Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Flight Path Oddities

So... this has happened a few times now.

When I took a flight path from Dalaran to Coldarra, I ended up in Amber Ledge. Bit odd, but I didn't see what happened as I was tabbed out. However, just now, I fly from Acherus to Thorium Point. When I land at Thorium Point, I'm speedily forced through three loading screens and end up in... Loch Modan.

What the hell is going on, and how do I stop this?

I fly to the tavern in the veiled stairs, it ports me to the one in front of it in four winds. I fly to shado pan place, it ports me back to the previous FP. They know the bugs there, its been there a while now, ina few places. They are too busy to fix it, or they'll say its an add on and its on our end.

Deleted
    This exact thing happened to me, too. Took a taxi from Blasted Lands to Burning Steppes, 3x loading screens and landing two flight paths back from the original destination. I've opened a ticket, had a chat with GM, got served the usual 'it's your addons, delete WTF Cache Interface folders'. I won't do that, too much of a hassle really as I can live with this. I am curious about the epilogue, is it a bug or actually an addon messing things up.

Yesterday I took a FP to dread wastes to prepare for raid but didn't feel like flying. As soon as I landed in the Klaxxi daily area I got a loading screen and was ported to the north section by the big tree (still in dread wastes thankfully). Glad to see I'm not the only one as I was a bit confused.

I fail to see how any addons or anything on our computers could force a loading screen and teleport us. So I'd complain to the GM that their answer is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    I fly to shado pan place, it ports me back to the previous FP.
    Yup, this exact thing has happened to me a few times now. At first I thought I had clicked the wrong FP to fly to, but the last few times I've paid close attention to make sure I was picking the right one and still ended up one FP away. Not sure when it started happening, but I did my Shao-pan dailies before 5.1 and never had this issue then. So probably something got screwed up with 5.1.

Same happened to me, flight from Blasted Lands to Brill, landed in Brill and popped up in Andorhal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xingu View Post
    I've opened a ticket, had a chat with GM, got served the usual 'it's your addons, delete WTF Cache Interface folders'. I won't do that, too much of a hassle really as I can live with this.
    Curious as to how opening a folder and hitting the delete button three times is too much of a hassle >.> doing that would take less time than re-flying to where you wanted in the first place.
    Last edited by Mystile; 2012-12-12 at 07:33 PM.

i made a ticket of that same problem and this is what they told me to do, I had a chance to go over the issue here and I think I can help. ^_^

Please go to this link and follow these steps. This should fix your issue. /us .battle .net /support /article /7300084
    Also don't forget to check out our tutorial videos here!
    youtube .com /user /BlizzardTutorial
    my hubby heard something about this and says it might also have to do with a quest item thats in ur bags from panda land, im not real sure what it is but its annoying and not not going to mess with anything on my comp til my hubby can fix w/e i brake as hes a tech and im always messing something up lol very blond.
    if this does help yall let me/ others know
    take the space out of links inbetween the . /
    o and put the www and http back in had to find a way to post em

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    Same happened to me, flight from Blasted Lands to Brill, landed in Brill and popped up in Andorhal.

Curious as to how opening a folder and hitting the delete button three times is too much of a hassle >.> doing that would take less time than re-flying to where you wanted in the first place.
    It's not the hassle of clicking, it's losing my addons settings. I've lived under the impression that I lose those, right? If there's more to that feel free to correct/enlighten me, I thank you in advance.

It's effect of CRZ, as some changes to CRZ mechanics were made in 5.1 (as people could prolly notice from smaller lagspikes upon crossing CRZ borders). Pandaria has it inherently too.

So when you cross CRZ border, your fly-path resets and you end up at first fly point in that CRZ zone/zones-cluster.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get the Coldarra back to Amber Ledge one, anyone know if you still get freakin dismounted over WG?
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Xingu View Post
    It's not the hassle of clicking, it's losing my addons settings. I've lived under the impression that I lose those, right? If there's more to that feel free to correct/enlighten me, I thank you in advance.
    Yes you will lose all of your UI settings if you do that.

You do realize that deleting your WTF folder resets every setting in the UI, including losing all of the settings to all of your addons, right? For many that is hours of adjustments.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    It's effect of CRZ, as some changes to CRZ mechanics were made in 5.1 (as people could prolly notice from smaller lagspikes upon crossing CRZ borders). Pandaria has it inherently too.

So when you cross CRZ border, your fly-path resets and you end up at first fly point in that CRZ zone/zones-cluster.
    If it is, I'm kinda pissed. I'm on a high-pop PvP realm, and am getting irritated at people coming over just to gank me as I'm levelling, then to flee back to their own safe, dead server. I don't want CRZ, and if it's wasting my time and putting me in the wrong places, I'm really not happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed this too.. Happy it's not just me..

Also, since v5.1, load-bars tend to fill up 2, 3 or sometimes 4 times, when you HS, enter dungeons, corpse-run etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    So... this has happened a few times now.

When I took a flight path from Dalaran to Coldarra, I ended up in Amber Ledge. Bit odd, but I didn't see what happened as I was tabbed out. However, just now, I fly from Acherus to Thorium Point. When I land at Thorium Point, I'm speedily forced through three loading screens and end up in... Loch Modan.

What the hell is going on, and how do I stop this?
    Does it constantly happen or is it a one-time thing? If it's multiple occurrences, I'd send in a bug report.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholySanctuary View Post
    Does it constantly happen or is it a one-time thing? If it's multiple occurrences, I'd send in a bug report.
    For me it's every single time I fly to Shado-pan Garrison, it ports me (with a quick loading screen too) to Ren-Sai Outpost.

I took the zepp from org to tirisfal, zoned, flew off the zepp and randomly zoned again; appeared in howling fjord. lolwut?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6413023639
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    General
    •Rarely, creatures may get "stuck" following a player around while being immune to damage and evading all attacks.
    •DX11 may be causing crashes for players. Swapping your graphics API to DX9 may resolve these crashes.
    •Disconnecting during a rated battleground may cause you to gain the Inactive debuff and be removed from the battleground.
    •Performing Faction Change and Character Recustomization services may cause you to be incorrectly prompted to rename your character twice before you can enter the world.
    •Dalaran lacks General and Local Defense chat channels.
    Players may be sent back to a previous destination after using a taxi or flight path.
    Known issue. I've been having it myself and gets rather annoying. I fly to the Shado-Pan daily area and get ported back one. So I decided to fly to the one I normally got ported back to. My shaman made it without issue. My druid ported back to another flight path. Had it happen with Iron Summit in Burning Steppes (ports me back to Thorium Point). Also had it when flying to Western Plaguelands. I got ported back to Arathi instead.

I really hope this is fixed soon.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Good bye all interface settings?

Am I the only one that doesn't use flight point anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I've noticed this too.. Happy it's not just me..

Also, since v5.1, load-bars tend to fill up 2, 3 or sometimes 4 times, when you HS, enter dungeons, corpse-run etc...
    Yeah, I've noticed the loading bar thing as well. Kinda makes you wonder how this happened after what..7 years? I don't see why they would change anything related to these functions but meh, not really a huge deal.