Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb What's your alignment?

In games, I always play the good guy. In Fallout, I was "Very good"; Mass Effect I was a paragon; and in Fable, I played the hero. I find it a little ironic since I always play a rogue-like guy too...but that's beyond the point. I always made the good choice, unless the end justified the means. It doesn't feel right being evil, or mass murdering innocents (minus the children in Skyrim, oh how I wish they could be killed).

In games, what's your alignment usually like? Feel free to share examples or stories too.
    Last edited by Tethrys; 2012-12-12 at 09:12 PM.
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

In Fallout I slaughter everyone and everything... no laws, love it!

:X

In general in games like KOTOR or such, I always play twice - good and bad.

for me it usually depends on the theme of the game.. In Fall Out, I very much played the part of a lone wolf that was ruthless and did what i needed to to survive, i was evil. Fable I was Good mainly but had my bad moments. Jedi i was good, Sith i was evil.

I'm usually Good, but my position on the Lawful/Chaotic axis varies by character. Never really played Neutral or Evil.

Lawful Evil, deal with it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally I start with a feeler character. I'll play an hour or two into the game and see how I feel about the Characters introduction and place in the story. Once I have a good idea how it could play out, and i have gotten a bit more comfortable with the games mechanics, I will start a new character. At this point i'll decide which route i would like to take as per class, faction and alignment. If the game is good enough, i'll play it through twice, once as each alignment. I did this with Skyrim, i had multiple characters of all sorts.

Deleted
    Mostly evil. Lawfull, Neutral and Chaotic.

Even when I decide to not be so evil I still just end up changing betwen those on the evil axis.

Only part in any game where I haven't been able to pick the Evil/bad/renegade option is in the Overlord DLC for ME2.
    Seing the tears on his chin while being hooked up to the Geth interface machine just makes it impossible to not free him for me.

Deleted
    chaotic good.

Lawful Neutral IRL

Lawful Evil everywhere else >:]

Goody two shoes here. Always play as a good guy because when i try to play as a bad guy i feel guilty for some reason lol. Been playing morrowind and even when it comes to outlaws like the orc in balmora i'd rather taunt her into attacking me than flat out murdering her .

Quote Originally Posted by Maleborgia View Post
    Goody two shoes here. Always play as a good guy because when i try to play as a bad guy i feel guilty for some reason lol. Been playing morrowind and even when it comes to outlaws like the orc in balmora i'd rather taunt her into attacking me than flat out murdering her .
    I'm kinda the same way lol When I played TOR, I was a Sith warrior but I only made light-side choices when I had the option to do so. Evil just seems too.... easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would agree. outright killing someone was a little too far, but if it was in self defense, I had no problem with it.
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

10+ Year Old Account
    Chaotic neutral . Whatever seems like most fun at the time. Leaning more towards good

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect: Either full paragon or full renegade (I alternate.)

Skyrim: Chaotic Neutral. I just fuck around and do whatever the hell I want. Once I was exploring around Dawnstar and I came across a group of travelers. I was bored so I killed them and stole their stuff.

Usually though in RPGs I tend to be what a Mass Effect player might call a "Renegon." (Renegade + Paragon) I pick the more aggressive, hostile actions, but I still try to keep in mind what the "right" thing is to do, so I end up with a mix. Perhaps, in DnD terms, Chaotic Good.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Lawful good. Sometimes I'll have an alternate who's chaotic neutral but my main is always a good guy.

I tend to be mostly good with a few evil/bad choices depending on the situation. Like in Me3 for example I punched that asshole Quarian that fired on me in the geth ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally speaking Chaotic Neutral bordering on Chaotic Evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I tend to be mostly good with a few evil/bad choices depending on the situation. Like in Me3 for example I punched that asshole Quarian that fired on me in the geth ship.
    I do that all the time.

I also punch the asshole reporter (I punch her in all 3 games actually)

In Mass Effect, if I can punch you, I will.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Chaotic evil a lot of the time but depends on the game too.

Honestly depends on the character I have created and what mood I was in when I made it.

Normally lean towards Lawful Evil though.