1. #1

    Challange mode and gear scaling......

    Hello everyone,
    could someone help me a bit explaning how the gear is scaling down into challenge mode? i just read that the secondary stats are nerfed by approx 30%, but i also read that your primary stat is only slightly nerfed down.......and what about the weapons/trinkets procs?
    With my guild we are trying the gold medal (missed it for 37 sec in last run, dammnitXD).
    Thank you very much for the help

  2. #2
    Items are simply scaled down to 463 ilevel and the stats automatically follow. That being said, you won't lose the hit/exp caps.

  3. #3
    so all your stats will be nerfed? i'm just asking cause i dont know if is a good idea waste the gold for the Relic of Yu'lon or stay with the Alchemist trinket as a mage.

  4. #4
    All gear is scaled to Ilvl 463. It is as simple as that.

  5. #5
    The Relic will be scaled down to 463 ilvl and both the passive intellect on it and the proc will be nerfed. However, the relic is most likely still BiS for challenge modes, because of the amazing stats. The alchemist trinket is pretty bad for challenge modes, since the trinket is 450 ilvl, and items won't be upgraded, only downgraded.

  6. #6
    thank you very much for the info

  7. #7
    Actually, alchemist trinket is 458 ilvl (466 upgraded). While being as powerful as 489 ilvl alternatives, that get scaled down a lot, I'd say alchemist trinket is probably your second best choice for challenge modes after Relic.
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

  8. #8
    Blademaster Seabert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    33
    Everything gets scaled down to 463 indeed but as a dps you still keep your hit cap, you just lose a bit more from the other stats. This happens so that one wouldn't have to reforge etc. for the challenge runs.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpurin View Post
    The Relic will be scaled down to 463 ilvl and both the passive intellect on it and the proc will be nerfed. However, the relic is most likely still BiS for challenge modes, because of the amazing stats. The alchemist trinket is pretty bad for challenge modes, since the trinket is 450 ilvl, and items won't be upgraded, only downgraded.
    Yeah....ok clueless nelly.

    Alchemist trinket is BiS for challenge modes.
    Upgrade it to ilvl 466 with Justice Points.
    Enjoy the trinket = to Light of Cosmos N (at least for locks) in challenge modes.
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gootgot View Post
    Alchemist trinket is BiS for challenge modes.
    Upgrade it to ilvl 466 with Justice Points.
    Enjoy the trinket = to Light of Cosmos N (at least for locks) in challenge modes.
    That heavily depends on what they play. For some classes the static mastery is awful and a straight forward DPS loss comparatively.
    Gone until the next expansion.

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,220
    How does set bonus and gear with socket bonus scale down?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    How does set bonus and gear with socket bonus scale down?
    I believe set bonuses are deactivated.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

  13. #13
    Set bonuses are deactivated however gems and socket bonus will not even get scaled down which means you have a crazy advantage if you have gear with 2 gems in almost every piece and of course using the legendary gem will also help a ton.

  14. #14
    Some item slots actually have more stats than their 463 counterparts if a 483(?, maybe 496) item is downgraded in those slots. I believe there was a thread on this forum about it, but I have noticed that Helm/Chest/Gloves and something else have higher stats than a normal 463 heroic piece.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiyoken View Post
    Some item slots actually have more stats than their 463 counterparts if a 483(?, maybe 496) item is downgraded in those slots. I believe there was a thread on this forum about it, but I have noticed that Helm/Chest/Gloves and something else have higher stats than a normal 463 heroic piece.
    Im pretty sure thats due to gems and socket bonuses as I already explained.

  16. #16
    I don't think that's it, however my belt/legs/chest with more sockets than the normal 463 heroic items actually has slightly less agility than the heroic pieces.

    But in the case of my helm/shoulders/boots
    463 Heroic Windblast Helm has 659 agi/1349 stam (with two sockets).
    My 496 Eternal Blossom Headguard has 723 Agi/1349 stam (also with two sockets).

    463 Doubtridden Shoulderguards has 588 agi
    My 496 Eternal Blossom Shoulderguards has 609 stam (both items have one socket)

    463 Dashing Strike Treads has 588 agi
    My 496 Boots of the Still Breath has 609 agi

    Boots/shoulder socket bonus is different


    And you posted one thing incorrect - the Sha Touched gem is disabled for Challenge modes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •