Deleted

Soften up the transmogrification rules in MoP?

I'm wondering why for example I can't transmog my 1h/2h axe to a 1/2h mace and vise versa.
    I have no clue why Blizz doesn't want players to be able to do that because there literally is no downside to that.

Another thing I'm wondering is that why we can't transmog our legendaries for which we (in most cases) worked hard for. Why aren't we able to finally show those legendaries by transmogging our weapons to them.

I suggest Blizzard softens up the transmog 'rules' so we can have some more fun with the transmogrification system because I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one that would like that plus there is absolutley NO downside to that.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5154085599#1

I think they really should let you tansmog like weapons they way you can go between bows/guns/xbows.

Basically
    1h axes/maces/swords/daggers interchangeable
    2h swords/maces/axes interchangeable
    2h staffs/polearms interchangeable

The other thing I think they should do is allow you to transmog legendary items to look like other legendary items following the rules above. So you could transmog shadowmourne into sulfuras. Of course the real reason I want this is so that I can mog the eventual legendary gun from the quest chain into Thoridal.

Besides that if they could just add "hide shoulders" I would be really happy.
    Last edited by Prokne; 2012-08-16 at 10:53 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries are only worth bragging about if you have the latest one. Anybody can just farm easily for a old legendary now a days. And it makes no sense to turn a sharp sword into a bulky hammer. Changes what transmog is completely.

I agree. This would really benefit those classes that can use fist weapons but never have any to use b/c Blizz never gives them any. Transmog that shitty 1h mace into a fist weapon and actually enjoy the look of your weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioichi View Post
    Legendaries are only worth bragging about if you have the latest one. Anybody can just farm easily for a old legendary now a days. And it makes no sense to turn a sharp sword into a bulky hammer. Changes what transmog is completely.
    For me its really about the look of the legendary and the ability to get around having to use a gun which I cant stand. Thats why I suggested transmog only legendary<->legendary. That way Blizzard can keep them "rare" and we have some reason to use them besides sitting around in town. Of course if you could transmog anything into a legendary they would be all over the place either because people want to show off or just because they like the model better than anything else. Most legendary models are really cool after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let grey/white items be xmogable. There are some amazing stuff that I'd love for a casual look.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Besides that if they could just add "hide shoulders" I would be really happy.
    I'd rather have "Hide Enchant" WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before "Hide Shoulders" and transmog rule updates.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Smashface View Post
    I'm wondering why for example I can't transmog my 1h/2h axe to a 1/2h mace and vise versa.
    I have no clue why Blizz doesn't want players to be able to do that because there literally is no downside to that.

Another thing I'm wondering is that why we can't transmog our legendaries for which we (in most cases) worked hard for. Why aren't we able to finally show those legendaries by transmogging our weapons to them.

I suggest Blizzard softens up the transmog 'rules' so we can have some more fun with the transmogrification system because I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one that would like that plus there is absolutley NO downside to that.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5154085599#1
    Negative. The hunter loose xmogging is a problem imo, they can xmog a bow to a gun. That's stupid! 1h maces should be 1h maces, 1h swords = 1h swords etc.
    On another note, legendaries should not be able to be xmogged. They are legendaries for a reason. I don't want to go into a damn raid and see every other rogue with glaives, or every tank with a thunderfury, etc. They aren't hard to obtain, they just take time. If you want to use the legendaries, walk around SW with em and when it's raid time switch!

But this is my opinion, I respect yours also.

Signature Designer | PM Requests: OPEN | Realm: Eonar - US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Basically
    1h axes/maces/swords/daggers interchangeable
    2h swords/maces/axes interchangeable
    2h staffs/polearms interchangeable
    I like this, but if Blizzard is afraid that it might get out of hand, make it so that you can't transmog items your class can't use. Like a Paladin not being able to transmog his sword into a dagger etc.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Blizzard just looooooves pointless restrictions, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioichi View Post
    Yeah it makes it so you can look how you want, which was the point of transmog in the first place. I really wish they'd make those changes too.

Remove restrictions off gear pieces from the same visual set. At the very least allow Warriors/Paladins to transmog mail and plate, Hunters/Shamans to transmog leather and mail since they transition between these armour types as part of the leveling process. They really ought to remove armour class type restrictions in general. One tank in an AQ robe out of 999 others using plate or "appropriate" heavy looking armour pieces if they transmog at all is hardly worthy of a restriction. Some platekinis are more revealing than the AQ robes anyways Lol

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 03:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Let grey/white items be xmogable. There are some amazing stuff that I'd love for a casual look.
    This too!!!

Legendaries. Hell, they should've been one of the first things they allowed. How many times do we get people asking for Legendaries to scale in new expansions or some way of making them last longer? Seems like every other week (especially when a new Legendary is announced). The excuse was that they still wanted players to have to get new weapons and upgrade. Allowing them for Transmog would've been the perfect solution. Players get to use their Legendary weapon graphics longer, yet they still have to wait for weapon drops.

i like your ideas i want to transmogg my shadowmourne so bad

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Four things should cover all questions.

1. Blizz has confirmed they are removing the 1h, mh, oh restriction possibly as soon as 5.2

2. Blizz has said the next thing they want to look at is allowing "like animations" to be transmogged (1h sword, mace, axe. 2h of the before. stave, polearm.)

3. We will likely never see transmogging to unlike animations to preserve some sense of weapon choice.

4. Inter-armor transmog is possible further down the line.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking that a way to keeping Legendaries rare and usable for transmog would be allowing epics of the highest level to be transmogrifiable. That way there's still a requisite of effort. I mean, what is even the point of having a legendary if you can't use it?

Also, I sorely want inter armor type transmog, even if it's between to levels (Cloth->leather, Leather->Cloth or Mail, Mail-> Leather, Plate->Mail) I just want my hunter to wear some sleek leather armor.

It's really not that big of a deal. Sure, it would be nice to have more options, but its sad to see that Blizzard gives us SOMETHING, and all people do is complain that it is not enough.

After transmog, I'm starting to wonder what the point of them making new armor sets is, everyone just transmogs them to something else anyway, not to mention, some people just throw random ass shit together for the sake of transmog, whether it works or not.

As for the Legendary issue, I don't see why its such a huge deal anyway, 95% of the people didn't even get them when they were relevant, so it's not like you aren't able to sport something that you obtained years ago that actually meant something.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Four things should cover all questions.

1. Blizz has confirmed they are removing the 1h, mh, oh restriction possibly as soon as 5.2

2. Blizz has said the next thing they want to look at is allowing "like animations" to be transmogged (1h sword, mace, axe. 2h of the before. stave, polearm.)

3. We will likely never see transmogging to unlike animations to preserve some sense of weapon choice.

4. Inter-armor transmog is possible further down the line.
    I severely doubt being able to transmog different armor types will happen, and understandably so. Adding this would have to be done with so many limitations that it's not worth it. Being able to use a different weapon type makes sense and is one of my biggest gripes about the system. The changes they are thinking about adding won't help me, though. There is no "weapon choice" for me, or anyone really. They make one good weapon of each type nowadays, and you end up having to use what's best. No one is going to downgrade for aesthetic choices. I really WANT a staff to use one of my tons of awesome staves, but I wouldn't use a worse staff over a better 1h-oh combo. But that doesn't mean I don't wish I could just use my damn staff graphic.
    Last edited by Pascal; 2012-12-19 at 04:02 AM.

I would like to be able to transmog legendaries and heirlooms. When I first heard about the transmog system, I was most excited about being able to level my alts in heirlooms without looking ridiculous.