Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

dragon death knight

could a dragon (for example wrathion, nefarian) be killed in human form and then ressurected by the lich king as a death knight ? what would become out of it ?

Deleted
    No

Their non-dragon form is meant to be an illusion I think, and as such if they die they would simply be a dead dragon, rather than a dead Human/Gnome/whatever. So they would be risen like the Frost Wyrm's in Icecrown

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    No

Their non-dragon form is meant to be an illusion I think, and as such if they die they would simply be a dead dragon, rather than a dead Human/Gnome/whatever. So they would be risen like the Frost Wyrm's in Icecrown
    Wrong. Dragons killed in humanoid form leave humanoid form corpses. Tides of War demonstrated this.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the subject of non-player race death knights, I would have loved to see some giants become Death Knights, rather than simply undead flesh giants. Give those suckers some giant-sized plate armor and rune weapons! Awesome!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Their mortal form become a DK seems plausible. The question is then what happens to their dragon form.

Frost Wyrm? or does it vanish?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Wrong. Dragons killed in humanoid form leave humanoid form corpses. Tides of War demonstrated this.
    I stand corrected...

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Their mortal form become a DK seems plausible. The question is then what happens to their dragon form.

Frost Wyrm? or does it vanish?
    Seeing as how DKs of other races don't immediately rot and skeletonize upon being raised, it's safe to say, depending on how freshly they were killed and raised they'd retain a normal "draconic appearance" with blue glowing eyes. If sometime had passed, sunken in, partially deathly looking features may show up, like the frozen, green and greyed skin, sunken eyes and cheeks features available for Death Knights.

Seeing as how DKs of other races don't immediately rot and skeletonize upon being raised, it's safe to say, depending on how freshly they were killed and raised they'd retain a normal "draconic appearance" with blue glowing eyes. If sometime had passed, sunken in, partially deathly looking features may show up, like the frozen, green and greyed skin, sunken eyes and cheeks features available for Death Knights.
    When Arthas killed Sapphiron he was a fully fleshed and very much alive dragon. Upon being raised he immediately skeletonized. Couldn't have been dead more than a few minutes. Then you consider Sindragosa. Sure she was dead a long time, but she died on a glacier and was almost immediately covered with ice. You can pull a wooly mammoth out of the ground that has more meat on it than she did when she was raised.

Dragon meat doesn't seem to have a terribly long shelf life.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2012-12-12 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    When Arthas killed Sapphiron he was a fully fleshed and very much alive dragon. Upon being raised he immediately skeletonized. Couldn't have been dead more than a few minutes. Then you consider Sindragosa. Sure she was dead a long time, but she died on a glacier and was almost immediately covered with ice. You can pull a wooly mammoth out of the ground that has more meat on it than she did when she was raised.

Being turned into a Frostwyrm is being different from being raised as a death knight. What Arthas did with those dragons is the equivalent of raising a humanoid as a ghoul. Death Knights =/= ghouls

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Onyxia in BWD?

Being turned into a Frostwyrm is being different from being raised as a death knight. What Arthas did with those dragons is the equivalent of raising a humanoid as a ghoul. Death Knights =/= ghouls
    Frost wyrms aren't ghouls either. They aren't mindless. In fact they're of equal mental capacity to death knights, if not greater. If Arthas could do one better and raise one with the flesh intact, I'm sure he would have done it. Sindragosa was after all his most powerful minion and the expansion's penultimate boss - it would make no sense for him to hold back on her.

Frost wyrms aren't ghouls either. They aren't mindless. In fact they're of equal mental capacity to death knights, if not greater. If Arthas could do one better and raise one with the flesh intact, I'm sure he would have done it. Sindragosa was after all his most powerful minion and the expansion's penultimate boss - it would make no sense for him to hold back on her.
    Sindragosa died during the events of the War of the Ancients. When the LK found her, she was nothing but a big pile of bones.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you plan to rp a dk dragon.... You are going to get laughed out of whatever rp guild you go into, just a fore warning. If not, We've seen undead dragons, like neltharion and onyxia. along with the lich king's frostwyrms. now can sindy turn into a human if she wanted? I'm not sure
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Roveredo View Post
    Sindragosa died during the events of the War of the Ancients. When the LK found her, she was nothing but a big pile of bones.
    Which makes no sense. You bury a dead animal in snow and ice at the roof of the world and what comes out the other end might not be pretty, but it will have flesh on it. Unless it's a dragon.

Unless it's a dragon.
    Unless it's Onyxia.

I don't think it's outside the realm of plausibility, considering dead dragons in humanoid forms leave humanoid corpses and that there are undead dragons. Why can't both happen, to form a Dragon DK ?

I mean, yeah, I sorta agree with roahn here ... it just smacks of the worst stereotypes of rp (eg, "I'm a half elf vampire faerie !") ... not that it couldn't be done well in certain hands, and I have no reason to believe you couldn't play it tastefully ... if this is even in reference to rp at all, haha -- cheers.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I'd say Nefarian is a non-scourge death knight.

his human form armor in vanilla was the same used by "classic" death knights, except it was fiery.
    his human form in cataclysm is a heroic death knight tier 11 and he is undead now.
    he can raise the dead since vanilla. he raises all the drakonids you killed as an Army of the Dead at the end of his fight in Blackwing Lair.
    he can copy his opponents skills (Dark Simulacrum)
    he is awesome
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

A dragon raised by the Lich King would obviously become a Frost Wyrm... I doubt a Frost Wyrm even retains its humanoid form, even if it did why would it want to use it? Dragons only seem to use humanoid forms to converse with the younger races (or maybe some of them just enjoy RP...). Can all dragons take on humanoid forms or just powerful ones?

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 11:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'd say Nefarian is a non-scourge death knight.

his human form armor in vanilla was the same used by "classic" death knights, except it was fiery.
    his human form in cataclysm is a heroic death knight tier 11 and he is undead now.
    he can raise the dead since vanilla. he raises all the drakonids you killed as an Army of the Dead at the end of his fight in Blackwing Lair.
    he can copy his opponents skills (Dark Simulacrum)
    he is awesome
    He isn't undead, he's a living black dragon that's corrupted by the Old Gods (I think... the whole black dragonflight is somehow affected by Deathwing's corruption even if they were born prior to it). Most of his minions are his experiments, but assuming he does truly raise undead and not just construct them somehow, this is not that remarkable since a lot of beings in WoW can raise the dead. Necrolytes, Necromancers, the Val'kyr... you don't have to be a Death Knight to do it. In fact DKs have weak necromancy powers, only able to raise shambling thralls.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2012-12-12 at 11:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    A dragon raised by the Lich King would obviously become a Frost Wyrm... I doubt a Frost Wyrm even retains its humanoid form, even if it did why would it want to use it? Dragons only seem to use humanoid forms to converse with the younger races (or maybe some of them just enjoy RP...). Can all dragons take on humanoid forms or just powerful ones?
    all dragons, whelps included. you know that bronze dragon "blood elf" girl who gives you quests in the hour of twilight dungeons? she's a whelp. you know chromie? when she helps you in hyjal she's still a whelp.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 01:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    He isn't undead, he's a living black dragon that's corrupted by the Old Gods
    stop right there. cata nefarian IS undead.

plus, I've never seen a necromancer, a necrolyte or a val'kyr copying other people's skills like DKs and nefarian do.

he is undead, he raises skeletons and he copies skills. I'd describe him as a "death wyrm" lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.