Deleted

[Balance] Idea for a finisher

Seeing as balance lacks a proper finisher, what do you people think of the idea that when your Wrath, Starfire and Starsurge hits an enemy below 20%, they refresh your DoT's without the need to crit. I don't really think it would be that overpowered, and would in my opinion add a fairly fun finisher to the class.

Perhaps it wouldn't work very good with DoC, but I'm sure that can be tweaked elsehow.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Deleted
    I would suggest something ike, solarbeam is gonna hit for x amount of damage. In this way, we dont get a new button. But we do get a finisher which is on some sort of CD. The cd now is pretty long, but if they make it a really powerfull hitting one, that shouldnt matter.

Solar beam damage sounds fun but would never fly as it has an actual use (in pve it doesn't do much on anything other than trash but...) so using it as an execute would be odd as at some point you could foresee using it for the damage or not to keep the utility. And changing the cd would have pvp implications and thus while I love the idea... not sure it could work.

Extending dots eases the rotation but in terms of a dps increase, you'd barely notice it. At decent gear levels you aren't refreshing dots constantly enough to really lower dps and thus it's not that big. Compared to say, feral execute where your ferocious bit extends your rip, that's building a 5 point combo that normally is used for a long dot but instead gets used for a 60k attack with the dot aspect still there. Clear dramatic dps increase.

Personally, while I love the idea of a moonkin execute, the obscene amount of burst we bring now works effectively the same way just oppositely. So while most classes do more damage in the end, moonkins do more in the beginning which averages out close enough and gives us that individuality. And if you are reading this and question moonkins having the best burst in the game right now... you're doing it wrong or there's just a clear gear difference. Equally geared no one can touch our burst and that's actually more fun as you see the burst immediately on the damage meter. Your increased damage at the end gets averaged in so it's less impressive. So when I burst over 400k on heroic Garalon when everyone else is in the 200k range..... it's worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purrberry View Post
    So when I burst over 400k on heroic Garalon when everyone else is in the 200k range..... it's worth it.
    And then watch your meters fall for 150 seconds + waiting due to other reasons.
    It would be interesting to have your dot ticks reset the cooldown on your starsurge when they tick below execute range. (Not like shooting stars, so no instant cast, just simply cooldown reset)

Balance Druids requiring an execute is debatable. But if we were to get an execute what execute would we get? Since shrooms are so weak we barely (if at all) make use of them how about altering the detonation to add an execute phase effect.

Casting Wild Mushroom: Detonate during the last 20-25% of a targets health will also consume your moonfire and sunfire effects on each target hit by the explosion and deal 34% of the total damage of each effect consumed to that target per mushroom in addition to the normal amount of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulose View Post
    Casting Wild Mushroom: Detonate during the last 20-25% of a targets health will also consume your moonfire and sunfire effects on each target hit by the explosion and deal 34% of the total damage of each effect consumed to that target per mushroom in addition to the normal amount of damage.
    This should be really good I think.
    Ask Ghostcrawler?

Deleted
    Like someone said. Bring back insect swarm as execute!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazgot View Post
    Ohw yes!! I really miss my insect swarm..

Deleted
    Below 25% Starsurge gets no cooldown.

I don't think we need an execute. Not every class should have one.

Also keep in mind that this would mean a reduction in our pre-execute damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    this

Quote Originally Posted by qweek View Post
    Below 25% Starsurge gets no cooldown.
    or this

the first is like A Murder of Crow (for Hunters)
    the second is like Molten Core (for Demo Warlocks)

both are known quanitities and viable mechanics, and not so overused as the SW: D/Shadowburn/Killshot/Execute mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, this would actually be really freaking awesome. A quick hitting DoT, like every 0.5 seconds or every 1 second dealing X amount of damage. That'd be pretty cool for both PvE and PvP. Wouldn't even be that OP in PvP because it doesn't deal burst damage.