Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    15,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Methias View Post
    While I'm not saying this is wrong in any way, I do have to laugh at a Mage trying to say this is fine with their a hellova bullshit ice lances and the like. Aka, an instant 100k attack pretty much... Oh, and Warriors are only effective in Melee. If you were any good you wouldn't have got hit by a warrior enough for this to make a difference.
    Ignorant aren't we. How about every other non frost mage player, you got a hard time staying on target with your unending toolkit of stuns and gapclosers?
    Bad warrior is bad.
    And yes, frost mages are OP as well, nothing new but it it becoming tiresome to see frost mages and warriors excuse their OPness by poiting at each other and ignoring the 140140124 specs in the game
    Last edited by Bakis; 2012-12-13 at 04:28 PM.

  2. #22
    Banned JhanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    575
    Only terribads relied on TfB stacks.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Ignorant aren't we. How about every other non frost mage player, you got a hard time staying on target with your unending toolkit of stuns and gapclosers?
    Bad warrior is bad.
    And yes, frost mages are OP as well, nothing new but it it becoming tiresome to see frost mages and warriors excuse their OPness by poiting at each other and ignoring the 140140124 specs in the game
    I would like to know what this unending toolkit of stuns and gap closers is; cause as far as stuns go we have shockwave (which is a talent we have to chose) and charge (which has DR with it). Other then that we don't have any other stuns that I can think of compared to a rogue who has a UNENDING toolkit of stuns. Also as it is right now Mages can blink out of stuns and then hunters can do i think its distracting shot which just completely negates our charge.

    And as far as gap closers we have charge, heroic leap, piercing howl (as a slow & talented); we dont have any roots unless we talent it and then we lose piercing howl and its not a guarantee root.

    I mean comparing this to other melee:

    DK - Grip, chillbrains, and chains of ice
    Monk - I have no idea never played melee monk. I know they have double roll though.
    Rogue - ShadowStep; sprint; i think theres some more.
    Feral - Pounce; sprint; and some other gap closers i just dont know the name of.

    So i think warriors are just fine with where they are now.

    And in regards to second wind healing; I love how all of classes don't seem to realize this is the only heal we have and it doesn't proc until we are almost dead. (Our only healing options have to be selected through a talent). I would love if warriors had an ability like a rogues recoup where we could have a ondemand heal where we could transfer rage to healing with no CD.
    Last edited by Hypnozis; 2012-12-13 at 06:39 PM.

  4. #24
    As melee in pvp, we are much much better than DKs, Monks and Rogues, don't even compare. I think we are better than ferals too but ferals are also doing well right now.

  5. #25
    Brewmaster Jess Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Farmer Land UK; Prev Los Angeles, CA.
    Posts
    1,374
    Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    As melee in pvp, we are much much better than DKs, Monks and Rogues, don't even compare. I think we are better than ferals too but ferals are also doing well right now.
    Ferals are easily the best melee in the current state.

  6. #26
    Scarab Lord Nest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Finlanders
    Posts
    4,858
    Warriors crying cause they can't just global people anymore. Adapt k.
    Heyoo!

  7. #27
    As a Wariror I'd say I would have preferred the nerf directed at cooldowns. I would also like other whiny players to actually read our posts rather than just assuming we didn't want any nerfs and scream their "Adapt" "Hurr eat it" "cry more" bullshit.

    5 TfB was nuts and had to go, but 1 TfB feels like a waste of a hotkey for me so far since the hotfix went live, it's only there because rage obviously needs to be spent and it's vital for that.

    I'm tired of how our cooldowns are always the source of ridiculous power, and wish they would focus more on those for the nerfs. I'd far rather have consistent, good damage and a nice burst than broken, spiky damage relied on procs and crazy burst with cooldowns.

    I wish PvP as a whole was more consistent, like Ghostcrawler said in his interview.
    Last edited by Assumi; 2012-12-13 at 07:41 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Ignorant aren't we. How about every other non frost mage player, you got a hard time staying on target with your unending toolkit of stuns and gapclosers?
    Bad warrior is bad.
    And yes, frost mages are OP as well, nothing new but it it becoming tiresome to see frost mages and warriors excuse their OPness by poiting at each other and ignoring the 140140124 specs in the game
    I don't actually play a warrior so... Yeah... Currently a Warlock and not even max level. And just because you're ignorant of the fact my comment was based on a mage saying how OP Warriors are... You can kinda see how I was taking the piss... How a MAGE can complain about a WARRIOR in PvP is beyond me, which is the point.

    So before jumping to your ill thought conclusions, notice that it was a reply to the posted TWO posts above me. L2readthethreadandcomprehend?

  9. #29
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Woopert View Post
    /reroll class

    F*cking sick of blizzard being so unreliable.
    If warriors weren't supposed as strong as they were early MOP, how did they make such a huge differential mistake?

    Someone's gotta get their shit straight.
    No matter your class, when you're globalling people (start of MoP) you know its going to get nerfed. There's no question about it. Warriors are still fine.

  10. #30
    Despite the nerfs and hotfixes in 5.1, arm is in a really good place right now. Our sustained damage is on the weaker end compared to DK's, ferals or DoT classes but our burst is right up there. Since the frost mage nerf, a good warrior vs a bad mage actually results in a win for us instead of the other way around. A knowledgeable and high ranking frost mage will still run circles around our mobility but that's why we have good teammates, right?

    I suspect we're in for another round of hurt in 5.2 with all the blue discussions about CC and burst being too high. We can only hope the nerfs are across the board and not just to specific classes... How terrible would it be if Shockwave had an interruptable cast time? Useless ability #6 please stand up

  11. #31
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR - USA
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnozis View Post
    And in regards to second wind healing; I love how all of classes don't seem to realize this is the only heal we have and it doesn't proc until we are almost dead. (Our only healing options have to be selected through a talent). I would love if warriors had an ability like a rogues recoup where we could have a ondemand heal where we could transfer rage to healing with no CD.
    Let me clear this up... no you wouldn't. Rogues have to use a global cooldown for theirs, it costs 30 energy (takes 3 seconds to generate that), they also have to use combo points, so to get it at a good length you have to use 5 combo points which means you are not going to be putting out much offensive pressure for 10 seconds or longer (they made combo builders less damaging and finishers more damaging), it regenerates 3% health every 3 seconds (as opposed to 3% health every second, and I guess 2% health per second for pvp).

    Recuperate is a joke in PvP for rogues. I rarely use it unless we're mopping up on a fight and I want to heal up a little bit.

  12. #32
    I think the main problem is now tfb is useless. Its become a useless mechanic. They either need to change it to affect something else or change the way it works. The class has become even more simplified, with barely anything to track or watch out for. There is no reward in PvP for paying attention to your buff or stacks. Its simply smash CDs and mush ms, op, slam and hs.

  13. #33
    Grunt Hopeful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mount Pearl, NL
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    Awesome for me not getting globaled.
    But 300k Chaos bolts are cool...............

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    As melee in pvp, we are much much better than DKs, Monks and Rogues, don't even compare. I think we are better than ferals too but ferals are also doing well right now.
    Love how Ret and Enhance don't even rate a mention. LOL.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

    And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    No matter your class, when you're globalling people (start of MoP) you know its going to get nerfed. There's no question about it. Warriors are still fine.
    I like how you kids keep saying "globaling". As if warriors start any given fight with 5(3) stacks of TfB. It fucking takes longer for a warrior to originally get 5 stacks of TfB than it does for a warlock to get enough resource to put out TWO chaos bolts. Yes it's instant & off the global, but it's EXTREMELY unreliable, and you can't fucking plan it. If you see a warrior with 5 TfB EVER, it's because you kept his ass alive/not ccd wayyyyyyy too fucking long. Think about stuff before you cry about warrior burst. Youtube videos do not make TfB look the way it actually is. It's HIGHLY unlikely that a warrior get so lucky to get 5/3 stacks in (going out on a limb here) a 10-20 second window, mind you, at 20 seconds, someone should be dead anyway.

  16. #36
    High Overlord Pulsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    188
    TfB was never really need and the chances of you getting a 5 stack were pretty slim. It shouldn't affect most Warriors.

    EDIT: I probably should of said most decent Warriors.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiatem View Post
    This is just too much. Three stacks was just fine, and would hit for no more than a Frost Bomb or Chaos Bolt. One stack doesn't even hit harder than slam does and renders Taste for Blood completely pointless in Pvp. Warriors were already nerfed, this was just too much and merely brought on by whiners having learn to play issues.
    But they nerfed Frost Bomb and are about to nerf Chaos Bolt as well, this change simply brings Warriors in line to what their vision for all classes is.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 12:40 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by jmdwolfy161 View Post
    I like how you kids keep saying "globaling". As if warriors start any given fight with 5(3) stacks of TfB. It fucking takes longer for a warrior to originally get 5 stacks of TfB than it does for a warlock to get enough resource to put out TWO chaos bolts. Yes it's instant & off the global, but it's EXTREMELY unreliable, and you can't fucking plan it. If you see a warrior with 5 TfB EVER, it's because you kept his ass alive/not ccd wayyyyyyy too fucking long. Think about stuff before you cry about warrior burst. Youtube videos do not make TfB look the way it actually is. It's HIGHLY unlikely that a warrior get so lucky to get 5/3 stacks in (going out on a limb here) a 10-20 second window, mind you, at 20 seconds, someone should be dead anyway.
    Then you should be glad that Warrior damage (if sub par from this change), will be buffed through means which are reliable and not have to rely on something that's such a gamble.
    One cannot simply quit wow his way into Mordor.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    But they nerfed Frost Bomb and are about to nerf Chaos Bolt as well, this change simply brings Warriors in line to what their vision for all classes is.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 12:40 PM ----------



    Then you should be glad that Warrior damage (if sub par from this change), will be buffed through means which are reliable and not have to rely on something that's such a gamble.
    That's great, now you're saying that warrior damage will be buffed? Are you sniffing glue, or do you have an "inside" in blizzard? Gtfo of here.

  19. #39
    I played some 2v2s 2hours ago and got 3 stacks.

  20. #40
    Epic! Demetrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    {◕ ◡ ◕}
    Posts
    1,515
    Buff to sustained damage, nerf to burst. Just what was needed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •