40FPS to 10 FPS with Marest 560 Buid

Hello Everyone,

I recently built the Marest 560 build and was very happy with the setup with 40 fps on ultra. Recently however, that performance has dropped drastically to sub 10 fps on ultra. I can now get about 30 fps on fair. I was wondering if anyone had ideas about what might have cause that. Feedback would be appreciated. I think I updated my video drivers but I can try that again.

Deleted
    40 to 10 fps in what game? while doing what ? perhaps changed the resolution?
    need to know more in order to be able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    40 to 10 fps in what game? while doing what ? perhaps changed the resolution?
    need to know more in order to be able to help you.
    This is Wow. This is just being in Pandaria/SW not 40 man raid or dungeons.

Sounds like drivers to me, otherwise its the i3-3220. The 6870 is more than enough for wow if functioning correctly, the i3 under circumstances is good enough and under others not so much.

Deleted
    im going with some changed setting (dx9 vs dx11 or something allong those lines)
    also what are windows energy settings for max performance or on balanced?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Sounds like drivers to me, otherwise its the i3-3220. The 6870 is more than enough for wow if functioning correctly, the i3 under circumstances is good enough and under others not so much.
    i3-3220 is fine for WoW.

Turn off your addons. I had the same problem right after a patch. One of my old addons was causing a ton of errors. If that works its just a matter of figuring out which one is causing the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahneggan View Post
    Turn off your addons. I had the same problem right after a patch. One of my old addons was causing a ton of errors. If that works its just a matter of figuring out which one is causing the problem.
    Had this aswell back in the days i still played it. Seems most likely this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahneggan View Post
    Back when I played it was usually Recount (or similar AddOns) that did this, although I've had my bar AddOns do it once and PowerAuras as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    i3-3220 is fine for WoW.
    If by wow you mean medium-high settings @ 60fps 1920x1080 in 10m raids and some world areas.

Deleted
    If by wow you mean medium-high settings @ 60fps 1920x1080 in 10m raids and some world areas.
    seen people quote way worse as "very good settings" should be fine for the OP. (even for gaming those i5/i7 cpu's with 4,5GHz+ aren't common let alone that games rely on such speeds ^^)

DoTimer was doing this after 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jaynith View Post
    DoTimer was doing this after 5.1
    Very very very excellent point, addons will be a huge possibility. Update all of em.

Very very very excellent point, addons will be a huge possibility. Update all of em.
    Its probably faster to disable them all and see if its even an addon issue. Not all addons update whenever a patch is released.

Its highly likely that the addon problem is due to a HUD or Unitframe thats trying to access Monk Mana with an old API call for Mistweavers in Stance of the Fierce Tiger. I had this exact problem with IceHUD on the 5.1 PTR.
    Last edited by yurano; 2012-12-13 at 03:01 AM.

I had this card as well and it wasn't really handling WoW fine enough for me @ ultra. But drop shadows to low gave me a big fps boost. AMD's werent handling shadows good enough in WoW..

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    I had this card as well and it wasn't really handling WoW fine enough for me @ ultra. But drop shadows to low gave me a big fps boost. AMD's werent handling shadows good enough in WoW..
    Shadows bring fps down in the highest end rigs. I always set shadows to low/fair.

If you are running some taxing addons, turn them off, such as Recount, it hogs your memory and CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Its probably faster to disable them all and see if its even an addon issue. Not all addons update whenever a patch is released.

Its highly likely that the addon problem is due to a HUD or Unitframe thats trying to access Monk Mana with an old API call for Mistweavers in Stance of the Fierce Tiger. I had this exact problem with IceHUD on the 5.1 PTR.
    Its been a week nearly 2, beta addons so also exist. Developers usually have an updated or atleast working version during PTR. In any event updating everything would be give you an easier to sort through list of addons as say 5 of your 30 are out of date still, check those first.

Its been a week nearly 2, beta addons so also exist. Developers usually have an updated or atleast working version during PTR. In any event updating everything would be give you an easier to sort through list of addons as say 5 of your 30 are out of date still, check those first.
    Frequently, addons are ditched by their developers. So its not necessarily the case that they have been updated.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do this to get higher fps:
    Esc --> System --> Advanced --> Change graphics API to DirectX 9
    System --> Graphics --> Put "low" on shadow quality, liquid detail, sunshafts and disabled on SSAO.

Also i wouldnt keep rest of the settings higher than "good" with your computer specs.