Poll: Do you think Blizzard listens to feedback anymore?

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you think Blizzard listens to feedback anymore?

This was posted on the wow forums and deleted within 5 min from the mods but not the less I wanted to see what you guys think.

Huge uproar over CRZ but they have done very little to fix it.

Huge uproar over dailies and they say "Future patches will keep the number of daily quests added more reasonable, similar to the amount added in Patch 5.1."

Huge uproar about bots but nothing done

Huge uproar about the state of pvp but well pvp is always been messed up moving along

Uproar over server population issues and faction inbalance.

SC2 COMMUNITY-MADE maps,

WC3 Feeddback

D3 Feedback

Did I miss any?

Do they even listen to feedback anymore?

keep it constructive and civil
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2012-12-12 at 07:14 PM.

There's always, ALWAYS a "huge uproar" about anything Blizz does, usually from people who either don't entirely understand the thing they're complaining about, or refuse to acknowledge that most players are perfectly okay with the current state of affairs. Whenever people complain that they don't listen to feedback it mostly means "they don't listen to ME ME ME".

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofcourse they do, but they can't do everything the community wants, Or else WoW would be ruined, they need to do their touch and if everybody keeps nicely telling blizzard what to fix then they will, but if you spam forum with rage they probably won't change it as fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    The people that complain want everything their way and think a flip of a switch fixes all the little problems listed there. It takes time, effort and good implementation. You can't just go "hey everyone, we fixed this because you told us to do it". If Blizzard is doing something they are doing it right.

Same with updated character models, they can't screw it up so they are taking their time.

Apparently they listen to the Asian realms, noting the lockout changes.
    I think they probably take player feedback on forums with a grain of salt as they should. But at times they downplay the feedback too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornlix View Post
    Ofcourse they do, but they can't do everything the community wants, Or else WoW would be ruined, they need to do their touch and if everybody keeps nicely telling blizzard what to fix then they will, but if you spam forum with rage they probably won't change it as fast.
    exactly, Let blizzard do their touch, and don't think everything goes your way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Do you even know how Blizzard goes about dealing with cheaters and bots? They watch and learn, then they fix, and then they ban them all in one wave. It is how it has always been, no reason why it should change now. They will ban them in due time when they're certain the loopholes have been plugged. Sure, it's annoying to have the cheating scum running around, but I'd rather have Blizzard do their job properly than rush something through.

As for CRZ, you might as well get used to the fact there probably won't be a lot of games in the future with the "classic" definition of servers. It's the perfect solution for MMOs where the population is in constant flux. If there's too many people somewhere, they simply get split up in several phases to avoid overload. If there's too few, it simply merges phases to bring the playercount to a reasonable number. I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the last iteration of it in WoW yet, and I'll be damned if Titan isn't completely based off of this tech.

PVP is PVP. While sometimes it's more unbalanced than others, it'll never be perfectly balanced at any point in time. It's simply humanly impossible with 34 different specs in the game.

And yes, they do listen to feedback. In fact, most things you see in the game have been requested heavily by the community in some form or another over the years. It's a 10+ million player game. Even if you and your peers don't want something, 9 million other people could still want it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, Blizzard doesn't listen when it matters, and when they finally do, it is useally backfire, which it almost always has.

I am not a big fan of Blizzard myself, and i quit WoW more than a month ago. But seriously there is always a "huge uproar" about something. And lets be honest if WoW was run by the forum lurkers it would have shut down long ago. Less than 1/10 of the people playing WoW ever visits the forums, maybe because they are fine with how the game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Furkel View Post
    There's always, ALWAYS a "huge uproar" about anything Blizz does, usually from people who either don't entirely understand the thing they're complaining about, or refuse to acknowledge that most players are perfectly okay with the current state of affairs. Whenever people complain that they don't listen to feedback it mostly means "they don't listen to ME ME ME".
    Furkel summed it up nicely.

They listen, but with such a diverse player base, they can't keep everyone happy.

There is always going to be someone unhappy with something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    This was posted on the wow forums and deleted within 5 min from the mods but not the less I wanted to see what you guys think.

This is mainly idiots who rolled on a pvp realm and weren't around in vanilla when world pvp was more prevalent then it was today because A.) The world was a lot smaller then and B.) No flying mounts. CRZ is one of the best things Blizzard have done it doesn't need fixing. To the people who QQ about getting ganked, get off the pvp server.

Huge uproar over dailies and they say "Future patches will keep the number of daily quests added more reasonable, similar to the amount added in Patch 5.1."

Huge uproar about bots but nothing done

Huge uproar about the state of pvp but well pvp is always been messed up moving along

Uproar over server population issues and faction inbalance.

Did I miss any?

keep it constructive and civil
    Yes they do read suggestions and feedback. All of those topics have been heavily discussed already and they have plenty of threads where you can add your feedback. Creating a new thread on any forum that already has an active discussion about the topic you want to discuss will likely get locked. I don't see the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    All of those topics have been heavily discussed already and they have plenty of threads where you can add your feedback. Creating a new thread on any forum that already has an active discussion about the topic you want to discuss will likely get locked.
    Thanks for your input but the thread is about if blizzard listens to feedback.

Honestly, I've seen some fantastic ideas from posters on the forums over the 8 years I've played this game. Sometimes they make perfect sense, and it's a problem Blizzard has already said they're "looking to fix, but not sure how yet."

From what I've seen, they seem to specifically stay away from suggestions that customers make for an 'original' spin-off they come up with themselves, which is almost always worse. It's confusing to me. It's not limited to WoW, at ALL - WC3, SC2 - not listening to community feedback is a pretty common theme. Best examples I have is for SC2 - community votes on COMMUNITY-MADE maps, (zero development costs from Blizzard) and Blizzard either doesn't put them in, or alters them for what seems to be no reason other than to throw their "Blizzard" stamp on it, which ultimately lowers the quality and pisses off the customers.

Thanks for your input but the thread is about if blizzard listens to feedback.
    The answer is YES.

They always do and always have.

They just don't listen to those whose ideas would honestly ruin the game because they're thinking of themselves and their other cohorts within their minority group.

Simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Honestly, I've seen some fantastic ideas from posters on the forums over the 8 years I've played this game. Sometimes they make perfect sense, and it's a problem Blizzard has already said they're "looking to fix, but not sure how yet."

From what I've seen, they seem to specifically stay away from suggestions that customers make for an 'original' spin-off they come up with themselves, which is almost always worse. It's confusing to me. It's not limited to WoW, at ALL - WC3, SC2 - not listening to community feedback is a pretty common theme. Best examples I have is for SC2 - community votes on COMMUNITY-MADE maps, (zero development costs from Blizzard) and Blizzard either doesn't put them in, or alters them for what seems to be no reason other than to throw their "Blizzard" stamp on it, which ultimately lowers the quality and pisses off the customers.

Added WC3 , D3 and SC2 to it

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, absolutely.

I think too many people confuse "no, we're not going to do that" with "we don't care about your opinion."

I also think too many people confuse "this horse is dead, let's stop beating it" with "we don't care about your opinion."

I have seen enough responses over the years from Blizzard that indicates they do care about player feedback and opinions (more recently with regards to the rep changes in 5.1 for dailiies, and the comments of future changes to improve and make it less painful for alts). They might not always make a choice we like, but that doesn't mean they aren't listening.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Of course they listen to feedback, just don't live under the assumption that because some people have moaned that something will change.

You mention bots....they've already explained a number of times how they work and how bans happen, what more would you like them to do?

You mention dailies but to be honest I'm bored with the level of stupid that comes with that, the blues have explained and any reasonable person can understand what 'optional' and 'bonus' means.

You mention CRZ that needs "fixing" when it's not broken (have leveled two toons since MOP and have yet to see a single issue), those nodes aren't yours just because your leveling an alt though an old expansion, no more than they weren't yours when it was busy.

Half the people I see complain about CRZ don't understand it and seem to think it applies to Pandaria, which it doesn't...

In every case there's more than likely a proper, single, massive thread where all the feedback is collected in one place, but because people can't read / understand they feel they're valuable contribution to the forum needs to have it's own special place, which then gets deleted.