View Poll Results: Do you think Blizzard listens to feedback anymore?

Voters
316. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    218 68.99%
  • no

    98 31.01%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #181
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    12,150
    Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    I'm not sure that I see much difference between these two positions. Can you elaborate?
    People continue to whine about issues that Blizzard has already addressed, is in the process of working on, or has already said 'no' to. I don't think because they choose to delete for eleventy zillionth thread bitching about CRZ that one can extrapolate that to mean they have ignored feedback on the feature.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    They "listen" to feedback they were going to change anyways. It doesnt take a rocket science to see some of these things were just bad ideas.

    I no longer play wow, was speaking from a d3 perspective since the title was blizzard and not ghostcrawler/dev team.
    The receptiveness of the dev / CM team to suggestions in D3 is light years ahead of what's seen in wow. It's weird. Half the time it's the same CMs. It's like they step into the WoW forums and don their jackass persona and then walk over to D3 and roll a blunt.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Please give one alternative on how you'd progress the story then, without doing it the 4.1 way where you could be done with the whole storyline for the patch in 20 minutes.

    And they did listen. Instead of having up to 40+ dailies each day, you only have 5 now.
    I actually like how the new area handles dailies, with the story quest every few days. but the other areas arent that notable.

    i'm a little disappointed as I hoped for new dungeons in 5.1 but idk, guess thats being saved for 5.2.

  4. #184
    Just kinda flabbergasted how some people are calling CRZ seamless, odd blue twing (what is this quantum leap?) rubberbanding, the fact you can't see someone 2 inches away across a invisible zone line, might as well just put in a loading please wait screen (give me a nice EQ old feel).. now screwed up the cool-downs and resets 6AM EST kinda sucks and my dam 2 person rocket is still dropping people.

  5. #185
    Herald of the Titans RoKPaNda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    They take maps the community likes, take a nice blue shit on them, and then add them to the map pool. I don't see how that's a good thing, or qualifies as them listening to feedback. I feel like it's introduces more negativity than anything.

    But you (and others) with a cursory glance, think "Hey, Blizzard did what you asked, good for them!" ... no.
    Kind of like what you did with my post? I gave you examples from each current game that demonstrate that Blizzard is listening and responding to community feedback, and in some cases better than they ever have. Oh no, they made the third expansion's minerals standard on one of the community maps, and they added rocks to the third on another! That totally ruined those maps! Except not really, they just made them fit the ladder map standards. They were still community made maps that made it into the ladder pool.

    There is so much MORE back and forth communication between Blizzard and the community now that it's crazy. Blizzard's communication used to suck, now it's better, now people act like it's worse? Makes no sense. They used to make broad sweeping changes and never communicate why they made those changes. Anyone that played Brood War or WC3 could tell you that. Even the first several patches of Vanilla WoW.

  6. #186
    People have complained about reflect damages inconsistencies in d3, 4 months later they decided to fix it. Are they just slow readers?

  7. #187
    The only feedback they listen to is your $15 dollars a month!

  8. #188
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    17,051
    based on all of MOP

    yes they do

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Happy Hunting! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    based on all of MOP

    yes they do
    MoP is case of them misinterpreting feedback. We want more to do means meant that we wanted more end game content not more dailies.

  10. #190
    I am Murloc! ringpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States of Fear
    Posts
    5,092
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    MoP is case of them misinterpreting feedback. We want more to do means meant that we wanted more end game content not more dailies.
    Given that Blizzard considers running the same raid three times to be three times as much content, we should have known what we'd be getting.

  11. #191
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    I actually like how the new area handles dailies, with the story quest every few days. but the other areas arent that notable.

    i'm a little disappointed as I hoped for new dungeons in 5.1 but idk, guess thats being saved for 5.2.
    That's exactly it. They do listen to feedback. They realized they went overboard with how things were done in 5.0, so they rectified that mistake with the 5.1 hub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Given that Blizzard considers running the same raid three times to be three times as much content, we should have known what we'd be getting.
    That's actually what bugs me most. I guess I didn't pay enough attention to mists but I figured they'd just continue the whole getting gear from grinding dungeons scheme because as much as I followed discussion on the forums and in the game NOBODY or next to nobody at any rate said to blizzard "hey blizzard give us more daily quests and make sure valor gear is behind it". Who was asking for more daily quests?

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    E.G. What do you mean with SC2-community made maps.
    Is that something good, or bad? What does this have to do with blizzard?
    That's your typical fanboy right thurr. Because you asked, I'll go ahead and let you know, STARCRAFT 2 is a BLIZZARD game. Since the thread was about BLIZZARD, it's relevant - they don't listen to feedback over there either. WoW is NOT the only Blizzard game.

    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Not offending you personally, but still you have seen so many suggestions on the forum that YOU thought were good. As long as you are not bizzard staff or got magically enlightened about all the game aspects you are in no way able to really estimate if a proposal is good or not.
    "Only Blizzard can tell if a suggestion is good or not." Right.

    I think there's really only 3 types of people for threads like this one.

    1) Fanboy. I'm going to agree with/defend Blizzard no matter what. Blizzard can do no wrong. Likes to parrot off blue responses like they're gospel.

    2) Haters. I'm going to disagree with/hate everything that Blizzard does out of principal. Usually won't have active subscription for WoW.

    3) Everybody else. Agree/disagree with things that make logical sense to them. I would say in a thread like this, these are the only posters that actually have anything to say, about anything. The other two types are just going to rehash the same things, and will never change.

    PS - You're a fanboy.

    Infracted. Please don't insult other forum posters.
    Last edited by Rivelle; 2012-12-15 at 04:15 PM.

  14. #194
    I am Murloc! ringpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States of Fear
    Posts
    5,092
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    That's actually what bugs me most. I guess I didn't pay enough attention to mists but I figured they'd just continue the whole getting gear from grinding dungeons scheme because as much as I followed discussion on the forums and in the game NOBODY or next to nobody at any rate said to blizzard "hey blizzard give us more daily quests and make sure valor gear is behind it". Who was asking for more daily quests?
    I'm just speculatiing, but maybe the Molten Front wasn't subject to the same level of hate that Dragon Soul (and apparently Firelands) got, so they considered it a "success"? Personally, I did Molten Front for the title/achieves and a piece of gear or two then never set foot in it again, but others may have treated it differently. It was more fun for me than a lot of Cataclysm had been up to that point, but that's damning with faint praise.

  15. #195
    Field Marshal Archypew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    82
    ofc they listen.
    you can see wow progressing to casual.
    thats because there are more casuals then hardcore players ofc.
    casuals = money
    i would say they listen 70% to casuals / 30% to hardcore players.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I'm just speculatiing, but maybe the Molten Front wasn't subject to the same level of hate that Dragon Soul (and apparently Firelands) got, so they considered it a "success"? Personally, I did Molten Front for the title/achieves and a piece of gear or two then never set foot in it again, but others may have treated it differently. It was more fun for me than a lot of Cataclysm had been up to that point, but that's damning with faint praise.
    I did it on one toon I think and that was really pushing myself. It was actually the least interesting part of cataclysm and the point where I left the game for the longest period. Daily quests are so tired and lazy. They are BORING. I don't know else to put it. They're aren't rewarding enough to make them fun, they are entirely to easy, they don't promote group play, their immersive value story wise is gone after I do the quest once, in short they are the cheapest easiest and laziest content Blizzard can shovel your way. With the molten front I left because it really felt like the developers were BORED of making this game and I was bored of playing it just the same. With mists it feels like the exact same thing. The developers are BORED of making this game and they lack any inspiration or creativity.

  17. #197
    Cinder Kitten upgrade.
    Pure proof just from this month, that they listen.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

  18. #198
    Certainly. They always have. They simply choose which feedback they feel is necessary/would be beneficial to act upon, and which they feel is, while helpful to understand their customers, something they don't wish to change.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I did it on one toon I think and that was really pushing myself. It was actually the least interesting part of cataclysm and the point where I left the game for the longest period. Daily quests are so tired and lazy. They are BORING. I don't know else to put it. They're aren't rewarding enough to make them fun, they are entirely to easy, they don't promote group play, their immersive value story wise is gone after I do the quest once, in short they are the cheapest easiest and laziest content Blizzard can shovel your way. With the molten front I left because it really felt like the developers were BORED of making this game and I was bored of playing it just the same. With mists it feels like the exact same thing. The developers are BORED of making this game and they lack any inspiration or creativity.
    Sounds to me like you're bored of MMOs.

    I still can't understand why after all that complaining about WoW and Diablo3 I saw you do months ago you still bought MoP. You were bored of Cata. You hated D3. But you still bought MoP and now you're bored of MoP. I can't imagine Blizzard doing anything to appease you at this point, but I have a feeling you're going to buy the next expansion anyway and then complain about it on the forums, too.
    Last edited by SamR; 2012-12-13 at 06:49 PM.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I did it on one toon I think and that was really pushing myself. It was actually the least interesting part of cataclysm and the point where I left the game for the longest period. Daily quests are so tired and lazy. They are BORING. I don't know else to put it. They're aren't rewarding enough to make them fun, they are entirely to easy, they don't promote group play, their immersive value story wise is gone after I do the quest once, in short they are the cheapest easiest and laziest content Blizzard can shovel your way. With the molten front I left because it really felt like the developers were BORED of making this game and I was bored of playing it just the same. With mists it feels like the exact same thing. The developers are BORED of making this game and they lack any inspiration or creativity.
    That may be your opinion. However, I thought the MF dailies were actually really well done, and had a blast with them. I've never liked any dailies during any previous expansion (NOTE - I have not done any amount of dailies in MoP yet since they are not needed for my playstyle - raiding. So I have no comment on the quality of MoP dailies). MF was the only time I really had fun doing them. And there was a ton of positive feedback from the community on those dailies.

    It all comes down to subjective opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •