Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    I've never complained about it and you saying that I'm not attempting to proc it with MG/anything is ridiculous. Clearly I'm spamming MG - it's a 15% chance to proc - there is a chance where it won't proc until DMC is over or DS is over. Grats to you if it's never happened to you, but I can guarantee you it's happened to me before.
    Quite sure MG is considered a "dot" in those terms aswell, so you have 3 dots + MG rolling on the target. Might just be me, but it procs EVERY opener for me, without a hazzle.

    Prepot -> DS -> CoE -> SB-SS-> MG, and around 0-2 ticks I see the proc, normally.

    To be honest, I haven't tryed one encounter where it didn't proc in the first 5 seconds of interaction, and it seems very unlikely of it doing so (Not proc'ing)
    Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l%C3%A8/simple
    Old Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Needle/simple
    LFR Hero/Alt: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...astasya/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    aye 8000 haste is best ignored. wot? The proc does strike me as seriously unreliable, which I hate with a passion. Reminds me of that horrible Theralion's Mirror (name?).
    afaik its only 7kish haste which is ofc a lot, but the 1k int makes it kewl.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    afaik its only 7kish haste which is ofc a lot, but the 1k int makes it kewl.
    8kish, http://www.wowhead.com/item=87175
    And 1300int

    Ofc normal version has only 7kish... but who wants it anyway when there's heroic someday...
    Jokkepappa of Depraved
    EU - Twilight's Hammer
    WoWProgress

  4. #24
    well that is provided that you get to kill him on hc b4 the next raid content goes live^^

    besides, its the int on it that makes it superior, the ilvl 509 version atleast, to relic of yu'lon and light of the cosmos hc. the procs on relic and light of the cosmos are actually superior to those on the essense of terror when it comes to value(taking scale factors into account), atleast for afflic at around 495 ilvl.(provided ofc that what this link says is correct http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...tion-trinkets/) the uptime of essense of terror is rather questionable, afaik it only has an uptime of about 20% which is very low compared to relic and LotC which have a 30% and 43% respectively.
    Last edited by almara2512; 2012-12-14 at 12:36 PM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Quite sure MG is considered a "dot" in those terms aswell, so you have 3 dots + MG rolling on the target. Might just be me, but it procs EVERY opener for me, without a hazzle.

    Prepot -> DS -> CoE -> SB-SS-> MG, and around 0-2 ticks I see the proc, normally.

    To be honest, I haven't tryed one encounter where it didn't proc in the first 5 seconds of interaction, and it seems very unlikely of it doing so (Not proc'ing)
    Why is everyone so terrible with affl opener? SRS 1 sec on countdown prepot>UA(as countdown ends) agony>MG filler for about 3 seconds(will get all procs up) THEN pop DS and SB;soulswap. This way you dont waste a extra shard and uses less gcds then putting all dots back up when everything procs.

    Oh and btw light of the cosmos always procs in first couple seconds, i have NEVER had it not proc in till dmc proc fell off.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiright View Post
    Oh and btw light of the cosmos always procs in first couple seconds, i have NEVER had it not proc in till dmc proc fell off.
    Good thing this thread is about LotC and not EoT. /eyeroll

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiright View Post
    Why is everyone so terrible with affl opener? SRS 1 sec on countdown prepot>UA(as countdown ends) agony>MG filler for about 3 seconds(will get all procs up) THEN pop DS and SB;soulswap. This way you dont waste a extra shard and uses less gcds then putting all dots back up when everything procs.
    Your opener is wrong. You precast UA thinking that you get to get some free cast time before the pull, when in fact you are looking at it wrong. You might ENTER COMBAT when the boss is pulled, but your personal fight begins during your pre-pot. As soon as you pre-pot, every action you take is taking up active time on the potion. Not putting up Corruption during your opener unlike every other Warlock is just a plain DPS loss. You might save a shard by applying Agony/UA manually, but you lose 2-3 ticks of possible Shadow Trance, and then you lose ticks of the Agony you manual cast when you SB:SS so soon afterwards.

    In addition, Shards being 'wasted' is just...whatever. You only need enough Shards to Haunt until your initial buffed DoTs get replaced - because you are pooling Shards for the next DS there is a good chance that any excess Shards you accumulate only go into Haunting weak, non-buffed DoTs. If the choice is 2 GCDs worth of MG on strong DoTs or a Haunt on weak ones, the choice is very clear.

    The opener that I use is this: Pre-pot, DS/BF, SB:SS to pull, Haunt, MG until 1.5s left on Haunt, Haunt, Fel Flame, MG until < 1s left on BF, SB:SS, MG, Haunt, etc. At my haste levels I almost always have enough shards to have Haunt-perma during my buffed Agony.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    Your opener is wrong. You precast UA thinking that you get to get some free cast time before the pull, when in fact you are looking at it wrong. You might ENTER COMBAT when the boss is pulled, but your personal fight begins during your pre-pot. As soon as you pre-pot, every action you take is taking up active time on the potion. Not putting up Corruption during your opener unlike every other Warlock is just a plain DPS loss. You might save a shard by applying Agony/UA manually, but you lose 2-3 ticks of possible Shadow Trance, and then you lose ticks of the Agony you manual cast when you SB:SS so soon afterwards.

    In addition, Shards being 'wasted' is just...whatever. You only need enough Shards to Haunt until your initial buffed DoTs get replaced - because you are pooling Shards for the next DS there is a good chance that any excess Shards you accumulate only go into Haunting weak, non-buffed DoTs. If the choice is 2 GCDs worth of MG on strong DoTs or a Haunt on weak ones, the choice is very clear.

    The opener that I use is this: Pre-pot, DS/BF, SB:SS to pull, Haunt, MG until 1.5s left on Haunt, Haunt, Fel Flame, MG until < 1s left on BF, SB:SS, MG, Haunt, etc. At my haste levels I almost always have enough shards to have Haunt-perma during my buffed Agony.
    So i you're telling me instead of wasting 2 seconds of a pot, its better to waste 4-5 seconds of unbuffed dots(DMC,LoC,JS,LW), thats over 10k int i won't have on my dots, till i hit fel flame and fel flame only refeshes UA and cor, leaving your strongest dot unbuffed intill your BF is about to fall of? IMO its better to get those 2 dots(UA,agony) up to get everything proc'd and agony to 10stacks or close to it., then sb:sw, then having a extra 5% to get a extra shard.
    Last edited by Amiright; 2012-12-14 at 07:54 PM.

  9. #29
    DoT strength not as important as saving GCDs. I mean, whether to early refresh Agony is debatable - it is weak when not fully stacked so whatever. I spend 3 GCDs throughout my entire opener to put up and refresh DoTs, you are spending 3 GCDs with in the first 6 seconds to do so, and you lose 6s or whatever of Corruption time.
    Last edited by Rustjive; 2012-12-14 at 08:04 PM.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    DoT strength not as important as saving GCDs. I mean, whether to early refresh Agony is debatable - it is weak when not fully stacked so whatever. I spend 3 GCDs throughout my entire opener to put up and refresh DoTs, you are spending 3 GCDs with in the first 6 seconds to do so, and you lose 6s or whatever of Corruption time.
    I don't see how dot strength is not as important, with all those procs up my dot damage is almost doubled.

  11. #31
    Doubled from no pot no DS DoTs, maybe. You traded 40% of 8 seconds of Agony for 6 seconds of Corruption and 2 GCDs...

    You should double-check how strong Agony is in relation to your other DoTs, by the way.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

  12. #32
    SB -> Prepot/DS -> Start Haunt [email protected] til pull* -> SS -> MGx1-2 (trinkets and things proc) -> SB:SS -> continue on with day

    Grats now you know the good opener for Afflicition, you're welcome.

    *Reason you Haunt during countdown is so it lands when tank pulls and when the SB:SS applies at the same time.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    SB -> Prepot/DS -> Start Haunt [email protected] til pull* -> SS -> MGx1-2 (trinkets and things proc) -> SB:SS -> continue on with day

    Grats now you know the good opener for Afflicition, you're welcome.

    *Reason you Haunt during countdown is so it lands when tank pulls and when the SB:SS applies at the same time.
    You know fel flame refreshes dots and updates procs.
    http://i5.minus.com/iT9gBOC94PbmU.jpg
    NON SINE DIIS ANIMOSUS INFANS
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You know fel flame refreshes dots and updates procs.
    1 GCD to refresh 3 dots or 2 GCD to refresh 3 dots - which you think is gonna be better?

  15. #35
    Mechagnome Sweetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    on Sylvanas
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    SB -> Prepot/DS -> Start Haunt [email protected] til pull* -> SS -> MGx1-2 (trinkets and things proc) -> SB:SS -> continue on with day

    Grats now you know the good opener for Afflicition, you're welcome.

    *Reason you Haunt during countdown is so it lands when tank pulls and when the SB:SS applies at the same time.
    For the record, I agree with this one.

    But this is all very off topic!

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    1 GCD to refresh 3 dots or 2 GCD to refresh 3 dots - which you think is gonna be better?
    That's some messed up logic and I hope you're aware of it.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    That's some messed up logic and I hope you're aware of it.
    1 SB:SS > 1 Fel Flame extending UA/Corr by 6s + hardcasting Agony then having to recast UA/Corr. The Fel Flame extension would not be a longer dot than a reapplied set of dots through SS. Not really anything messed up with logic there.

  18. #38
    Yes it is messed up because it's both situational and missing a lot of factors for one being able to compare the two like that.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Yes it is messed up because it's both situational and missing a lot of factors for one being able to compare the two like that.
    What missing factors? What situation?
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    What missing factors? What situation?
    There's 0 situations on a pull that I have encountered on any boss that would stop me from doing that opening rotation. Not a single fight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •