Page 1 of 18
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Second wind needs changing. Now.

    The healing received from Second Wind is just too much. I mean seriously, 11k ticks PER SECOND? That means I have to do above 11k sustained DPS to bring a Warrior down. That is also through multiple defensives, a HEALER that heals him, him equipping a shield and getting a tonfuck of more physical damage reduction, and of course basic stuff like line of sighting which, if properly done, reduces damage taken by up to 100%.

    The healing is too strong. I'm not saying nerf it per se, but at least fix it. It shouldn't be too hard, right?

    For example, just reduce the healing done to 2%. Also make it get hit by the 30% healing reduction in PvP (just like every other class has to suffer from it). To balance it out, make it so that it heals when the Warrior is below 75% instead. You'll still get a steady 5k per second heal, but it won't be so broken that certain classes can't kill you whatsoever unless they line up their offensive cooldowns altogether.

    I'm a Feral player myself. I've seen enough Warriors live through my sustained damage (rape, rip and shreds).

    Oh, and just to defend myself here: Nerf the %heal of leader of the pack while you're at it. Slap the PvP healing reduction on it, and increase the ICD by 2 or 3 seconds. Currently, Leader of the Pack heals me for, roughly, 0,66% max health per second. Reducing it a little is still okay for sustained healing, but just less damn bursty.

    Keep Recuperate as it is. Rogues are in a bad spot. Though they can perform well if played correctly, Recuperate is mandatory for a Rogue's survivability for a few seasons now. As much as it heals, it definitely doesn't make Rogues overpowered. Plus, it costs combo points.

    /Rant off

  2. #2
    GC finally admitted Second Wind was too strong. He was warned in Beta, but as usual, he pulled the "our testing does not show this" card. which is code for "I'm the lead dev and I know what's best for the game"

    So, it's rather obvious the dude is pretty clueless when it comes to PvP, but Second Wind will be almost certainly nerfed in 5.2, about 4 months out.

  3. #3
    Sure Second Wind heals a lot, but their burst damage should be slightly nerfed before they target their healing.

  4. #4
    No, if you fuck with second wind I cant solo shit. Just give it a further debuff in arenas/rbgs, problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    “When people talk about the good old days, I say to people, 'It's not the days that are old, it's you that's old.' I hate the good old days. What is important is that today is good.”
    ― Karl Lagerfeld
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  5. #5
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kingston upon thames
    Posts
    15,950
    i think it needs the same healing reduction as other heals (if it doesn't already?) and be every 2seconds instead of every second. dont want to completely ruin warriors self healing, but right now it does seem really high.
    Too cool for a signature

  6. #6
    I'm rather fond of the way second wind has turned out... and I don't even play warrior. The situation in cata was that rogues were tanks and warriors, covered head to toe in METAL were squishy.... I like second wind because it plays into the lore of warrior... like some average joe with such determination and personal heroism that he is repairing his body with pure willpower.
    Warriors are frustrating more for their burst and 20 second aoe kidney shotting everybody. After this TfB nerf you will probable get less grief from them... and hopefully shockwave's cd could be pushed up to 30 or 40 seconds to make them even balanced.

  7. #7
    It seemed high at the beginning of the expansion, with the amount of people are doing now, i rarely see anyone have trouble with second wind. If you are, you aren't doing something right.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    GC finally admitted Second Wind was too strong. He was warned in Beta, but as usual, he pulled the "our testing does not show this" card. which is code for "I'm the lead dev and I know what's best for the game"
    It's hilarious when lead developers think that they know something about whatever they are developing, when it is obvious to everyone else that random forum posters is where true wisdom is found.

    ps
    nerf warriors!

  9. #9
    Bloodsail Admiral Ethes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (日本東京)
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    No, if you fuck with second wind I cant solo shit. Just give it a further debuff in arenas/rbgs, problem solved.
    I think indeed it would be very good if Blizzard would stop trying to balance pvp and by doing so killing pve. It would be so much better if, for example, abilities have a different effect on players than they have on NPC's... Al though it doesn't really apply to self-healing, at least it would make balancing things out a whole lot easier.

  10. #10
    When I play resto shaman and I can't even kill a warrior that is AFK even GC has to admit that it's not a good mechanic.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome Lushious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    The healing received from Second Wind is just too much. I mean seriously, 11k ticks PER SECOND? That means I have to do above 11k sustained DPS to bring a Warrior down. That is also through multiple defensives, a HEALER that heals him, him equipping a shield and getting a tonfuck of more physical damage reduction, and of course basic stuff like line of sighting which, if properly done, reduces damage taken by up to 100%.

    The healing is too strong. I'm not saying nerf it per se, but at least fix it. It shouldn't be too hard, right?

    For example, just reduce the healing done to 2%. Also make it get hit by the 30% healing reduction in PvP (just like every other class has to suffer from it). To balance it out, make it so that it heals when the Warrior is below 75% instead. You'll still get a steady 5k per second heal, but it won't be so broken that certain classes can't kill you whatsoever unless they line up their offensive cooldowns altogether.

    I'm a Feral player myself. I've seen enough Warriors live through my sustained damage (rape, rip and shreds).

    Oh, and just to defend myself here: Nerf the %heal of leader of the pack while you're at it. Slap the PvP healing reduction on it, and increase the ICD by 2 or 3 seconds. Currently, Leader of the Pack heals me for, roughly, 0,66% max health per second. Reducing it a little is still okay for sustained healing, but just less damn bursty.

    Keep Recuperate as it is. Rogues are in a bad spot. Though they can perform well if played correctly, Recuperate is mandatory for a Rogue's survivability for a few seasons now. As much as it heals, it definitely doesn't make Rogues overpowered. Plus, it costs combo points.

    /Rant off
    So you are basicly just jelly of it? Why do you feel the need to nerf it in PvE and THEN also slap a 30% PvP healing debuff onto it?

    I am no PvP, but I can't see why you want it to be nerfed to 2% instead of 3% in PvE.

  12. #12
    Avatar , gag order , tab stacks, now second wind ? The representation of warriors in pvp will be so low by the end of this seasons at this rate we will be in the exact same scenario next season after they buff the class just to get people away from playing ferals and enhancement shamans which have more than dodged the bullet on nerfs... Warriors can die in seconds with secon wind procced.
    I bet you keep loosing to a warrior in a duel 1v1 and are raging.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    So, it's rather obvious the dude is pretty clueless when it comes to PvP, but Second Wind will be almost certainly nerfed in 5.2, about 4 months out.
    This exactly.

    Don't post "this" posts
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-13 at 04:07 PM.

  14. #14
    The Patient BaP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Zul'jin
    Posts
    247
    You drove me, nearly drove me, out of my head
    Well, you can cry me a river, cry me a river
    Could it be a river of tears I cried in bed?

    So you can cry me a river lol

  15. #15
    Mechagnome Adonael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Nuclear power plant
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by BaP View Post
    You drove me, nearly drove me, out of my head
    Well, you can cry me a river, cry me a river
    Could it be a river of tears I cried in bed?

    So you can cry me a river lol
    I second that

    All i hear is QQ.

  16. #16
    second wind isn't the whole problem. its second wind +def stance.

    if they are not going to make def stance less attractive for arm to sit in, i think second wind should have an ICD and once it procs it ticks for xx seconds, then can't proc again for another xx seconds.

    warriors have crazy amounts of passive damage reduction and passive survivability tools, and in a game where you are endlessly sitting in stuns, fears and being bursted for half your HP bar on a regular basis passive damage reduction is incredibly good.

    warriors need to use second wind intelligently, not constantly rely on it to keep them propped up.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2012-12-12 at 07:21 PM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  17. #17
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Magtheridon-US
    Posts
    166
    Came across a prot warrior in arenas last night. As resto shaman/arms warrior it wasn't possible to kill him because of second wind. His teammate died 1 minute into the match, and we gave up trying to kill him after another 15 or so. The warrior on my team is still in blue PvP gear with a 463 weapon, but the other warr looked to be similarly geared, so it shouldn't have mattered.

    I'd say that's pretty broken...

  18. #18
    It just takes anyone 10 minutes to watch Reckful play 2s to see how broken Second Wind is.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    I'm a Feral player myself. I've seen enough Warriors live through my sustained damage (rape, rip and shreds).
    I didn't know druids had that 1st ability. It's a nice Freudian slip.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I didn't know druids had that 1st ability. It's a nice Freudian slip.
    It's what it feels like.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •