Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary gem in LFR weapons.

Hey everyone,

I just want to know your opinion in this matter i see alot of guildies putting this gem in their LFR weapon (we are stuck on elegon normal xD ) but is this worth it ?

I mean to get a new gem it will cost you 10K so basicly they are putting a 10K enchant on a LFR weapon.
    I know 5.1 just hitted but arnt we getting better weapons in 5.2 (rep grinding perhaps new raids which are easier) :P

Please help me obi-MMO.

PS sry for my crappy english xD

If you're not likely to grab the normal version any time soon, there's no harm in doing so, especially since with the VP upgrade possibility it can be a 491 weapon, only 5 ilvls behind the normal version.

EDIT: We also have no guarantee that there will be future sha-touched weapons; the ones we get in this tier may be upgraded via the Black Prince over the course of the xpac instead.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    I thought the Legendary gem was removable and thus you could put it in your normal/hc weapon if/when it drops. But I might be mistaken

Deleted
    If you're stuck on normal elegon I don't see the problem, 5.2 is still 3-5 months away and it's not like your guildies are going to be seeing normal sha weapons anytime soon, 10k isn't really anything to be worried about nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Koneko View Post
    we are stuck on elegon normal xD
    Well, you want to change this? Those gems are a good step into the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Magrov View Post
    I thought the Legendary gem was removable and thus you could put it in your normal/hc weapon if/when it drops. But I might be mistaken
    It's not removable. You have to buy another gem from Wrathion for 10k.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10k shouldnt be much for a raider. if it is then save it

10+ Year Old Account
    No you can't take it out. Just confirmed it in game.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

I have it in my LFR weapon, my guild is not progressing as much as we would like, so it will be a while before I see an upgrade from reg raids. And as the other person said, if you can afford the 10k to buy a new one then there is no harm putting it in your LFR weapon.

Deleted
    Yeah well you got some solid points there :P but the main reason is why we are stuck on elegon are people f*****ing up tactics and thus they die.
    Perhaps 10k isnt match for everyone (i only got 20k xD (i bought the darkmoontrinket for my lock and then 1 for my MW monk )) so then i should use it and stop whining ^^ thx for all the tips

I'm using the 500 int gem in my LFR mace as we still have people using worse weapons and I'd rather make sure the raid as a whole is as geared as possible than to min/max myself.

I did some rough simming to see benefit of gem, and it essentially worked out that adding the gem to the LFR weapon gives roughly the same dps increase as upgrading the LFR weapon to the normal version, around 2.75% (this is as a hunter, so for other classes ymmv). This is not insubstantial, especially if you upgrade it.

TL, DR: Gem the LFR weapon unless you're already farming the normal bosses that drop it

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    We also have no guarantee that there will be future sha-touched weapons; the ones we get in this tier may be upgraded via the Black Prince over the course of the xpac instead.
    I thought this as well at first, but the more I thought about it, I don't know if they would do this. That would pretty much guarantee that players would be using the same weapon for the entire expansion, enough that they might as well not even bother putting weapon drops in the game after this tier. Plus with how much Blizzard likes their gold sinks, I could certainly see them asking players to buy new gems.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Yeah well you got some solid points there :P but the main reason is why we are stuck on elegon are people f*****ing up tactics and thus they die.
    Perhaps 10k isnt match for everyone (i only got 20k xD (i bought the darkmoontrinket for my lock and then 1 for my MW monk )) so then i should use it and stop whining ^^ thx for all the tips
    Yeah, if you're still on Elegon, gemming your LFR sha-touched weapon isn't going to help all that much.

Nope, you have to buy a new gem every time.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Yeah we are stuck on elegon too, it sucks. Doesn't help our MT is working so much, so we have to pug a tank every run. We actually went and did the first boss of HoF and got him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    I thought this as well at first, but the more I thought about it, I don't know if they would do this. That would pretty much guarantee that players would be using the same weapon for the entire expansion, enough that they might as well not even bother putting weapon drops in the game after this tier. Plus with how much Blizzard likes their gold sinks, I could certainly see them asking players to buy new gems.
    Considering that adding the extra gem socket to the sha-touched weapons removes all enchants, regorging, and the sha-touched gem (not sure about last, definitely for first two), that's a big enough gold sink right there.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    10k shouldnt be much for a raider. if it is then save it
    It is when you started a new character less than 2 months ago without any gold . I can lose that 10k gold but I would rather not.

What's so legendary about spending 10k gold for a new gem anyway? I was hoping I could just change them whenever I liked. I guess I will just wait for a normal mode weapon. I don't think the dps increase is worth 10k gold. I felt the same when prices for Jade Spirit were around 9k gold compared to Windsong for just a few hundred gold. That is pretty much out of control.
    There are also some other enchants that make no sense price/upgrade wise. They, for example, give you 20 stats more but the price is 1000% higher . I think they should really look into that kind of stuff. They might not be able to control the prices completely but they can decrease the amount of mats needed or whatever. It is kinda ridiculous to pay thousands of gold for an enchant and you barely get anything for it in return.

On topic: I don't think it's worth it but it really depends on what weapons are available to you and when you can get them and how your progress is. My guild doesn't need me to do 200 dps (or whatever it is) more :P.

I'm going to put my legendary gem(getting it today, woo) into a LFR weapon if I get one, because I doubt Empress is going down any time soon
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    I think there will reach a choke point with the weapons where the stringent requirements to upgrade it further (i.e. to Legendary) will cause them to fall behind T15 or T16 weapons in terms of dps. Based on the comment yesterday about wanting players to gear up via earlier raid finders makes it seem less likely they'll add more sha-touched weapons to the mix, as fresher 90s will still have an opportunity to get the current ones.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 10:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    On topic: I don't think it's worth it but it really depends on what weapons are available to you and when you can get them and how your progress is. My guild doesn't need me to do 200 dps (or whatever it is) more :P.
    If everyone in the guild thinks that way, and you're wiping to a boss with under 20% health ... that's your answer.