Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    This movie has an AMAZING plot. C'thullu comes from the depths to purge humanity and our best bet at survival is to invest every penny into building a giant, bipedal, fighting robot piloted by two dudes in jump suits. I don't understand how anybody cannot think that this may be the best plot any movie has ever had.
    C'thullu would be a nice twist/cliffhanger for sequel, or at least something like that. Second best twist would be, not a happy ending, and we loose, would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    C'thullu would be a nice twist/cliffhanger for sequel, or at least something like that. Second best twist would be, not a happy ending, and we loose, would be awesome.
    Deltoro stopped making his adaptation of "The Mountains of Madness", because of Ridley Scott's "Prometheus". I really want to see a good C'thullu movie!

Deleted

and thats why you need 2 pilots.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Deltoro stopped making his adaptation of "The Mountains of Madness", because of Ridley Scott's "Prometheus". I really want to see a good C'thullu movie!
    At The Mountains of Madness is like seventy pages long right? How the heck do you make a movie from that?
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2013-05-22 at 06:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Evangelion didn't start anything nor is it that good.
    NGE isnt good, its amazing.

Now back on-topic - i need to see this movie despite the fact i know im going to hate it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    At The Mountains of Madness is like seventy pages long right? How the heck do you make a movie from that?
    Same way The Hobbit is 3 movies. Movie magic or something like that.

Is it just me or does the AI in this sound just like glados?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    bout time we had another one of these movies. been waiting since the 80's

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 04:22 PM ----------

I don't understand why everything has to have a plot. Why not watch big ass robots duke is out because big ass robots are badass.

I mean UFC comes to mind 0 plot, but people watch it anyway.
    Exactly.

My friends and are are tooooootally stoked for this. We don't give a shit if it has an awesome plot, some wicked twist, hell, they could have hot group sex in one of those mechs for all I care, it's big fucking robots beating on big fucking monsters. BRING IT!

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It does, this has been discussed into the ground lol. Unfortunately, they only did it for the previews, they've already said it won't be in the actual movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    they actually made a deal to have glados voice in the movie. was big news a while back
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I want this to be good. PLEASE BE GOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Same way The Hobbit is 3 movies. Movie magic or something like that.
    The Hobbit is fairly easy to make into three movies, big universe and the book is fairly brief on a lot of things, like the Battle of the Five Armies, which one movie will mainly consist of. In the books, Bilbo is knocked out, and we get around a page of someone telling Bilbo what happened.

Haven't read At The Mountains of Madness yet, so I can't tell if it's possible, though all H. P. Lovecrafts short stories are written as journals, diaries, and other things like that.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for this to come out, it's a homage to all the classic Ultraman/Godzilla type movies/tv shows.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    I want this to be good. PLEASE BE GOOD.
    It won't be good in any category except badass robots fighting badass monsters, which is plenty for a lot of people.

Plot is awful. Reasoning is awful. Strategy is awful. But just like zombie movies/shows, we'll flock to see it. I certainly will.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Unfortunately, they only did it for the previews, they've already said it won't be in the actual movie.
    Ellen McClain is still going to be in the film.

VALVe approved Guillermo Del Toro's request to hire Ellen McLain to voice a computer AI that sounds similar to GLaDOS, using the exact same sound filter that VALVe used in Portal and Portal 2. The approval is a homage and nod to the franchise because of Del Toro's personal love of VALVe and their games.
    Last edited by Anshinritsumai; 2013-05-26 at 05:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It won't be good in any category except badass robots fighting badass monsters, which is plenty for a lot of people.

Plot is awful. Reasoning is awful. Strategy is awful. But just like zombie movies/shows, we'll flock to see it. I certainly will.
    There is something wrong with you. If you know it'll be awful why go see it in the first place? do you hope to be proven wrong? I don't get it.
    I don't think this movie will be good either, I mean huge fighting robots is as ridiculous as it can get, but I'm not eager to see it.

I expect a 7/10 for what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    So, monsters come from the ocean, we fight back with robots and everyone gets cake?
    Giant, moist, robotic cake?!

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 02:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

You forgot to say that we'll flock to it because Del Torro is a pretty damn cool too.

Deleted

That brings up one of the main beefs I had with the design of the Transformers in those movies. That is: the emphasis was so much on their moving parts that their forms often got lost in all the action, and they ended up looking a lot more fragile than they were supposed to be (at least for me). Where as here he talks about huge plates of metal and only being able to see their inner workings in certain areas.