10+ Year Old Account

Our Disc Priest and Resto Shammy are killing me...

I don't have logs unfortunately, so I can't provide real evidence as to what's going on during our fights.

I've joined a new raid team and provide the support role of main spec healing, and off spec DPS in our 10-man raid team. As a healer, my item level is 483. Our other healers are in the upper 470s. They crush me on the meters and I'm wondering if there's more to it than they're able to shield incoming damage. I know the Disc Priest can put up shields, can the Shaman do the same? It feels like I'm idle during fights because there's nobody to heal and therefore my overall healing done and hps are lower than the others. I know I'm capable and my hps is solid when I'm able to stay busy, I'm just not busy very often with this new team. No one is complaining with my numbers, I'm just used to being at the top and it sucks not to be. We're progressing fine and my utility as a solid off spec DPS has my team very happy with me.

For reference, I'm playing the normal style of a Paladin, not the 4 piece PvP playstyle.

no logs so nto really worth spending anytime here...

are you guys wiping to lack of heals? Disc is op, sounds like the Shamy is just better. you have better gear and scoring lower numbers means he's probably a better healer in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalpwn View Post
    It feels like I'm idle during fights because there's nobody to heal and therefore my overall healing done and hps are lower than the others
    This is probably because they are just overhealing like crazy, have you looked at the overhealing done on Recount? Also, a lot of fights this tier (at least on normal) don't really need 3 heals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    This is probably because they are just overhealing like crazy, have you looked at the overhealing done on Recount? Also, a lot of fights this tier (at least on normal) don't really need 3 heals
    Very possible. I'll check (and likely collect logs) at raid on Monday. At this point, we only run 3 healers on Stone Guard and Feng in MSV (we're 4/6) and we're running 3 healers on Imperial Vizier Zor'lok (haven't downed him yet) as the enrage timer isn't an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please use the thread dedicated to helping increase healing.

Closing.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!