Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Heroic Vizier Rings Clarification Needed

    Hey all.

    My 10 man just started working on Heroic Vizier and it's not going that bad but we are struggling on rings. I thought we had a good plan going in but the patterns seem to be much different than any kill video I have watched (seen a ton).

    After much research and looking at wipes I frapsed, my question is this. I believe the pattern of the rings is determined by which direction the boss is currently facing when he casts them, is this correct? If this is accurate then it has no bearing where your group starts on the platform as long as you are consistent with what direction you face him.

    From what I have seen I think it may be best to face him towards the raid and have everyone stack up behind the tank. In this position it looks like it is a simple move left or right to get into the correct lane without really needing to dodge anything. We are honestly not that bad at dodging rings but it was very difficult to come up with a set plan of what to do every time as I believe we were changing where he was facing all the time. Running into a lane with the slow moving green rings when you thought you were clear is less than ideal.

    Seems like a fun fight overall I just want to nail down some of the what we thought was rng of the rings. One more question, do the rings behave the same way in the final phase as far as spawning in set patterns depending on which direction the boss is facing?

    Thanks so much.

  2. #2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lROW0...feature=g-hist

    Do ^ that & you will never ever have any problems. You should get used to improvising though because you cannot follow that tactic with double attenuations in the final phase. Take it from me, the vast vast majority of our wipes in any phase was due to:

    1. People not being able to improvise and dodge double attenuations
    2. People not being in the correct barriers thereby meaning some people have no damage reduction buff
    Last edited by Halaberiel; 2012-12-12 at 03:39 PM.

  3. #3
    Yeah I have seen that and tried to implement it during our attempts but I don't think we had the boss faced the correct way. Is it both that area on the platform as well as the way he is facing, or just the way he is facing that matters?

  4. #4
    I don't want to give TOO much away, but I'll say this:

    The rings and "bubbles" both spawn predictably and follow an exact pattern, however the pattern that each follows is based on something completely different. The rings will always spawn relative to the boss. So you just need to figure out what bubble spawns are based on =)

  5. #5
    If not position on the platform or the way he is facing I don't know what would control it. Am I missing something simple?

  6. #6
    The video link that was posted above is exactly what you need to do. Have a designated point where people stack up on the platform to dance and follow the video. DBM will also tell you which direction the attenuation is going to make it easier on you. Now, in the last phase it is a bit trickier and sometimes you should just run away and live. The enrage is not an issue, so living is the key.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    I don't want to give TOO much away, but I'll say this:

    The rings and "bubbles" both spawn predictably and follow an exact pattern, however the pattern that each follows is based on something completely different. The rings will always spawn relative to the boss. So you just need to figure out what bubble spawns are based on =)
    Normally when people don't want to give stuff away they just don't post. I'm not sure the fashion of posting in threads looking for advice and saying "well I'd tell you but..." will catch on. I certainly hope it doesn't.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayita View Post
    The video link that was posted above is exactly what you need to do. Have a designated point where people stack up on the platform to dance and follow the video. DBM will also tell you which direction the attenuation is going to make it easier on you. Now, in the last phase it is a bit trickier and sometimes you should just run away and live. The enrage is not an issue, so living is the key.
    yeah, but does the area where you stack and/or the direction the boss is facing have anything to do with the pattern the rings/bubbles spawn in?

  9. #9
    Meh, enough people are killing it at this point - the green bubbles spawn based on cardinal directions (N,E,S,W)

    Didn't mean to sound douchey, just thought somebody might want to figure it out for themselves =|

  10. #10
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,243
    @OP: BigWigs will tell you which way to go. The rings always spawn in a spiral pattern. There will be at least 1 close bubble, one middle one, and 1 far one in Phase 1. In Phase 2, there will be 2 near the boss and 2 near the echo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    Meh, enough people are killing it at this point - the green bubbles spawn based on cardinal directions (N,E,S,W)
    Yeah, I was going to say, not like this boss is a big secret with so many guilds having downed it already

    To be fair, with so many videos out, if a guild hasn't figured it out for themselves already and is asking for help, they probably won't without a lot of frustration/time wasted and trying to keep more secrets will just frustrate them further.

  11. #11
    The only thing that matters is where the boss is facing. I don't know why people are giving complicated answers to a non complicated question. It's as simple as that.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiuri View Post
    The only thing that matters is where the boss is facing. I don't know why people are giving complicated answers to a non complicated question. It's as simple as that.
    Honestly the more research I do the closer I get to this conclusion. How can the green bubbles spawn at N, S, E and W when there are only ever 3 lines or bubbles at a time? seems like just face the boss towards the raid and go right or left.

  13. #13
    High Overlord Celar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Norway, Bergen
    Posts
    186
    Bigwigs will tell you a warning wether to run left or right. Makes it 100% impossible for anyone to be confused in your raid.
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

  14. #14
    I didn't say exactly where they spawn from, the "n,s,e,w" was just to clarify "cardinal directions" for anyone who may not be familiar with the term.

    I don't know the exact directions in which they spawn, only that they spawn relative to the static cardinal directions.

  15. #15
    Yeah, just face the boss twards your raid, Big Wigs tells you to go right or left now so it's pretty easy. It's really that simple. If you have the echo in the last phase tanked far enough away you should be able to continue this pattern too.. not sure why people are saying it gets more complicated at that point... It only gets complicated if they don't run in the inner ring.

    Also the sonic pulses (the bubbles) just spawn like the rings do based on what direction they're spiraling out. Don't even understand how that gets confused with cardinal directions.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Celar View Post
    Bigwigs will tell you a warning wether to run left or right. Makes it 100% impossible for anyone to be confused in your raid.
    Yeah we have been calling out the direction to run and such, but the problem is sometimes when the boss was faced away from us we would run into a lane that had the slow moving green bubbles basically just sitting in it and making it impossible to get through without immense weaving to get to another lane.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiuri View Post
    The only thing that matters is where the boss is facing. I don't know why people are giving complicated answers to a non complicated question. It's as simple as that.
    For the discs, yes, on both normal and heroic.

    For the bubbles, they most certainly do not spawn relative to boss position or the direction he is facing.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiuri View Post
    Yeah, just face the boss twards your raid, Big Wigs tells you to go right or left now so it's pretty easy. It's really that simple. If you have the echo in the last phase tanked far enough away you should be able to continue this pattern too.. not sure why people are saying it gets more complicated at that point... It only gets complicated if they don't run in the inner ring.

    Also the sonic pulses (the bubbles) just spawn like the rings do based on what direction they're spiraling out. Don't even understand how that gets confused with cardinal directions.
    We are tentatively planning on killing the ghost in p2 just to simplify the phase since the enrage allows it. Honestly from what i've seen unless you kill the boss within the first 3 Force and Verves, killing the ghost may be faster as you can just do normal rings and go back to dpsing. Leaving the ghost up seems to force the raid to dodge rings all over the room for an extended period of time, keeping the melee out of range of the boss etc. Just observations at this point, we havent gotten there yet, hoping to tonight.

  19. #19
    They do spawn relative to where the boss is. It just doesn't appear to be that way at first since they're a little delayed when they're spawning since they're slower than the rings speed. If you move immediately as the rings spawn when the boss is facing you, you'll never run into the bubbles since they're always spawning behind you... in a spiral, just like the rings... >.>

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiuri View Post
    They do spawn relative to where the boss is. It just doesn't appear to be that way at first since they're a little delayed when they're spawning since they're slower than the rings speed. If you move immediately as the rings spawn when the boss is facing you, you'll never run into the bubbles since they're always spawning behind you... in a spiral, just like the rings... >.>
    I suppose I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain I am not. You have killed this boss on heroic, correct? I would feel slightly more inclined to say I could be wrong if you have.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •