Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Your points are the compilation of reasons that i quit the game. Voice acting rofl.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I think that voice acting and story as well as crafting work well has indeed been pointed out numerous times. But as with every other game, people usually like to point out the bads rather than the goods....at least on MMO C it feels like that....
    Age old reason is of course, because people who aren't focussing on the negatives are busy playing the game, not bitching about it on a forum. That's pretty much a universal truth regarding games and forums, not just SWTOR or MMO-C.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post
    I agree with EVERYTHING you have said. The only thing i dislike is being unable to run crafting myself. I mean, why can't I create items from biochem? Just kinda wierd to me, but not a deal breaker.
    That was a problem that I had too. Sometimes you need something you didn't think you would need and having to wait 20 minutes for it was annoying. Would have been nice to have the option to craft it yourself at the crafting stations they had during beta and then, inexplicably, made useless at launch.

Only thing I can add is that PvP is relatively balanced and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Ok, Ill agree with your point. But in my defense I consider it irrelevant since those "successful mechanics" weren't really all that successful if the game had to go F2P within the first year right?
    That comment is the definition of "Can't see the forest for the trees".

1- The leveling experience via quests and dungeons.

2- Player races and how they were designed to look and their customization options.

3- Not introducing an arena/rated bg system which they tie the entire pvp reward system in the game to and force people to do it to get geared like in WoW.

4- Not having race specific abilities that drastically change what you bring to combat situations, thus allowing you to choose your race based on aesthetics, lore and feel of the character.

5- Companions

6- Ship and it's associated mechanics

7- Space combat

8- Class story

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    You could have a game that is filled with successful mechanics and one or two really bad mechanics that ruin the game as a whole. (bad apple effect)
    Or some of the best mechanics ever created and a game that's just terrible. See Tera for a prime example. Combat really was revolutionary and fun, most amazing graphics I've ever seen, worst MMO I've ever played.

Good features and a bad game are not mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Or some of the best mechanics ever created and a game that's just terrible. See Tera for a prime example. Combat really was revolutionary and fun, most amazing graphics I've ever seen, worst MMO I've ever played.

I agree with this.

I think there are a lot of things to like about SWTOR. However, I was particularly impressed with how many people they were able to get to play the evil faction. In most games, you are lucky to get 1/3 of the population to play the evil side. BW did such a good job with the empire though that it's actually the preferred faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I think there are a lot of things to like about SWTOR. However, I was particularly impressed with how many people they were able to get to play the evil faction. In most games, you are lucky to get 1/3 of the population to play the evil side. BW did such a good job with the empire though that it's actually the preferred faction.
    Don't know that I agree that BW did anything to promote the evil faction. I think Lucas did a great job making Darth Maul, Vader, Boba Fett, and Emperor Palpatine Badass. In the same light they made the jedi feel far less impressive with the first three movies.

Companions could have been better IMO.

Companions could have been more like KOTOR companions. Some converstations with SWTOR companions were way to short.

Also you should at least be able to get into a regular if not cyclical conversation every time you talk to them.

I hate how once you are done with a companions conversations they just make a quick comment and that's it forever. Some of these companions your character gets married to and you never have a convo with them again.

It's especially annoying that some companions got a lot more work then others. I don't mean how some like Kira being more central to the plot but how some like Bowdaar go on and on about the same thing over and over again ("Hey FYI being a slave sucked") and have no quests related to them.

Companions could have been done a lot more complete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Some of these companions your character gets married to and you never have a convo with them again.
    Is that the way it is in real life?

I wish the companions were of more use at max level actually. I also think legacy should of been done later in the game not so close to launch.

I agree with the op on most of the stuff except a few things:

Voice Acting- I wish itwas also tied to body type/race or there were 2 voices for each gender/class combo, one for your character, and another for every other persons of that gender/class.
    It gets so annoying when I'm in a group and a little puny human or something else uses my big buff lvl 3 body(the greek god body type) Zabrak bounty hunters voice.

Crafting- you should be able to reverse engineer all items of your crafting type with a chance to get plans to create that item(ex. artifact items from loot boxes), and I really wish you could craft gear with mods already in it considering how useless non modable gear is at 50.

Legacy- should be able to unlock multiple surnames. When I first heard about the legacy system I specifically rolled my empire toons on a different server so I could have 2 legacy names which unfortunately both got rolled into the same server when they merged so now 75% of my toons have their legacy hidden, when 40% of them had it hidden when I had 2 legacies.

HUTBALL! best thing in swtor D

Combat in Tera is boring. Honestly it's the most boring combat I've played in an mmo ever. I played a slayer and couldn't even hit lvl cap it was so boring.

As for swtor it did do alot right but it did a bunch of things wrong and some of those were out of the developers hands unfortunately. It's hard to see how any mmo will be able to do enough right to remain competitive with the 600 pound gorilla assuming that's what you classify as success. On the whole swtor was a good game it just suffered from being rushed and a saturated market where you really have no time to flush your game out and make it awesome.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-12-12 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Story and Voice Acting: BioWare's true talents shone in SW:TOR. I haven't finished my Sith Marauder (though I did cancel my sub because I don't have time for two MMOs atm) but the story so far and the questing has been enjoyable. As usual, BW's voice actors are talented.

Difficulty: I liked having to face "bosses" during class quests. They weren't too difficult but you did sometimes have to work a bit to kill them. It's not like WoW where every quest mob is so easy a monkey can do it.

Legacy was a great way to encourage people to make alts (and then they cockblock the F2P players with a limitation of two characters lol)
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Combat in Tera is boring. Honestly it's the most boring combat I've played in an mmo ever. I played a slayer and couldn't even hit lvl cap it was so boring.
    Obviously opinions differ, but the reason you didn't hit level cap has nothing to do with just the combat. The gameplay is more than combat. I hate to break it to you, but being able to stand still and smash numbers on a keyboard with your eyes closed is not exciting combat. I love hotkey mmos, but those are boring. You don't have to react or do anything differently pretty much ever.

General consensus is to disagree with you, which is fine for your sake, but doesn't hold up in the big picture.

SWTOR took the same hotkey format, but made sure that leveling you experienced more than 1v1 you and a mob until you hit 50. Regrettably they didn't vary the experience enough, but the multiple difficulty levels of packs does ensure that you approach each battle with a different strategy. You use those few strategies over and over, but you ge the point.

Obviously opinions differ, but the reason you didn't hit level cap has nothing to do with just the combat. The gameplay is more than combat. I hate to break it to you, but being able to stand still and smash numbers on a keyboard with your eyes closed is not exciting combat. I love hotkey mmos, but those are boring. You don't have to react or do anything differently pretty much ever.

General consensus is to disagree with you, which is fine for your sake, but doesn't hold up in the big picture.

SWTOR took the same hotkey format, but made sure that leveling you experienced more than 1v1 you and a mob until you hit 50. Regrettably they didn't vary the experience enough, but the multiple difficulty levels of packs does ensure that you approach each battle with a different strategy. You use those few strategies over and over, but you ge the point.
    Me hitting level had everything to do with the combat which was lackluster in the extreme. Christ dude you could map it to controller. It was so simple and I kept wanting MORE to do. More to press. More to engage myself in. As it was all I had on my slayer was when I get knocked down time getting back up with the spin attack and if you timed overhand swing properly it went faster. Those were the two reaction things I had and then like 3 or 4 attacks. It was so boring and I kept looking for some new ability to use. It felt like it was trying to be a fighting game but lacked any depth or diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Christ dude you could map it to controller.
    Erm, you can map keybinds from almost any MMO on a controller...

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Erm, you can map keybinds from almost any MMO on a controller...
    Really? Like it was built in functionality in the game? Swtor wow and Rift don't do that as far as I'm aware. In fact I'd be hard pressed to do it in swtor on my Jedi Knight. He has a case of ability bloat.