1. #1

    how to get pestilence to spread diseases on orbs on elegon

    On normal mode elegon (and heroic too I guess) is it possible to spread your diseases from the boss to the orbs when they spawn? I've successfully done it in LFR before but on normal mode 10 man I tried maybe 3 or 4 times and every time the diseases would not spread. I suppose it could be an issue of timing or something. Do you guys know how to make that work? I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

  2. #2
    Immortal Soisoisoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,407
    Yes, just the same way you do on LFR, either Pestilence or Blood Boil (Roiling Blood, if you're UH/Blood). You might want to glyph Pestilence, but if you're fast enough it isn't needed.

  3. #3
    Pretty sure it's also more forgiving if you glyph pestilience as well. I never tried without the glyph but I know I could cast it and watch the diseases spread even if if the orbs had already started traveling away from the boss.
    The more of my behavior you accept, the less you will have to forgive.

  4. #4
    I have Pest glyphed and I can't freaking get them on the orbs. Wonder if I was having bad latency when I've been in there on the DK ...
    --
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

  5. #5
    Immortal Soisoisoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I have Pest glyphed and I can't freaking get them on the orbs. Wonder if I was having bad latency when I've been in there on the DK ...
    Probably, and you have to factor in reaction time and the latency from the spell to finish casting and the orbs to spawn. I tend to hit as/after he finishes casting, without the glyph, and can hit them all. Just use the Glyph though, there's nothing else you will need specifically on that fight.

  6. #6
    Moderator Fnx-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,407
    You need to have the glyph and pretty much stand under the boss and BB/pest as soon as the adds spawn.

    Envy - Kazzak EU (www.envy.si)
    MY DK - "Stand in the fire, DPS higher!"

  7. #7
    The Patient Ganaza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    227
    I save the death runs for a howling blast on the adds that spawn centered, lose out on BP ticks but howling blast does a lot of damage (atleast with my mastery)
    13/13HC

    #Acherus (storm.coldront.net) - Death Knight IRC

  8. #8
    Watch the boss for his cast of "Draw Power" which is a 3 second cast. You want to Pestilence as soon as "Draw Power" finishes.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    34,088
    Have to have the glyph or be incredibly speedy. I'd go with the glyph



  10. #10
    A bit off topic, but is anyone else experiencing suspiciously low DPS on Elegon? Specifically on heroic mode?
    I was unable to even crack 100k during the opening burst of the fight as frost.

    Nothing was out of the ordinary though. Well nothing obvious anyways. All my gear and stuff was correct.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBalls View Post
    On normal mode elegon (and heroic too I guess) is it possible to spread your diseases from the boss to the orbs when they spawn? I've successfully done it in LFR before but on normal mode 10 man I tried maybe 3 or 4 times and every time the diseases would not spread. I suppose it could be an issue of timing or something. Do you guys know how to make that work? I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    Glyph it. And try to hit pest just as he finishes the cast that summons the orbs. Or even slightly before if you have latency issues.

  12. #12
    starts getting difficult on the 6-7th stacks cause you can't get back to elegon in time ;_;

  13. #13
    just want to update you guys that if you have the pestilence glyph and make sure to save 1 death rune (for frost atleast) or blood rune (for UH or blood)... you can spread pestilence every time even if you are a little slow in your reaction time. I just make sure I cast pestilence on the boss right after the orbs spawn.

  14. #14
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    seattle, wa
    Posts
    98
    i glyph pest and get it every time (dont need it if you time it right)...

    you have to watch the cast timer on elegon so that you're not GCD'd when the sparks come out. the more sparks you kill the faster the cast bar moves and the more critical your timing has to be.

  15. #15
    Bloodsail Admiral Devorawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,071
    You gotta be really quick! If the orbs have spawned and you've yet to cast, save pestilence, you'll only be wasting the rune!

    Try and time it just before the orbs spawn, so as soon as they do the cast goes off, so you'll have to take lag into account here (which differs from person to person).

    Also, since I've never tried, I've specced into rolling blood, does the pestilence glyph increase the range of blood boils spread? I assumed it didn't, I just never thought to check it out, it isn't vital to my tanking :P
    If you spend your entire life getting senpai to notice you, you'll never notice anyone else.

    2philosophical4me

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Desparatus View Post
    You gotta be really quick! If the orbs have spawned and you've yet to cast, save pestilence, you'll only be wasting the rune!

    Try and time it just before the orbs spawn, so as soon as they do the cast goes off, so you'll have to take lag into account here (which differs from person to person).

    Also, since I've never tried, I've specced into rolling blood, does the pestilence glyph increase the range of blood boils spread? I assumed it didn't, I just never thought to check it out, it isn't vital to my tanking :P
    Since roiling blood triggers pestilence it does increase the range of the spread (your blood boil still has to hit the target within 10 yards for it to trigger)
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  17. #17
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,081
    I use pestilence glyph with rolling blood. Have zero problems and I am not even standing directly under him.

  18. #18
    Stood in the Fire Praxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York, USA
    Posts
    472
    The only time I've had any trouble spreading diseases to every charge is when I cast Pestilence too soon, oddly enough. If I hit my button instantly when the charges spawn, I don't get a spread -- if I wait a moment (not even close to a full second), no issue at all. It seems to me like the charges aren't vulnerable to debuffs until just after they spawn. Unless I'm totally nuts and my perception of reality is somehow horribly skewed.

  19. #19
    Also since you'r not on Elegon 100% of the time make sure your diseases are actually on him!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •