Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Saw it at 10 last night, amazing film. There is lots of downtime in the middle but the action really pays off for it. And I have to give props to everyone that helped create the Kaiju. Those were some of the smartest aliens I've ever seen on film. They had tactics, they had plans of attack, they learned how the humans fought and kicked their asses at times. The Hong Kong fight was awesome, and the Russian Jaeger was the best, they didn't hold back at all. Will be suprised if they make a sequel, since the filmed pretty much ended with no loose ends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Saw the trailer on World War Z and it looks like a typical movie aimed for kids up to 17.
    One of those movies I know I would never pay to watch and probably turn it off after 15 mins if I ever decided I was bored enough to download it.

World War Z was above expectations, I can recommend it
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-07-12 at 11:05 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Saw it at 10 last night, amazing film. There is lots of downtime in the middle but the action really pays off for it. And I have to give props to everyone that helped create the Kaiju. Those were some of the smartest aliens I've ever seen on film. They had tactics, they had plans of attack, they learned how the humans fought and kicked their asses at times. The Hong Kong fight was awesome, and the Russian Jaeger was the best, they didn't hold back at all. Will be suprised if they make a sequel, since the filmed pretty much ended with no loose ends.
    There are plans for a sequel. The groundwork was laid in the first film. Hint: The scientist was an idiot for linking his brain to the kaiju collective...but that may be explored later.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly this movie was AMAZING and has by far the MOST amazing visuals i have seen in a movie. This movie was incredibly action-packed. I was on the edge of my seat throughout most of the movie. As a person who loves anything with "Aliens" this movie is a must see for people who love action. Only thing that bothered me was when they were in that deep water. They were WAY above it in deep areas and realistically they would of been underwater. More underwater scenes would of been even more epic. That just bugged me a bit.
    ALL IN ALL 10/10! Would go see it again!

15+ Year Old Account
    Amazing film, 11/10.

I went in with the expectations of Giant Robots vs Monsters, and that's exactly what I got. The fights were amazing, the back story held up the plot well enough to keep it flowing without too many WTF moments, and the humor spread throughout kept it from getting too-serious at times when it seemed like it might have gone that extra step.

I'd love to see it again, and personally as much as I'd absolutely love to see a sequel; I think they wrapped up the plot nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Saw the trailer on World War Z and it looks like a typical movie aimed for kids up to 17.
    One of those movies I know I would never pay to watch and probably turn it off after 15 mins if I ever decided I was bored enough to download it.

World War Z was above expectations, I can recommend it
    Well that was unnecessary. Though, I'd say the exact opposite for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went into the movie expecting one thing: Giant freaking robots fighting giant freaking aliens. Boy, did it deliver. And I was actually surprised that the story and plot were good, too! Sure, it's not 'movie of the year', but it certainly lived up to the hype I'd been building for it. It had sad moments, a love story, action on top of action, great actors...Definitely worth the trip, I'd say.

The only corny part was when Hannibal (Ron Pearlman) got eaten by the baby Kaiju. I really saw no point to that, and I only got a slight giggle out of it.

Overall, I'd have to say that it had a lot of parallels to ID4. Not a bad thing, I enjoyed the hell out of that one, too. I won't see it again in theater, but that's just because the prices are so fucking ridiculous. I will certainly be buying the Blu-ray when it comes out though!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    There are plans for a sequel. The groundwork was laid in the first film. Hint: The scientist was an idiot for linking his brain to the kaiju collective...but that may be explored later.
    I actually feel like they could even make a game from it. For one, the movie takes place like 7 years after the initial sighting. On top of that, it continues after his brother dies 5 years later. So there are quite a few gaps where a video game could take place. I guess I'll just be optimistic about that :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

If you think about it, there are some really dumb things that happen in the movie.

The scenes were pretty awesome (i.e. huge robots fighting aliens) and I loved that part but the plot was total crap (worse than even Prometheus) and the acting was mediocre, at best. Then again, I only went to see robots fight aliens, never had high hopes about the story or characters. For plot I'd give it 2/10, for robots kicking alien asses 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    The scenes were pretty awesome (i.e. huge robots fighting aliens) and I loved that part but the plot was total crap (worse than even Prometheus) and the acting was mediocre, at best. Then again, I only went to see robots fight aliens, never had high hopes about the story or characters. For plot I'd give it 2/10, for robots kicking alien asses 8/10.
    Prometheus was hard to understand if you weren't an aliens fan, kind of hard to compare the two in that sense since pacific rim really has no backstory.

Deleted
    Pacific Rim is kept buzzing the whole internet after some epic comments made from critics like "the Star Wars of our generation" and Kojima-san's comments for it. I need to see it do you recommend 3D?

Quote Originally Posted by undertaken316 View Post
    I need to see it do you recommend 3D?
    I just got home from the cinema. The movie was great. Packed full with cliches (and stereotypes), but very fun to watch. I recommend watching it in the best 3D available. It's very colorful and looks great in IMAX.

Deleted
    I saw it in 2D about half an hour ago, would definitely recommend 3D just to experience better colors etc. The film was incredible. It was cliché in places but it felt deliberately cliché to take the piss out of similar genre films, while still maintaining FUCKING INCREDIBLE action. If you're gonna see a movie this month, make it this. Will be going back to watch it again in 3D tomorrow.

so they finally made an action movie for Neon Genesis Evangelion :P?

gonna watch it when ill have the time
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    so they finally made an action movie for Neon Genesis Evangelion :P?

gonna watch it when ill have the time
    After seeing the movie, some of the Evangelion comparisons aren't valid, while others might be depending on how you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anshinritsumai View Post
    After seeing the movie, some of the Evangelion comparisons aren't valid, while others might be depending on how you look at it.
    The only comparison is that they are linked in such a way that they feel pain if their charge is struck. That's where it ends, likely.

Also about a sequel: The aliens may reverse engineer what remains of the Gypsy Danger to build robots, while Earth may reverse engineer the remains of the kaijus to build kaijus of their own. So the sequel may pit alien giant robots vs friendly kaijus!

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    After watching this, did anyone else think about War of the Monsters? That GAME WAS AWESOME!!!! I mean what's better than watching robots and Kaiju fighting in cities with thousands of people and not giving a damn? THIS MOVIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoabutterz View Post
    If you think about it, there are some really dumb things that happen in the movie.
    I underlined the important bit.

You don't go to a Fireworks show on the 4th of July for deep pondering of thoughts.

This movie gets a pass on that because, well, it's trailers/ads are not trying to make it out to be anything more than a visual spectacle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anshinritsumai View Post
    It's an Omage to all Anime Robot/kaiju, not just Evangelion (which IS a valid comparison in some cases). There's traces of everything from Robotech to Giant Robo to Voltron to various specific Godzilla movies (particularly the lobster Kaiju looking REMARKABLY similar to Ebira from "Godzilla Vs the Sea Monster".)

Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Prometheus was hard to understand if you weren't an aliens fan, kind of hard to compare the two in that sense since pacific rim really has no backstory.
    Prometheus's problem was that most of the characters were supposed to be brilliant professional scientists, and yet were completely retarded.

I saw it today, Action was top notch but had too much lackluster story for it to be great. I feel like they should've cut out a lot of the back stories. For a movie like that you need just enough plot to move the action along. I felt like this had a kind of identity crisis on whether it wanted to be just an action romp or have a decent story, by putting effort into both categories I felt like the movie was worse than it could've been. Honestly whenever there was character "development" I was just looking at my watch. Not to mention the shoe horned sexual tension that was just awful.