Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Nope it seems fine, you already know my opinion on the GTX680. ASUS P8Z77-V LX has no support for SLI, not a big deal I just wanted you to be aware of it. You don't really need a sound card unless you plan on getting some nice speakers or quality headphones ($100+).
    Means if I want to upgrade this some day, I will have to buy a new single card? And that is assuming by then you can still use that motherboard for a new card.

Upgradability is another issue I have, I prefer it if it is very upgradable so in 3 years time I can upgrade it instead of buying another new PC instead.

Deleted
    Yes you would have to replace it with a single card but to be honest a GTX680 should be good for quite some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do graphics card change the "style" often?

I am trying to foresee in 3 years time, I want to buy this new 960 card, but then I will need to think if it would still fit in my current motherboard or not.

Deleted
    680 should last you a couple of years no problem, I doubt any new GPU would require a motherboard replacement.

Pretty sure the gen 3 PCI-e will be the standard for at least another 3 years. No point in choosing your MB purely on SLI support or not as a powerful single gpu will in 99% of cases be preferable. Only programs I can think of where SLI is king is benchmarking programs like 3DMark etc. and if you're in to heavy 3D, in which case you would be looking at a quadro card anyway.

The GTX680 will be more than enough for the next 2-3 years unless consoles get beefed by alot. If they do we might finally start seeing more than 10-15% gains with new generation of hardware. Hate consoles...... Ruins PC gaming.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I was gonna contact the site and ask if I can have that build but a better motherboard lol, is that not worth it? Wouldn't a better motherboard gives better preformance also?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I mainly use it for gaming, and only 1 screen.

I plan to be playing some of the later games also, and FFXIV ver2 will be out sometimes in summer, and I totally plan to get it and have it on max settings.

PSU I was told I need a 1000W if I want to SLi, I can get a 700W if only going for a single 680 though.

The SSD drive is only 120GB due to I was told only leave your OS and nothing else on it? And just get another drive if you want other programs and files, so that is why I have an OS drive, a program drive and a file drive?

The Blu Ray DVD thingy, I am not sure, I would assume so? If not I am sure I can download a program off the net?

The main issue I have to decide is the 680 vs 660 Ti SLi, I read some review saying the 660 Ti SLi would smoke the 680, and since I am buying a new PC right now might as well get the better one while I am at it, hence the 660 Ti.
    For a 670, 550w is more than enough, if you want to go SLI then 650w is enough.

Last edited by inux94; 2012-12-31 at 06:01 PM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I was gonna contact the site and ask if I can have that build but a better motherboard lol, is that not worth it? Wouldn't a better motherboard gives better preformance also?
    More stable overclocks with better power designs, support for SLI (if that's ever needed) and perhaps some specific feature you may or may not want/need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Where'd you find that calculator? I liked it
    PCPartPicker.com
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    e-mailed the sales team of that site, asking if I can still have the better motherboard with the build I want (as it wasn't available), he told me there is actually an advertised PC build that I should go for:

It is pretty much exactly the same as the build I went for except it has the ASUS P8Z77-V PRO motherboard, and the CPU is Intel® Core™ i5 3570K Quad Core 4x 3.4GHz (Overclocked to 4.6GHz) 6MB Cache (4 Threads) (compare to the Turbo Boosted to 3.8 GHz from my original build). Price wise is only slightly more than my original build so I am planning to go with this one. Good to go?