Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

  2. #2
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    25,791
    This happens more than people think. If you're starving, cold, and out on the street...just commit a crime and intentionally get caught. You'll get food and a warm place to stay for free.

    No I am not advocating violence. But if I were homeless, I would have to say the thought would cross my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Both of those links don't provide any evidence. They make unsubstantiated statements

  3. #3
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,730
    I heard a similar thing, a dude in the USA robbed a bank for only $1 just so he could go to jail and get the medical treatment he needed. Such a sad story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

  4. #4
    Elemental Lord Manakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cambridge!
    Posts
    8,845
    I will never understand why americans refuse to have a free healthcare system with the option to go private... Perhaps due to many issues but the managing of it would be immense at the very least.

    As for the man... It's just tragic for him for sure, if i was in his position im not sure i wouldnt think of doing it

  5. #5
    More leftist propaganda by democrats and liberals looking for free handouts. This man could work and get insurance instead of having to go to jail on PURPOSE just to get healthcare. Now his costs are going to be picked up by the state, along with the cost to keep him jailed for his crimes. Did they give him a free cellphone also?

    HEY GUYS!! LETS GIVE FREE HAND OUTS FOR ANYTHING!! SCREW HAVING TO WORK!!!

  6. #6
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    More leftist propaganda by democrats and liberals looking for free handouts. This man could work and get insurance instead of having to go to jail on PURPOSE just to get healthcare. Now his costs are going to be picked up by the state, along with the cost to keep him jailed for his crimes.
    Why don't you give him a job and benefits? It's as easy as you say right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

  7. #7
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    25,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I will never understand why americans refuse to have a free healthcare system with the option to go private... Perhaps due to many issues but the managing of it would be immense at the very least.

    As for the man... It's just tragic for him for sure, if i was in his position im not sure i wouldnt think of doing it
    1) There's no such thing as free healthcare.
    2) If everyone gets it, everyone needs to contribute to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Both of those links don't provide any evidence. They make unsubstantiated statements

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Roose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    4,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    More leftist propaganda by democrats and liberals looking for free handouts. This man could work and get insurance instead of having to go to jail on PURPOSE just to get healthcare. Now his costs are going to be picked up by the state, along with the cost to keep him jailed for his crimes. Did they give him a free cellphone also?
    Reading is hard, I know, but if you do it every now and then you will be much better off. I am not going to read it for you. You have the right to remain ignorant.

    Look at Walmart and see if they cover anyone. Then others follow suit. We will be in a society where nobody works full time. Just because you work does not mean you get shit.

  9. #9
    Pandaren Monk Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    1,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    More leftist propaganda by democrats and liberals looking for free handouts. This man could work and get insurance instead of having to go to jail on PURPOSE just to get healthcare. Now his costs are going to be picked up by the state, along with the cost to keep him jailed for his crimes. Did they give him a free cellphone also?

    HEY GUYS!! LETS GIVE FREE HAND OUTS FOR ANYTHING!! SCREW HAVING TO WORK!!!
    Glad to see you actually read the story and you're not just another person with access to the internet to voice their 1% loving, money > people opinion. Appalling to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    I'm a prostitute. Men like to tell me secrets. And women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Also....my condolences to whoever is Lora's lover. You got matched up with a madman, regardless of his alignment.

  10. #10
    I am Murloc! Anjerith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The apotheosis of all Deserts
    Posts
    5,031
    Speaking as someone with a permanent health condition that will eventually kill me, I can say that *at present* I'd take steps to not have to rely on prison healthcare.

    That said, to each their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans tommypilgrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    2,503
    Utterly sad. Giving up freedom for healthcare.
    Did you like the above post? How about sending me a dollar? I'd have adverts here but apparently that'd break ToS.

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    hAntwearpen
    Posts
    1,135
    I wanted to make a witty post about socialism and "freedom" but I guess this will have to do

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 05:48 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Utterly sad. Giving up freedom for healthcare.
    Like socialism!
    thx tommy!

    -edit- warning, may contain a certain amount of irony
    Last edited by RüneRS; 2012-12-11 at 05:04 PM.
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Istaril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland. Freedom and So on.
    Posts
    3,250
    Like socialism!
    thx tommy!
    You poor, poor person. Oh well, I don't suppose all of us can have a proper education.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I will never understand why americans refuse to have a free healthcare system with the option to go private... Perhaps due to many issues but the managing of it would be immense at the very least.

    As for the man... It's just tragic for him for sure, if i was in his position im not sure i wouldnt think of doing it
    Recently, I read a pretty cogent argument on the internet (shocker) that went something like "our healthcare should not be held hostage by corporations", and it made me think the US should just go all the way to single payer.

    Some folks forget that the cold war was fought against communism. Some folks forget that restricted socialism works for lots of people - and those people enjoy securities that many Americans don't enjoy. But a lot of Americans are conditioned to just reject that sort of thing outright - without giving it any consideration.

    I'm sure you've reactionaries in your country, too.

  15. #15
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    hAntwearpen
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    You poor, poor person. Oh well, I don't suppose all of us can have a proper education.
    I live in a social country and I love it, maybe I should have pointed that out
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

  16. #16
    Epic! Duravian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Franpsycho, CA
    Posts
    1,691
    If we're gonna spend all this money on healthcare, let's take some of it from prisons, where the "bad people" are, and start spending it on the free world.
    "The Thread Ender" - No seriously, whenever I enter a thread, people stop talking. Wtf guys, is it something I said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Cho has been the most epic character in WoW to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Every modern Blizzard game has a forum on MMO-Champion. This is primarily a World of Warcraft and associated Blizzard games website and forum.
    ...Except for Starcraft II and Hearthstone.

  17. #17
    The Insane Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,963
    Universal healthcare - get on it already...

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer Istaril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland. Freedom and So on.
    Posts
    3,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    If we're gonna spend all this money on healthcare, let's take some of it from prisons, where the "bad people" are, and start spending it on the free world.
    Or just drastically reduce the number of people in prison by dropping all these stupid drug related charges.

  19. #19
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Or just drastically reduce the number of people in prison by dropping all these stupid drug related charges.
    And drop that stupid 3 strike system, it really is bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

  20. #20
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Universal healthcare - get on it already...
    When it's tied to Obama, and a portion of America believes that Obama is trying to ruin America, I have doubts that it's going to happen anytime soon.

    And my experience of this comes from family members, unfortunately.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •