Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Essence of Terror proc info

Hey forum

So from what I've read on wowhead Essence of Terror has a 20 second proc duration on a 105 second cooldown, with a 15% chance to proc on harmful spell hits

What does the last bit mean? Only Haunt? Or everytime we refresh dots? Or every time we deal damage with a tick? .. Do any of you know, for a fact, how it procs?

I don't main a warlock, but I'm pretty sure DoT damage (each time it deals damage) counts as a spell HIT and has a chance to proc things that fall under that umbrella.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    Hey forum

So from what I've read on wowhead Essence of Terror has a 20 second proc duration on a 105 second cooldown, with a 15% chance to proc on harmful spell hits

What does the last bit mean? Only Haunt? Or everytime we refresh dots? Or every time we deal damage with a tick? .. Do any of you know, for a fact, how it procs?
    On anything. Haunt, MG, DoT ticks, Fel Flame...etc...Sometimes the lower proc chance can be really lame and not proc until 20s into the fight though. So take it for what it's worth.

Deleted
    On anything. Haunt, MG, DoT ticks, Fel Flame...etc...Sometimes the lower proc chance can be really lame and not proc until 20s into the fight though. So take it for what it's worth.
    Can't be worse than Light of the Cosmos (15% chance on tick damage) as a Destrolock. 15% chance on one DoT that ticks every 3 sec can take some time
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2012-12-12 at 04:28 PM.

90 sec icd btw, not 105.

Quote Originally Posted by Pire View Post
    90 sec icd btw, not 105.
    Do you have a source for this?
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    Source idd. Plox

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 09:38 PM ----------

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...pt-ii/#post261
    Blue post
    105 ICD. Get bent troll plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Can't be worse than Light of the Cosmos (15% chance on tick damage) as a Destrolock. 15% chance on one DoT that ticks every 3 sec can take some time

The Chaos Bolt change makes proccing this extremely easy.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 03:40 PM ----------

90 sec icd btw, not 105.

Completely false.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...pt-ii/#post261

^Confirmation from GHOSTCRAWLER that its 105 seconds ICD.

90 sec icd btw, not 105.
    It's definitely 105 ICD.

Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...pt-ii/#post261

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 08:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    It's pretty bad even as Aff :P

Deleted
    The Chaos Bolt change makes proccing this extremely easy.
    Ooooooh and here I was, wondering why it was quicker than before

Essence of Terror does not seem to proc on DoT ticks. Just tested. It will proc on the start of channels, when the DoT spell is first cast, DD spells. But never once did I get it to proc on a Drain Soul tick or an Agony tick, or a Rain of Fire tick.
    Last edited by Rustjive; 2012-12-12 at 09:40 PM.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Deleted
    well it does say every time a spell hit it has a chance to proc, and a spell can only hit once but can deal its dmg several times like a dot, so it wont proc on ticks, and it shouldnt proc on the chaos bolt ticks either, or atleast thats what my logic says.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    It's definitely 105 ICD.

Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...pt-ii/#post261

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 08:40 PM ----------

For destro it's bad. Afflic, it's up alot.

And spell hits are not dot ticks. Spell hits are casts.

If it's bad for you then you're doing it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    If it's bad for you then you're doing it wrong
    The procrate is just as bad is what I was saying. I love when it procs, but not when it doesn't proc until DS+DMC trinket procs are already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    I've just said that according to my extracd addon. However i misunderstood the icd, i think. 20 secs uptime, 85 secs cd, not even 90. So my bad, wasnt trolling anyone.

Deleted
    on that trinket, it isnt really the proc that is important, its actually the least important thing, its the 1k+ int on that makes it a good trink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    on that trinket, it isnt really the proc that is important, its actually the least important thing, its the 1k+ int on that makes it a good trink.
    aye 8000 haste is best ignored. wot? The proc does strike me as seriously unreliable, which I hate with a passion. Reminds me of that horrible Theralion's Mirror (name?).

The procrate is just as bad is what I was saying. I love when it procs, but not when it doesn't proc until DS+DMC trinket procs are already done.
    This never happens to me so I don't really understand the problem. If you know something is about to come off the ICD then you should keep channeling MG to make sure you proc as much as possible at the same time so you can refresh your dots with more procs. This is really basic but I don't get why someone playing Affliction would complain about proc rate. The only class I've heard complain about LotC before is mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    This never happens to me so I don't really understand the problem. If you know something is about to come off the ICD then you should keep channeling MG to make sure you proc as much as possible at the same time so you can refresh your dots with more procs. This is really basic but I don't get why someone playing Affliction would complain about proc rate. The only class I've heard complain about LotC before is mages.
    I've never complained about it and you saying that I'm not attempting to proc it with MG/anything is ridiculous. Clearly I'm spamming MG - it's a 15% chance to proc - there is a chance where it won't proc until DMC is over or DS is over. Grats to you if it's never happened to you, but I can guarantee you it's happened to me before.