Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    It's hard for me to pick out the 5 worst games that I actually played that released in 2012, since I generally do a lot of research before I purchase a game. It's been a while since I've bought something I'd consider a bad game. I see you guys place a lot of critically acclaimed games (Darksiders II, Guild Wars 2, Dishonored, etc.) and wonder if you guys actually even enjoy video games anymore. No really. You guys make me think of my pissed off, unhappy, cynical friend who hates all new video games, yet he keeps buying them. Like, what's the fucking point? Are you going to buy Bioshock Inifinite and think it's shit too, even if it's amazing? Just seems derpy as fuck to me. I respect that people have different opinions than the majority, but come the fuck on. If you aren't enjoying any of the games that critics and players are praising the hell out of, maybe gaming is no longer for you?
    Understand that a critic is just another player. same as you and me. 1 person at IGN may love it, another may hate it. For every game with 1mil fanboys there is 1 mil haters.

Also, yes I love playing video games, my list of games I've loved goes far beyond the ones I've hated. And as to answer your statement about bioshock : No, I played bioshock once, and played one fallout, and I never rebought either of the series because I hated them. Gave them each a shot, and then made my decision.
    Last edited by Zazey; 2012-12-12 at 03:31 PM.

I get that. I just wonder: are they any games that came out this year that you enjoyed? Other than Mists of Pandaria? Because you listed a bunch of games that many would consider to be very, very good games as your "worst" games. And like, that's your opinion. Cool. Just seems like...if you don't like those, then what the fuck would you like? Unless you just have the most distinctive weird ass fuckin' tastes lol.
    5 games I loved this year:
    -Planetside 2
    -AC3 The ship battles are fucking amazing
    -Borderlands 2, same game yeah, but I love it.
    -CS:GO
    -Orcs Must Die 2

Theres many many many many others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazey View Post
    yeah yeah. As I said earlier, it was so bad It ruined this year too.
    If previous years count, I'll add Cata to my list. It was WoW for 2/3 of the year anyway.

Deleted
    It's hard for me to pick out the 5 worst games that I actually played that released in 2012, since I generally do a lot of research before I purchase a game. It's been a while since I've bought something I'd consider a bad game. I see you guys place a lot of critically acclaimed games (Darksiders II, Guild Wars 2, Dishonored, etc.) and wonder if you guys actually even enjoy video games anymore. No really. You guys make me think of my pissed off, unhappy, cynical friend who hates all new video games, yet he keeps buying them. Like, what's the fucking point? Are you going to buy Bioshock Inifinite and think it's shit too, even if it's amazing? Just seems derpy as fuck to me. I respect that people have different opinions than the majority, but come the fuck on. If you aren't enjoying any of the games that critics and players are praising the hell out of, maybe gaming is no longer for you?

well people are entitled to their own opinions, and thats exactly what this thread is for. and there are always people who will just hate on everything popular, im not saying thats what the op is, just pointing it out.
    personally i loved GW2, ive not played any of the other games the OP mentioned yet, but im planning on picking up dishonoured if it goes on sale at Christmas GW2 is the best mmo ive played in a long time, ive tried basically every other mmo since wow released, and none have help my attention for more than a few days, GW2 for me is one of the best games ive played this year.

Assassin's Creed 3? Really? CS: GO? PlanetSide 2?

Holy fuck, your tastes in games boggles the fuck out of my mind.

To each their own I suppose.

Planetside 2 is actually a great game. But as you say, to each their own.

Deleted

whats wrong with AC3 and Planetside 2 exactly?

Deleted
    Biggest Disappointments

1. D3
    2. MoP
    3. Halo 4
    4. GW2
    5. Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances (in beta but I played it and now I know it'll flop)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klausk View Post
    Planetside 2 is actually a great game. But as you say, to each their own.

it kept me entertained for a week or so, got a little bored of it personally, but it was a great game considering it was totally free.

Types of games I like:

Sports games when playing with friends.
    MMO raiding
    Action packed story games
    Death Match style shooters
    War games.
    MOBA's

I don't really stray to much from what I like. Don't get me wrong I try other games. Shogun 2 was amazing, The witcher 2, and Sleeping Dogs was surprisingly not bad.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 03:44 PM ----------

Planetside 2 Blows my mind that it is free. It's very enteraining in one of those, "I'm bored with every game right now... lets go have a war" type of feel.

Just to clerify my position on GW2. I love hardcore raiding in MMOs. I hate leveling, I hate single player story, if I wanted story I would go play a SP game. GW2 is a fucking amazing game if you like playing with others, doing quests, leveling your character, and stories. It just isn't for me. Same reason I got bored of Runescape when I was 12, too much grinding, not enough dragons.

1. SWtor (It should be obvious. Even more obvious with the F2P. Yes its 2011, but I still consider it a 2012 game due to how close the dates are, and no quick reviews.)
    2. GW2 (Its far too casual for my liking. I always thought grinds were boring, but now I enjoy them)
    3. Tribes Ascend (When Dangerous crossing and Permafrost was added. Still love the game, but sucked after months.)
    4. Diablo 3 (I liked the game, but its too much of a single player game for a game that's online only, and its far too repetitive.)
    5. Prolly Mass Effect 3 for the ending, couldn't think of a 5th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Op, you negative opinion on dishonored made me more annoyed than i should be.

Worst game is without doubt Mop. a mix between cataclysm + TON more dailies..

3. Black ops 2
    2. Diablo 3
    1. Mop
    Last edited by Toffie; 2012-12-12 at 03:49 PM.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

I'll admit, first, that I didn't buy much games this past year. However, I think that it's still fair that NUMBER ONE IS

DIABLO 3.

What an awful, terrible, ridiculous, worthless excuse of a piss-poor video game. My favorite video game franchise ever (over Mario, Sonic, Zelda), and easily the franchise (through D2 and D2: LoD) that I spent my teenage years and early 20s playing, ruined by this awful video game that just happened to inexplicably share its name with the Diablo series.

I'm still waiting for Diablo 3. I bought Titan Quest for 70 cents through Steam. It's six years old and better than D3. I'm still in shock about D3.

That's the only game I bought in 2012 besides MoP. Sad year for video games for me :P

I know some people will disagree with my opinions about dishonored. I just wished it had more of a hack and slash element too it, but it didn't. It's like AC3 for me, yeah sure staying stealthed is fine, but if I want to go on a killing spree and 1v30 enemies at once and mow them down like the trash they are I can. But I couldn't in dishonored, note I played on highest difficulty so it wasn't really designed to do that.

FPS and action adventures :S Whats so bizarre about that ?

1.- SWTOR
    2.- MoP
    3.- Diablo 3
    4.- GW
    5.- Black ops 2

since i dont play alot of games to begin with i'll just comment on what i have played that disapointed.

D3, main issue with it for me was lack of replayability,

SWTOR, since its been mentioned so much already. i think had alot of potential, but i think bioware screwed up in 2 major areas that hurt it, one and prob the most important they lauched with to many servers with the pop caps set to low. so many servers were deadzone even right after release it left you feeling like you were alone. the other is they spent way to much on the voice over work. voice over while nice was way over done and should of been limited to key story events. ie class missions, flashpoints and so on.

as for MOP, since i stopped being a hardcore wow player with TBC to begin with, so i find it an acceptable expansion that like the previous ones gives me something to do to pass the time when i'm bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Idol View Post
    1.- SWTOR
    2.- MoP
    3.- Diablo 3
    4.- GW
    5.- Black ops 2

Even mother fuckin Billy god damn Idol doesn't like SWTOR.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 03:58 PM ----------

It's just that all those games have tons of players and critics saying that they're either incredibly flawed or complete shit. Especially PlanetSide 2 and CS: GO. Yet games like Dishonored (also flawed in some areas) somehow make the "top 5 worst" list for him lol. That's an incredibly fucking bizarre opinion.
    Dishonored would have been one of my top 5 favorite games outside of 2 reasons:
    1- I wished the graphics style was more realism.
    2- I wished it had more of an option to bust through zones head on instead of avoiding danger. Sometimes I like to feel like a badass and say " fuck the spotlights, fuck the fifty guards, I'm going to kill that bitch."

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I knew it. Saw this thread and figured almost every post would include WoW, Diablo, SWTOR, and GW2....why is this not surprising?

Does anyone have an original opinion or is this just a thread for sheep to chew grass an baa all over the place? These types of threads exist only to let people throw up in them and then regurgitate the same ideas like we're feeding baby birds.

2012 was a great year for PC gaming in my opinion. I haven't played a single game that can be considered bad, so no qualifications for me to say they are the worst. I tend to not play games I don't think I'll enjoy and it works out really great. Before the last few patches, I wasn't pleased with Diablo...but it was still a good game. Likewise, I stopped playing GW2 because it didn't hold my attention. When I played it though, I thought it was brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo III
    I don't know if it just had to much hype or what. As soon as Blizzard said you could get Diablo III for free for signing a contract for a year on WoW, I was like NOOO Way. Subscribe for a year. I was like, well not like I will really be playing WoW maybe in the off time of playing the awesomeness that Diablo III is going to be..
    Then, it was just let down city. It got me thinking... maybe they done that because they knew Diablo III wasn't going to be as good as everyone was expecting it to be....
    I don't know. Anyways It has gotten better. It was fun the first play through on normal, then on nightmare, then on hell. Then it got to inferno and was like this is stupid you get killed by a bug with all the gear you had acquired the whole time, you had to stack nothing but resistance gear.... It wasn't fun and I really thought that is where the fun was going to really begin. A lass I was let down and thank god I still had WoW to play. It just fells too repetitive and doesn't have the magic Diablo II had or even 1 if you ask me. I could play Diablo 1 right now and still have a blast, more of a blast than on III.
    They done so many things Right with Diablo III and then there are a-lot of wrongs.
    Founder of Kentuckynerd.com come visit for podcasts and more!

Yeah I totally get that and understand that. Your tastes still confuse the fuck out of me. You like action. I see that, I can sympathize with that, I like that to. But how in God's name did you survive AC3's fucking 5 hour intro where nothing fucking happens lol?

This is how I survived the intro "Are you shitting me that was the intro? And I was a templar, thats sorta dickish... so now I can run on rooftops and slay bitches right? Ok sick."