Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    well if you want more performance from the cpu it takes two easy steps.
    1 : buy any halfway decent aftermarket cooler (evo 212 for example as budget option)
    2: overclock away !

just stick with dual channel it is fine for your needs. (perhaps stupid question but would tripple over dual channel ram affect OC'ing in any way? first thing that comes to my mind is that instability more likely due to non identical ram sticks?)
    Ive overclocked multiple times on mismatched memory modules in the past, but just for the possibility of headaches sake its always better to get them the same if the option is there. Not sure about overclocking complications with having dual channel setup over triple, When I Oc'd my friends 920 a few years back he had his 3x2gb setup and I never though of pulling one out to test in dual channel lol.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

looks like an entry level watercooler should be able to cool some light oc'ing with ease.

have fun with new GPU to get crispy performance ^^ (really should get some sleep closing in on being awake for 70h straight )
    Seriously? Ga slapen... lol ^^ 70h is almost the entrance to death if you really didn't sleep in between.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 12:12 AM ----------

If I wish to OC, can I follow this guide? They even use the same Motherboard, and tripple channel which I will be using soon, too ^^

Edit: rather this guide

http://www.overclock.net/t/538439/gu...-930-to-4-0ghz
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2012-12-12 at 11:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Seriously? Ga slapen... lol ^^ 70h is almost the entrance to death if you really didn't sleep in between.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 12:12 AM ----------

If I wish to OC, can I follow this guide? They even use the same Motherboard, and tripple channel which I will be using soon, too ^^

Edit: rather this guide

http://www.overclock.net/t/538439/gu...-930-to-4-0ghz
    sleep is overrated
    anyway overclocker.net guide is a good place to start but be carefull of those temps.

sleep is overrated
    anyway overclocker.net guide is a good place to start but be carefull of those temps.
    You might want to look into my other thread in the main computer forum. I posted my OC'ing there and I indeed have some slight temp problems... at least in my eyes. Others tell me that I am perfectly fine at the moment since the i7 920 is supposed to handle higher temps. So I do not really know where I stand right now.