Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I see level 90 Enhance on my server using fucking daggers and die a little inside and now I want to make a Enhance version of that "How to play Resto" video screaming "DON"T USE FUCKING DAGGERS!" as my first tip.

    Seriously, don't use daggers, plenty of slow 1 handers.

  2. #22
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Koohii View Post
    I see level 90 Enhance on my server using fucking daggers and die a little inside and now I want to make a Enhance version of that "How to play Resto" video screaming "DON"T USE FUCKING DAGGERS!" as my first tip.

    Seriously, don't use daggers, plenty of slow 1 handers.
    The KEY to his post is that these are HEIRLOOM daggers. One of the biggest reasons we want slow slow is the base higher weapon damage. In the case of HEIRLOOM daggers i'd wager even their straight damage tends to be a bit higher than usual. Thus at least to me making it cringeable BUT also tolerable.

    Oh and have you TRIED leveling as enh recently? We STILL get shit on loot wise. There are very few blues that meet our requirements fully. Why else would i advise my GF to use a dagger while emphasizing the no noness of it. Cause they had higher straight up damage.

  3. #23
    Stood in the Fire Sporky0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    464
    Seriously doesnt matter while levelling. Yes, you SHOULD use the maces since they are better. But if you don't have them and don't want to get them, using the daggers is a perfectly acceptable alternative. I levelled my shaman in Wrath with two daggers and it was fine (lol mace didn't exist back then).
    Levelling: Go for it. Use the heirloom daggers, then replace them asap once they stop upgrading.
    Level cap: Slow weapons. 2.6/2.6 WF/FT

    I so wish they could make daggers a valid option for enhancement. Just for the sake of daggers not being for one frigging class. Also because daggers are the closest things to swords that we can use.

    Also I used two epic daggers in T11, but that was mainly because the choice of enhancement weapons was abysmal at that point (although I know that using two heroic blue slow weapons would have been more beneficial) and because it was funny to beat my raid on dps as a fucking dagger shaman.

    Seriously though. I know people always say how cool 2h Enhancement would be to be viable (and it would imo), but since Blizz say they won't do 2h enhancement again and that it's meant to be a dual wield class they should make daggers viable.
    Last edited by Sporky0; 2012-12-14 at 12:02 PM.

  4. #24
    daggers on enhance and staffs on caster, the 2 things that make me angry on a shaman.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    daggers on enhance and staffs on caster, the 2 things that make me angry on a shaman.
    lol
    you can't compare this. daggers on lvl 90 is really bad as you will lose a lot of damage but an elemental with staff is as good as every other caster with a staff.

  6. #26
    Your stormstrikes and Lavalashes will hit harder. As will your Windfury procs. You wont get any more windfury procs having faster weapons, but you'll get weaker hits by having them.
    WoW PvP; Where DPS are healers, tanks are DPS, and healers are tanks!

    RETH RETH RETH!

  7. #27
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Your stormstrikes and Lavalashes will hit harder. As will your Windfury procs. You wont get any more windfury procs having faster weapons, but you'll get weaker hits by having them.
    Not necessarily compared to regualr weapons...Sometimes i wish more people would A read the OP post and B realize how these skills work. It;'s the BASE WEAPON DAMAGE that determines it and at LOW LEVELS there are cases where dagger DO have more and ESPECIALLY so with heirlooms.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    lol
    you can't compare this. daggers on lvl 90 is really bad as you will lose a lot of damage but an elemental with staff is as good as every other caster with a staff.
    wrong, I can and did compare this... a shaman with a staff is wrong for the same reason a dagger is wrong on enhance.... 1H OH is better just as slower weapons are better on enhance.

  9. #29
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    wrong, I can and did compare this... a shaman with a staff is wrong for the same reason a dagger is wrong on enhance.... 1H OH is better just as slower weapons are better on enhance.
    AT 90 maybe but we're talking HEIRLOOMS here PRE 80 BIG difference.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    wrong, I can and did compare this... a shaman with a staff is wrong for the same reason a dagger is wrong on enhance.... 1H OH is better just as slower weapons are better on enhance.
    yes mh + oh is better for sure. but it is not that big margin. sure you can compare it. if I have equal ilvl mh and oh compared to staff I would use it too. but if I have a staff which is a highler ilvl I would wear the staff. not sure if this is also valid for dagger on enhance. that is why I say you comparision is bad.
    also you are talking about lvl 90 I guess but this thead is about level gear and boa and as it is super easy and really fast to level so it doesn't matter if you do some 100 more dps or not as it is still much better than using green items you find during leveling.

  11. #31
    While leveling it really doesn't matter, i always use a 2hander out of nostalgia, no problem at all

  12. #32
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    21,288
    Staves are caster gear, and Shaman have two caster specs. If MH+OH has more stat points, then MH+OH is better for literally everyone. It isn't remotely comparable to the case with Enhancement, where fast attack speed daggers are often worse than lower item level slow attack speed maces or axes, due solely to the weapon speed. A higher item level staff, on the other hand, is typically an upgrade for a Shaman caster. That they might be able to upgrade further to a MH+OH is pretty much irrelevant.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    The KEY to his post is that these are HEIRLOOM daggers. One of the biggest reasons we want slow slow is the base higher weapon damage. In the case of HEIRLOOM daggers i'd wager even their straight damage tends to be a bit higher than usual. Thus at least to me making it cringeable BUT also tolerable.

    Oh and have you TRIED leveling as enh recently? We STILL get shit on loot wise. There are very few blues that meet our requirements fully. Why else would i advise my GF to use a dagger while emphasizing the no noness of it. Cause they had higher straight up damage.
    I've had no issues at all getting gear on my Shaman I'm leveling.

    Use maces.

  14. #34
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,720
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    I've had no issues at all getting gear on my Shaman I'm leveling.

    Use maces.
    Yeah how are you leveling intsances or questing? Instance loot tables are still crap add in the chance of RNG deciding to crap on you..And BTW i DO use maces/axes/ slow if i can. Again it's weapon damage that matters most thus i use what has the highest weapon damage.

    I am right now on another server from my main no heirloom heirloom wise i do indeed have the two maces both enchanted for +15 agility. So yeah i would but seriously go new server and try even mainly isntance leveling....You'll find far fewer weapons of the optimal style than you'd think.

    I know full well what i am saying and NO ONE here is even TRYING to say fast is ok AT ALL once at even say 80-90 range then there should be enough options of good gear for you to choose from but lower levels there isn't not instance wise at least. Yes questing has some good options and short of absolute farning yeah just saying that overall weapons good for enh are quite rare in vanilla land instances.

  15. #35
    it's slow/slow with WF on MH and flame on OH

    WF does a proc on MH for extra weapon swings aka slower is better dmg
    your lava lash does more dmg with the OH instead aka again a slow weapon will make your attacks stronger then a fast weapon.

    btw why bother with heirloom weapons? leveling is fast + there tons of cheap AH weapons you can use
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

  16. #36
    As many have said, slow weapons are better. That's been established. You have 2 heirloom daggers at the moment though. They aren't ideal, but they are heirlooms. If you can get the maces, great. Go for it. If not, you'll be able to level just fine with the daggers. Just know that you could be doing more damage to things with proper weapons, but you'll still kill things just fine. If you get a better quest reward (2.8 maces are really nice), switch one heirloom out for a few levels. Good luck in your leveling though. I've always loved ENH (I have 5 of them).

  17. #37
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    As many have said, slow weapons are better. That's been established. You have 2 heirloom daggers at the moment though. They aren't ideal, but they are heirlooms. If you can get the maces, great. Go for it. If not, you'll be able to level just fine with the daggers. Just know that you could be doing more damage to things with proper weapons, but you'll still kill things just fine. If you get a better quest reward (2.8 maces are really nice), switch one heirloom out for a few levels. Good luck in your leveling though. I've always loved ENH (I have 5 of them).
    Same here and agreed...Glad to see SOMEONE else who gets the difference between leveling and gear.

    Though TBH i've move to maining a Brewmaster my enh was my first main and my mian from day 1 of BC till day 1 of pandaria. But yeah ENH is alot of fun and i hope more people find it.

  18. #38
    Can we state this another way?

    "You should always use the weapon which has the highest damage value (NOT DPS)."

    As many others have stated, this is due to the way that SS and LL calculate their damage. In most cases, and certainly past level 78 when you can equip Cataclysm weapons, this will be a 2.6 speed 1h mace, axe, or fist weapon.

    HOWEVER, if the heirloom daggers have more damage (again, not DPS, but the actual top line damage number in the tooltip) than any other weapon you have or can easily get, then use them. Heirlooms are a special case, as they level up with you and other weapons will not, and they typically just have better stats for a given level than all but a few available weapons. Plus chars level quickly enough now that gear goes obsolete faster than it used to, and the heirlooms won't do that.

    Don't stress over it too much. It's just leveling, and everything under 60 is fairly trivial now.

    And without fail, WF goes on MH, and FT goes on OH.

    And enhance using daggers at max level makes the nature spirits cry.

  19. #39
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,720
    Quote Originally Posted by IronRabbit View Post
    Can we state this another way?

    "You should always use the weapon which has the highest damage value (NOT DPS)."

    As many others have stated, this is due to the way that SS and LL calculate their damage. In most cases, and certainly past level 78 when you can equip Cataclysm weapons, this will be a 2.6 speed 1h mace, axe, or fist weapon.

    HOWEVER, if the heirloom daggers have more damage (again, not DPS, but the actual top line damage number in the tooltip) than any other weapon you have or can easily get, then use them. Heirlooms are a special case, as they level up with you and other weapons will not, and they typically just have better stats for a given level than all but a few available weapons. Plus chars level quickly enough now that gear goes obsolete faster than it used to, and the heirlooms won't do that.

    Don't stress over it too much. It's just leveling, and everything under 60 is fairly trivial now.

    And without fail, WF goes on MH, and FT goes on OH.

    And enhance using daggers at max level makes the nature spirits cry.
    THANK YOU SIR!

    This what i have been TRYING to get across it's weapon DAMAGE NOT SPEED that is most important.

    It's just often termed speed due to A being simpler and B because at high level it's generally true excluding a few freak accidents which then get corrected.

  20. #40
    For leveling just take what takes the least amount of effort as it won't matter all that much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •