Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    If you're stuck on normal elegon I don't see the problem, 5.2 is still 3-5 months away and it's not like your guildies are going to be seeing normal sha weapons anytime soon, 10k isn't really anything to be worried about nowadays.
    This is my sentiment, 10k is really just one day of work, or if the guild has any money stored up that would be a good use of it to. I've never really seen any reason to hoard money in the GB. It comes in so fast anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember if you are still somewhere around Elegon, or even a bit further...say like Garalon, that not only do you still have to progress up to Empress, you need her to drop your weapon, AND you need to win it. There really should be little hesitation about using gem for LFR weapon, unless your guild is already well progressed in ToES or at least HoF. 10K isn't much. Even if it's 10K more than you have now...it is fairly easy to save that much up in the time it will take your average player to progress up to and obtain a normal Sha Touched weapon.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Unless you're actively killing or at least within 2 bosses of the boss that drops the item you need to use the gem, I'd say use it on what you have now. 10k isn't exactly hard to obtain, just requires some work.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in the same position with being stuck on Elegon. The way I see it, we won't be seeing reg Sha any time soon and even if Starshatter drops, I have to roll against two other potential rollers so it's RNG on top of RNG on top of getting Elegon on farm.

That might be a while.

So, I just went ahead and gemmed LFR Shin'ka and even then I went ahead and threw an upgrade on it along with Relic of Xuen.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Let's stop calling it legendary. And just orange or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    I'm in the same position with being stuck on Elegon. The way I see it, we won't be seeing reg Sha any time soon and even if Starshatter drops, I have to roll against two other potential rollers so it's RNG on top of RNG on top of getting Elegon on farm.

That might be a while.

So, I just went ahead and gemmed LFR Shin'ka and even then I went ahead and threw an upgrade on it along with Relic of Xuen.
    Upgrading a LFR weapon is a waste. However using the gem that you can rebuy is fine in a LFR item.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know how the upgraded gem from the 5.1 wrathion stuff works? Do you get a brand new 550 stat gem to socket as you please without being forced to remove the old one during the quest? Where I'm going with this is put the 500 stat one into the LFR weapon and save the 550 one for a regular mode weapon and save yourself 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Why? You do realize that more than one person in the world is going to get every item that does and ever will exist in the game?
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Upgrading a LFR weapon is a waste. However using the gem that you can rebuy is fine in a LFR item.
    I felt pretty dirty about doing it but it still provided a fairly decent upgrade over other items on my character and I'll make that 750 vp back several times before we make any decent progress for better gear to upgrade. 487 Shin'ka puts me over Reg Starshatter by a little bit (and a fair amount over 483) so it's really only a waste for me if Starshatter drops next week and I happen to win it which I don't see happening.

That's how I thought of it anyway.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    it is legendary. calling it "orange" would just be confusing.. since there is already basic orange cuts.

OT: is it worth it to socket LFR weapons.. lemme ask this.. is your group doing ToES? if yes (or maybe even HoF) then no its not worth it.. since you should be seeing your normal version of the weapon drop very soon. if you are not regularly clearing those two raids.. then yes absolutely use the gem in your LFR version.. it will be a while before your group even downs one boss let alone gets the whole raid on farm for Norm weapons. plenty of time to do some dailies and sell some junk on the AH to make that 10k.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Had the Sha touched staff (LFR) socketed with 500 int gem at the moment I got it, and a few days later I acquired the dagger (normal) from amber-shaper, needless to say, I was pretty frustrated to have wasted the gem. I would advise you to consider your options, if you think you are going to get normal version in not too distant future, just save the damn gem. You having 500 more int isn't going to bring boss from 20% to 0% like somebody claimed on this thread.