Soaking Heroic Will 10m (No Hunter, No Rogue, No DK)

Here's our comp:
    - Aff Warlock
    - Aff Warlock
    - Fire Mage
    - Enhancement Shaman
    - Ret Paladin
    - Balance Druid (has feral set)
    - Prot Warrior
    - Brewmaster Monk
    - Resto Shaman
    - Holy Paladin

We've been looking over the cooldowns and just haven't found a good way to do it.

Anyone have any advice for more creative methods in this fight (like using CC on the adds + AoE?)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthest View Post
    Here's our comp:
    - Aff Warlock
    - Aff Warlock
    - Fire Mage
    - Enhancement Shaman
    - Ret Paladin
    - Balance Druid (has feral set)
    - Prot Warrior
    - Brewmaster Monk
    - Resto Shaman
    - Holy Paladin

We've been looking over the cooldowns and just haven't found a good way to do it.

Anyone have any advice for more creative methods in this fight (like using CC on the adds + AoE?)
    You have 2 bubbles that can soak as many sparks as you can pool.
    Then there's the 2 locks that can soak a ton as well with a dark bargin and follow it up with a hand of purity from one of the paladins or unending resolve.
    Then you have Iceblock and cauterize (not to many sparks though, because if they go off at different times it will kill the mage).
    Mages and locks can blink/port as they are about to explode as well.

Mirror images may work, but I'm not sure.

If your mage is a badass, he can Blink Sparks. That's a super risky strat though.

These are the cooldowns I see:
    Lock (x2): Dark Bargain, Unending Resolve
    Mage: Cauterize, Iceblock
    Shaman (x2): Shamanistic Rage (might die)
    Paladin (x2): Hand of Sacrifice, Bubble
    Druid: Survival Instincts

I might be missing some.

You're just going to have to call who can take a Spark early and try to get a phat absorb on them. Only your bubbles and iceblock can take more than 1 Spark. If you run out of cooldowns, kite and kill the Sparks (can be slowed).

I don't think you'll run out of CDs, but if you do, I would CC a set so your Bubbles can absorb 4 each. You can also plan to kill the very first set of Sparks, as nothing else is really out at that point.

EDIT: Dark Bargain followed by Hand of Purity is crazy good (above post). I would use that for sure.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-12-12 at 08:37 PM.

One Warlock will be able to soak every Courage. Bulwark+Unending for one, Dark Bargain for second. Then rotate.

Paladin should be able to soak every Strength with Divine Protection. Just make sure he is topped off cause it will hit him for 400k.

Now for Rages - Paladin (Ret) Bubble - (Holy )Paladin Bubble - Rotate One Warlock with Dark Bargain (Twilight Ward after to mitigate some damage from the debuff) - Mage Iceblock - Now the problem with this is not sure if 5min CD will be up for the 5th Rage's.

Deleted
    paladin gets hit for 450k.... its 40% dmg reduction of 750 = 450k, not 400k.

You've got four ranged... you could actually try straight up killing the sparks and continuing to slow them.

We actually have our Enh Shammy eat every Strength alone.

He does that using Shammy Rage + Unleashed Fury Rockbiter, and then saving Astral Shift for risky sparks (lower then 90% hp)
    You could use your Warlocks to soak the Courage spark, that leaves you with the rages.

I'd say kill the rage sparks, if you ever feel like you're getting overrun use the pally bubbles or mage (either g-invis for security or cauterize+blink for risky stuff)

You'll be relying mainly on the tanks for bossdmg though, but you normally have to do that anyway.

Deleted
    2 rages - 0:10 |
    1 strength - 0:25 |
    2 rages - 0:42 |
    1 courage - 1:00 |
    1 strength - 1:15 |
    2 rages - 1:15 |
    2 rages - 1:55 |
    1 strength - 2:10 |
    2 rages - 2:27 |
    1 courage - 2:50 |
    1 strength - 3:00 |
    2 rages - 3:00 |

<< transition >>

[Note: timings are from different vid, from the vid above this phase starts at 4:20]

2 rages - 2:37 |
    1 strength - 2:53 |
    2 rages - 3:10 |
    1 courage - 3:27 |
    1 strength - 3:40 |
    2 rages - 3:40 |

<< transition >>

2 rages - 5:05
    1 strength - 5:22
    2 rages - 5:40
    1 courage - 5:55
    1 strength - 6:10
    2 rages - 6:10

Work out an order based on those timings. I would suggest you CC rages 3 & kill with 4, CC 5 & kill with 6. CC every subsequent 2nd wave after each trasition to kill with wave 3. More info regarding who exactly can soak below:

Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    Check my thread for timings and reference

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Spark-soakers

1 DK 2 Holy pally 3/4 Spriest 5/6 Spriest - Transition - 1 Spriest 2/3 SPriest - Transition - Repeat of last --

With the above, you would cc (hex + sheep) the 3rd & 5th rages then kill them together with the 4th and 6th. You need to cc the 4 so they die together. Your killing priority is as follows, courage > rages > strength > boss. The Warlock should slow the Courage before it puts up the shield.

For reference, when you stand next to a spark it will explode but will not damage immediately. This means the following:

Warlocks can soak with teleport every 30 seconds per 1 spark. Druids can soak with symbiosis teleport every 30 seconds from Warlock. Mages can soak with Blink every 15 seconds. Mages can soak with iceblock. Warlocks can soak dbl sparks (but not 4) with DB + UR. Holy pally can soak every 5 minutes, priest every 2 minutes. Rogue can soak at any time provided they can melee a mob beforehand for Feint with Elusiveness. Elemental shamans are not advisable for soaking, even with their CD.

I would personally suggest using immunities to soak as much as you can, it lowers the damage taken on this fight by such an obscene amount.

There is a key reason we CC those rages by the way. Notice from the timings the courage spawns ~ 15 seconds after the 5th rages. We never managed to kill those rages fast enough AND get to the courage in time, meaning either the tank ends up getting raped or the raid does. It's far easier to just kill them with the last set of rages & focus on getting the courage down in time.
    Last edited by mmoc053e24f82b; 2012-12-13 at 05:41 AM.

I think mages can also use greater invisibility. You get invisible immediately and you have 90% damage reduce as long as you're invisible and 3 seconds after. Is 90% enough?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=110959/...r-invisibility

Ok you can cauterize as well and you only have 2 minutes, but invibility will be a bit more healer friendly I think
    Last edited by reflection; 2012-12-13 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    I think mages can also use greater invisibility. You get invisible immediately and you have 90% damage reduce as long as you're invisible and 3 seconds after. Is 90% enough?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=110959/...r-invisibility

Ok you can cauterize as well and you only have 2 minutes, but invibility will be a bit more healer friendly I think
    Yes, Greater Invisibility will allow you to soak at least 2 sparks safely (around 50% hp without absorbs as far as I remember). Just pop Invis, run into the first spark -> at this point your invis will fade but you got another 3 sec of 90% reduction to soak the remaining one(s).
    (you can probably even soak 3 with invis only or 4 with icebarrier/pw:s up; never had to try this though, since I only used it on 2 sparks at once)

Regarding Cauterize: Well, you can only take one spark with it -> with Greater Invis you can soak several at once...

Also: blinking single sparks works fine - it only needs a little practice and timing.

edit: Forgot to mention that your mage should specc Frost for this fight without a doubt. Way better burst (and burst cleave with glyphed ice lance, frozen orb and frostbomb!) & control on rages (pet freeze, DF on demand with FoF Proccs, ...)!
    Last edited by Carline; 2012-12-13 at 09:50 AM.