way too many alts and adding another class to play would make me /wrists

All of these extra races and classes are pretty much bringing the game to its knees. Everyone wants one of everything, and wants all 50 toons on the same realm, but wants to realm transfer for free at their discretion, while not letting any of their classes get nerfed but complaining someone else with the same class is OP. It just goes on and on. Let's get back to 8 basic races and specific classes. I will gladly lose my Worgen to regain some sense of order in this game

Deleted
    Spellbreakers. *__* I can dream, right?

Hybrid, healer/DPS

Sounds pretty interesting. Would be nice with a magic-caster/archer style class, and the no pets idea... brilliant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    I'd like to see a 4th talent tree, but I'm not sure it would work for classes that aren't hybrids. Unless they were to add a hybrid element to pure classes. I'm not sure if many people that play a pure DPS class would like that though.
    Personally I steer towards hybrids because I like the idea that I can fulfill a variety of roles. I'm guessing that doesn't appeal to some people that play pure classes.
    Anyway, would be cool to have say, a new tanking tree for Shamans, a ranged dps (holy magic based) tree for paladins and so on.
    I understand that probably wouldn't appeal to a lot of people, but I think it would be good.
    Same. Though it would be good if the pure DPS classes get something too.

Rogues should get tanking - because they would be sort of like swashbushers(spelling?)
    Warlocks should get tanking - a more permanent demon form with which to tank.
    Hunters should get healing - priestesses of the Moon and the so called ranged paladins would fit this well.
    Mages should get healing - the shamans already use water to heal, why can't mages do something similar? Or they could get a time-lordish spec that lets them so to say turn back time on their targets thus make the wounds disappear as they were never made.