Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Second wind needs changing. Now.

The healing received by Second Wind is just too much. I mean seriously, 11k ticks PER SECOND? That means I have to do above 11k sustained DPS to bring a Warrior down. That is also through multiple defensives, a HEALER that heals him, him equipping a shield and getting a tonfuck of more physical damage reduction, and of course basic stuff like line of sighting which, if properly done, reduces damage taken by up to 100%.

The healing is too strong. I'm not saying nerf it per se, but at least fix it. It shouldn't be too hard, right?

For example, just reduce the healing done to 2%. Also make it get hit by the 30% healing reduction in PvP (just like every other class has to suffer from it). To balance it out, make it so that it heals when the Warrior is below 75% instead. You'll still get a steady 5k per second heal, but it won't be so broken that certain classes can't kill you whatsoever unless they line up their offensive cooldowns altogether.

I'm a Feral player myself. I've seen enough Warriors live through my sustained damage (rape, rip and shreds).

Oh, and just to defend myself here: Nerf the %heal of leader of the pack while you're at it. Slap the PvP healing reduction on it, and increase the ICD by 2 or 3 seconds. Currently, Leader of the Pack heals me for, roughly, 0,66% max health per second. Reducing it a little is still okay for sustained healing, but just less damn bursty.

Keep Recuperate as it is. Rogues are in a bad spot. Though they can perform well if played correctly, Recuperate is mandatory for a Rogue's survivability for a few seasons now. As much as it heals, it definitely doesn't make Rogues overpowered. Plus, it costs combo points.

/Rant off

Deleted
    ur rips and rake's tick for 20k non crits i dont see the problem..

Deleted
    Fairly certain I've read somewhere that in battlegrounds at least that Second Wind does only heal 2%, not sure about other modes.

-you mentioned armor being useful
    -you mentioned second wind being op in bgs/arena
    -you play a feral

not only do you play one of the strongest specs in pvp but you seem to think that armor means something in this game.
    no pun intended but you need to l2p before calling out for changes that fit your level of skill.

I see people tear through Second Wind quite easily all the time, as i do myself. Like someone else said, it's a l2p issue here.

Deleted
    to be honest, I don't feel that killing a warrior even trhough second wind is that hard, the hardest thing against a warrior is surviving long enough to be able to kill him

Deleted
    Yeah it's hard to kill a warrior through second wind.
    If they have SW, DbtS, rally and banner up and turtling in def stance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Second wind is lame when used in defensive stance. Better they nerf defensive stance.
    Second winds biggest issue is that it exist as it does, no skill fully automated. Says alot of the skillfloor needed to play a warrior in general.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Try killing a warrior 1v1 as shadow priest they stress me out . feels like you cant do nothing

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    not only do you play one of the strongest specs in pvp but you seem to think that armor means something in this game..
    Do you mean armor is useless in this game? against feral dots it's useless but for phys damage dealers who don't have -% armor debuff it's pain to kill target who has massive armor. 25% vs 45% from armor theres huge difference. It's same like 40% resilience vs 60% resilience when it comes to phys dmg.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2012-12-12 at 03:39 PM.

Dont blow your CDs till you get the warrior low. Thats the best way to punch through second wind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Dont blow your CDs till you get the warrior low. Thats the best way to punch through second wind.
    yea in a perfect world where every spec can get a warrior low without cds that would work, wouldnt it.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    The healing received by Second Wind is just too much. I mean seriously, 11k ticks PER SECOND? That means I have to do above 11k sustained DPS to bring a Warrior down. That is also through multiple defensives, a HEALER that heals him, him equipping a shield and getting a tonfuck of more physical damage reduction, and of course basic stuff like line of sighting which, if properly done, reduces damage taken by up to 100%.

The healing is too strong. I'm not saying nerf it per se, but at least fix it. It shouldn't be too hard, right?

For example, just reduce the healing done to 2%. Also make it get hit by the 30% healing reduction in PvP (just like every other class has to suffer from it). To balance it out, make it so that it heals when the Warrior is below 75% instead. You'll still get a steady 5k per second heal, but it won't be so broken that certain classes can't kill you whatsoever unless they line up their offensive cooldowns altogether.

I'm a Feral player myself. I've seen enough Warriors live through my sustained damage (rape, rip and shreds).

Oh, and just to defend myself here: Nerf the %heal of leader of the pack while you're at it. Slap the PvP healing reduction on it, and increase the ICD by 2 or 3 seconds. Currently, Leader of the Pack heals me for, roughly, 0,66% max health per second. Reducing it a little is still okay for sustained healing, but just less damn bursty.

Keep Recuperate as it is. Rogues are in a bad spot. Though they can perform well if played correctly, Recuperate is mandatory for a Rogue's survivability for a few seasons now. As much as it heals, it definitely doesn't make Rogues overpowered. Plus, it costs combo points.

/Rant off
    Well, God forbid anyone live through your rape damage.

I'm also a little confused, could you clarify the situation a bit? It sounds like you're talking about 2v2(at least when you mention the warrior having a healer, I assume that's what you mean) and 2v2 is a complete clusterfuck. It's not particularly easy to lock down and kill a feral druid with a healer in a 2v2 situation either.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    How many more warrior nerfs are people going to ask for? Serious question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Second winds biggest issue is that it exist as it does, no skill fully automated. Says alot of the skillfloor needed to play a warrior in general.
    It still takes skill in PVP at least, you have to be good a kiting/cc'ing while second wind is healing you

Deleted
    Feral druid whines. Not as tasty as mage tears but still ambrosia.

What, your insane opening bust damage isn't enough to kill something ?!

Blizzard doesn't balance around 1v1 or 2v2. If you can't kill through second wind in a 3v3, especially as a feral (probably the 3rd best dps spec in PvP atm) then you have some serious l2p issues

Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post

You are a terrible player if a warrior lived through actual damage from you just via Second Wind alone without healing, LoS, peels, CCs, etc.

Also...if you are talking 1v1 or 2v2, the game isn't intended to be balanced around those circumstances for pvp. They don't claim it and don't intend to start balancing for 1v1 or 2v2 either. L2P issue IMO.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    ur rips and rake's tick for 20k non crits i dont see the problem..

Warrior Burst is too insane; Nerf TFB stacks to 3
    Warrior Burst still out of control, Nerf TFB stacks to 1
    Warrior has to much control; i can't cast anything, gag order nerf
    Warrior has too much mobility; Avatar nerf plus rage gain

Second Wind is healing too much; how do you think everyone felt when rogues can just recoup and pillar hump; vanish etc all day?

PvP isn't balanced on 1v1 or dueling therefore there is no reason a class should be nerf to the ground just for the sake of your epeen.

PvP Balance is more focus on 3v3 arena and Battlegrounds; i'm currently 2450 experience and 2200 currently in 3v3 running WLS and we face 2400 rated teams all the time. Chain CC eventually happen and i almost always die in a deep freeze or get finished of by the shadow priest.

398k hp
    63% resil
    Second Wind starts ticking at 130k HP

Deep Freeze = can't reflect
    Frost Bomb hits for 120k thru 25% dmg reduction from defensive stance
    10k hp left; throw in another spell from; mage, druid or priest gg.

even as prot in arena, 2 people can kill you. RBG = u die obviously from 10 people hitting you.

stop asking for nerfs because you can't 1v1 a class.

Nerf second wind???? bad idea, do you not realize how NOT op is it?

Two words: Healing Debuff

If you can't kill an afk warrior with 2nd wind debuff then you should go delete your character right now and just forget you ever played this game, this goes for the casters mainly.