Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Best classes for Brawlers guild

    So, the Brawlers Guild has been up for a while now and more and more people are getting in.

    I was wondering which classes have en edge above other classes when it comes to progressing through the ranks. I'm not talking about which class is best for each specific fight, but what do you think is the best class overall?

    These classes are in my opinion the best for melee and ranged respectively.

    Melee: With the availability of bloodlust, strong burst cooldowns, a good amount of defensive cooldowns and decent self healing Enhancement shaman take this spot for me. Rogues come in as a good second with all their defensive cooldowns and strong burst but they lack a bit in the self healing departement.

    Ranged: I'm tied between hunters and boomkin here. Hunters obviously have their pets who can take some beating, have strong defensive cooldowns and have all the tools they need for kiting, but they are also lacking in the self healing departement. Boomkins on the other hand have very strong self healing and strong defensive cooldowns, but when they need to constantly move (Battletron) their damage falls behind.


    So, who do you think is the strongest class for Brawlers guild and why?

    PS: Did not add a poll because I would have to have all dps specs as an option and the maximum for a poll is 15.

  2. #2
    Blood Dk, probably.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Blood Dk, probably.
    Not enough dps so they are rly bad

  5. #5
    I disagree with your assessment that boomkins are the best. The lack of movement dps really hurts the class overall. I think Warlocks and BM Hunters, and Mages are the best ranged dps. I agree with Enhancement being the best melee though.

  6. #6
    R8 I'd say hunters trump all. They have decent cooldowns regardless of spec (for millhouse) self healing is irrelevant since all incoming damage is avoidable aside from millhouse, which is minimal if done properly and not even needed to heal through. Along with the fact that they are ranged (for disruptron) and can now do 100% dps while still moving.

  7. #7
    Elemental.

    Decent Burst Dps
    Mobile
    Can Summon an Awesome Tank (Earth Elemental is really nice with PE)
    Good Self Heal, Healing Surge, Healing Stream and AG.
    Long Stun (5sec)
    Decent Kiter
    Short CD Interrupt

    And most importantly, Ranged Dps, as Melee you will have your problems against certain Bosses.

    Especially the Movement dps is really important for the R8 Dudes, Disruptron / Epicmus Maximus are a real pain without decent Movement dps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Solarshot View Post
    R8 I'd say hunters trump all. They have decent cooldowns regardless of spec (for millhouse) self healing is irrelevant since all incoming damage is avoidable aside from millhouse, which is minimal if done properly and not even needed to heal through. Along with the fact that they are ranged (for disruptron) and can now do 100% dps while still moving.
    Quite ironic that you name Hunter along with Millhouse, they suck there because the Pet will not benefit from the crucial Dmg buff.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  8. #8
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,520
    Blood DKs aren't as strong as you'd think. I've seen a few get curb stomped.

    For me being a 2h Frost DK, I haven't had a lot of trouble.

    I mean, sure, the fights are very challenging but it's nothing that's so hard I have to go into Mega Ultimate Super Srs mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  9. #9
    Brewmaster smegdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,422
    I'd don't know if I would call them the best, but Warlocks are very powerful in the Brawlers guild.

    With each spec being used on various fights and every possible talent config you really get to experience a lot of your class. I progressed to Rank 7 with only having issue with the raven Lord boss, until I pulled out my gateway and Rofl stomped it. haven't had time to reach rank 8 yet. but the few attempts I have made on GG engineering were 20% 13% and 5%. I woulda had it to if I hadn't Soul Swap my fully buffed dots off the gnome at ~8%.

  10. #10
    Mechagnome Mear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    560
    From watching others when sitting in the 40 min ques the first night I would guess warlocks and warriors.

  11. #11
    While being a hunter makes some of the fights ridiculously easy, some can be a pain in the ass, such as GG engineering or Battletron just because of the lack of self heal, not to mention that pet taunts don´t work. One of the better classes für BG, though.

  12. #12
    Rogues, lol -.-

    I've seen Locks be the most effective so far.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeshort View Post
    So, the Brawlers Guild has been up for a while now and more and more people are getting in.

    I was wondering which classes have en edge above other classes when it comes to progressing through the ranks. I'm not talking about which class is best for each specific fight, but what do you think is the best class overall?

    These classes are in my opinion the best for melee and ranged respectively.

    Melee: With the availability of bloodlust, strong burst cooldowns, a good amount of defensive cooldowns and decent self healing Enhancement shaman take this spot for me. Rogues come in as a good second with all their defensive cooldowns and strong burst but they lack a bit in the self healing departement.

    Ranged: I'm tied between hunters and boomkin here. Hunters obviously have their pets who can take some beating, have strong defensive cooldowns and have all the tools they need for kiting, but they are also lacking in the self healing departement. Boomkins on the other hand have very strong self healing and strong defensive cooldowns, but when they need to constantly move (Battletron) their damage falls behind.


    So, who do you think is the strongest class for Brawlers guild and why?

    PS: Did not add a poll because I would have to have all dps specs as an option and the maximum for a poll is 15.
    On my 484 ilevel boomkin I was able to go through every fight relatively easily. GG Engineering, the bird boss (summons 4 adds) and summoner where really the only hard ones. Engineering and summoner where only an issue because our DPS is low if we have to kite constantly and their enrage is tight with their health. Bird boss just, I could not get past because we have no reasonable quick AoE (had to use hurricane) but the boss hits so damn hard you can't just stand there. As for Battletron, any casting class just gets screwed here. I saw a video of a boomkin doing it but he had ilevel 496, 4 piece and barely beat the enrage. Also, he was only able to do it by using symbiosis on a lock, health stones, full raid buff, food, etc.

    That being said, I'm not really sure what class I'd say has it easiest. I'd think hunter due to their good DPS while moving and being ranged. On the flip side, they lack good healing so battletron would probably kill them. Outside of that, DK, simply because they are the kings of soloing content. Also ele shaman as someone above stated.

    To all the people stating mage, I disagree. Their DPS while moving is pretty bad. And the big half-dead bug boss I have seen slaughter mages for days because of no self-healing.
    Last edited by NightZero88; 2012-12-12 at 08:09 PM.

  14. #14
    In terms of rank 8 fights Elemental Shaman are by far the best, Mages and Boomkins are pretty close behind though and melee lose a fuckton of points for not being able to do Disruptron without levitate abuse (only possible as Alliance).

  15. #15
    Most ranged I think are decent. Though as elemental, I got to rank 8 and then stopped because I didn't care about killing the rest, so I would say elemental. lol.

  16. #16
    I'm rank 8 right now playing Arms the whole way. I've died a couple times and been pretty close on a couple rank 8 bosses. Second wind is pretty powerful for the static damage, and we have powerful burst and strong <20%.

  17. #17
    Bloodsail Admiral xtramuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    1,099
    Fire/Frost Mages + Ele shamans. When you get to rank 8 all that matters is DPS on the move, and these two not only have the best of it, but they have lust aswell.

    Vexxe of Old School.



    Streaming MOP raids live: (14/14HC 25Man SoO) and WOD Beta (Leveling and raid testing Heoric/Mythic) @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

  18. #18
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    My Happy Place :D
    Posts
    147
    same as usual then as everything else?? 2/3 classes outshine all the rest and the others are the usual sad forgotten lot...... what a load of shite ;p

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by emoelitistthreadderailer View Post
    same as usual then as everything else?? 2/3 classes outshine all the rest and the others are the usual sad forgotten lot...... what a load of shite ;p
    You sure live up to your user name.

    OT: I play as druid and only rank 4 now. The lower levels seem to be easier if you have a big burst cd (e.g. Army of the Dead), but it seems damage on the move is more important on higher levels. So far, I've easily gone through everything as feral, but guess might have to switch to moonkin later. I do love the Brawler's guild though, feels like you really need to know your class well to get through some of the fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

  20. #20
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    My Happy Place :D
    Posts
    147
    well its true.. blizz seem to favor certain classes and if you arent one of them classes then your not gonna get very far. ......
    but i dont play wow anymore so cant really say what this brawlers thing is like. just popped on ere for a quick browse and the first thing i read is "x" class is best again etc etc ;p

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •