question b4 i resub.

I'm looking for a game to casually play while im not raiding 2 days a week. i played swtor when it first came out and quit a month later. How time consuming is it? how long does it take to get max level? how hard is it to get geared for raids/rated wzs? oh and can you change specs? like from a jugger to a marauder Thanks
    Last edited by preposterous; 2012-12-13 at 12:16 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It takes forever to get to max level. It's impossible to get gear without paying $100 up front. It will consume all your time. You will hate it. If you look at other threads we have posted, you might find the information you were looking for that disagrees with these lies entirely.

In other news, please kill me because these threads are a plague on humanity.

or douche bags who hate to help other people are the "plague on humanity".

Please don't flame people.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-12-13 at 03:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by preposterous View Post
    or douche bags who hate to help other people are the "plague on humanity".
    Look buddy, there are rules on the forums. Some of them pertain to creating duplicate threads of topics that are already present. There has been an overabundance of these threads since the launch of F2P. We have numerous threads, including one I made personally, that are aimed at helping people trying or returning to this game. So don't give me your drive by post bullshit.

Thanks.

Ps- Douchebag is technically one word.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Look buddy, there are rules on the forums. Some of them pertain to creating duplicate threads of topics that are already present. There has been an overabundance of these threads since the launch of F2P. We have numerous threads, including one I made personally, that are aimed at helping people trying or returning to this game. So don't give me your drive by post bullshit.

Thanks.

your thread was about f2p. I'm resubscribing going 2 pages back i don't see any thing about the specific questions i asked. If anything you have to say isn't related to my question. Don't post here.

10+ Year Old Account
    your thread was about f2p. I'm resubscribing going 2 pages back i don't see any thing about the specific questions i asked. If anything you have to say isn't related to my question. Don't post here.
    Here's a pro tip, that thread says to ask your questions here. Not mention the 100 other threads that explain how the game works. So if you plan on wasting our time like the garbage I just quoted, don't post here. Clearly you felt more special than asking questions in the "New and returning players ask your questions here thread". Well I have news for you, you're not. Just because you don't understand forum rules or how to search threads doesn't mean we should be punished for it.

I and many other people are very eager to help you enjoy this game shall you choose, but I'm tired of these one off waste of space threads. Technically they are all violating forum rules, but we have a very liberal government here.

Thanks.

I really don't know why I am bothering to post to you. As you can see from my post count I really don't post a lot, if ever. It's usually to people like you, then I get infracted and carry on. I'm going to attempt to do this without breaking rules but its going to be a stretch for me.

First off, I get it, we get it, your mother gets it, my father gets it, blizzard has felt the vibe, so has bioware, you set a ping off at EA, its spread across seas, I've been told there is probably going to be a world holiday created for it.

YOU DON'T LIKE THE FUCKING GAME! {That's is probably my infraction, I apologize, just needed to get that point across}

I'm aware this is the internet, you will post what you want when you want wherever you can and want.

You waited a long time for this game, hoped it would be something you would enjoy, turned out not to be. I'm sorry to hear that. I feel for you. I wanted this game to directly to compete with WoW to make both games better, didn't happen, oh well.

Also, does this duplicate thread rule have a duplicate post rule? All your posts seem to have the same message.

"I dislike the game, you should dislike the game, although this forum makes me disgusted at the game I dislike I practically live here."

Also, let the mods worry about enforcing them thar pesky forum rules.

If I have to read all of your posts everyday trying to find something new about the game, even though none of yours are relevant to the threads they are in, this guy can sure as hell post his question.

I'm really not trying to be insulting or anything like that, even though I believe that is how you will take it. Just, chill out, take a couple days off from hate posts, see how you feel...

So back on topic...

preposterous

It's an mmo, so by game design yes, very time consuming. The leveling isn't very far off of most mmos. Getting geared isn't hard and you don't have to be good, again all it takes is time. You can change specs in your talent trees, however Jugg and mara are classes, not specs.

I'm looking for a game to casually play while im not raiding 2 days a week. i played swtor when it first came out and quit a month later. How time consuming is it? how long does it take to get max level? how hard is it to get geared for raids/rated wzs? oh and can you change specs? like from a jugger to a marauder Thanks
    1. Not very time consuming. Maybe 80 hours /played if you're super slow to hit max level.

2. Very easy to get first tier of gear, more difficult for BIS gear. Like 2-3 months difficult.

3. No you can't change spec.

Much easier to just answer the questions than troll.

Deleted
    The time you spent argueing and such you could hav just answered their question and then directed them to your thread.

It still takes a while to get to max level but can be speeded up by buying xp boosts and been subbed.

Not sure how hard it is to gear, i spend most of my time playing alts so havent hit max level. Maybe check reddit or the offical forums for more precise times.

Can't change you advance class yet, but rumors are it is coming into the cartel shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    3. No you can't change spec.
    you can respec for free at any time to choose another skill tree as Juggernaut/ any other class

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    you can respec for free at any time to choose another skill tree as Juggernaut/ any other class
    i think he was referring to not being able to respec your advanced class.

that being said, i simply dont agree with it taking forever to get max level, i personally dont think it takes any longer than any other mmo but thats just my opinion. you'll prolly get some cartel coins for resubbing, you could use those to buy xp boosts and they will help a ton. i was level 50 before i even hit corellia and it only took me 72 hours to do it. i probably could have done it faster but i was really in no rush.

its not real hard to get some entry level gear. you can buy blue pvp gear for credits and youre also given 99 tionese comms upon hitting level 50 that you can use to buy some nice starting gear for pve. if you want bis slot gear it will take you a month or so to get depending on your play time. since you said casually itll prolly take 2-3 months.

and no, you cannot switch advanced classes

Here's a pro tip, that thread says to ask your questions here. Not mention the 100 other threads that explain how the game works. So if you plan on wasting our time like the garbage I just quoted, don't post here. Clearly you felt more special than asking questions in the "New and returning players ask your questions here thread". Well I have news for you, you're not. Just because you don't understand forum rules or how to search threads doesn't mean we should be punished for it.

I and many other people are very eager to help you enjoy this game shall you choose, but I'm tired of these one off waste of space threads. Technically they are all violating forum rules, but we have a very liberal government here.
    "New and Returning Players to SWTOR Free to Play " not playing f2p playing subbed. Now my point is out thanks everyone who replied to the question at hand. Appreciate it and I guess I'm going to start back playing

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i think he was referring to not being able to respec your advanced class.
    However as every class aside Marauder/ Sniper can respec into two different play roles I wanted to point this out.

Deleted
    HI Mate, Leveling is fun, and engaging - storys compelling and enjoyable. It does not take forever to level neither does it take 5 mins, its a normal amount of time. Gearing is pretty simple, you get to 50, and you do the harmode flash points, and wz, and you can get very good dps from ur char without having to rely heavily on raiding. Jug, dps spec is doing very nicely at the moment but emp side could use a lot more healing charactors. FTP, well like they keep saying its a mindfield of comments and jabs, and chronic dissatifaction, aviod it all - pay a sub. I have paid a sub since day one and the whole FTP model, and debate does not affect me at all. U wanna get sucked into that tornado of shit doom n gloom then save ur pennys and enter the shit storm. If like me you wanna decent game to enjoy sub. Its pretty much a simple choice to sub or not to sub. In fairness kitty has done a nice guide to FTP, follow that if u cant afford the sub. Its a good guide.

Kitty was obviously joking because the poster didn't post his concerns in another open thread specified for exactly these kind of questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    "New and Returning Players to SWTOR Free to Play " not playing f2p playing subbed. Now my point is out thanks everyone who replied to the question at hand. Appreciate it and I guess I'm going to start back playing
    F2P is the state of the game. Whether you have a subscription or not, the model is still F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    The time you spent argueing and such you could hav just answered their question and then directed them to your thread.
    I don't care about my thread. It's not about me. I did it to help people and prevent this nonsense. No one enjoys boards getting spammed by drive byes, one offs, and repetition. The only people who enjoy that are people who aren't active in this community or don't give a shit about forum rules.

I will spend as much time as I have to until I can't take it anymore. Just ignoring the annoyance or the rules is what leads to chaos. I bring enough of it on my own for these forums, I'm not going to let it become rampant with more.

10+ Year Old Account
    -SWTOR is a fun game to play several days a week. The best part of the game is the leveling experience and storyline, so casually taking your time is not a bad plan.

-SWTOR is as time consuming as you let it be. I know that's a cop-out answer, but its the truth.

-With average daily play of 4 hours, and not playing for max XP grind-style, it should take 1.5-2 weeks to reach max level. I usually average 3 weeks / 50.

-Its not hard to get geared for Operations and Warzones. Its less frustrating for Operations because you can get gear fairly quickly (I did 1 Daily Flashpoint for a week and had a basic Raid-ready set). Warzones are more frustrating, and it will take several days of getting the snot beat out of you until you can get a few pieces of real PvP gear. Once you get a few set pieces then things get a lot easier (assuming you are playing with a decent amount of skill).

-You can change specs, but you can't change Advanced Classes. If you choose to be a Juggernaut then you can't later decide to be a Marauder. However, if you choose Juggernaut, you can choose to change your spec at any point (swapping from a tank spec to a DPS spec to a PvP spec). Sadly, there are no dual specs that allow you to change loadout on the fly.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...R-Free-to-Play

You can definitely ask questions about subs in this thread and keep everything consolidated.