Deleted

[Prot] Sha-touched Sword vs Amber Shaper Scimitar

Hey,

So I'm in the situation where I have the Amber Shaper's Scimitar (name evades me) and sooner or later a Sha-touched sword will turn up. Our first drop will go to our fury warrior, but if a second one occurs then it's as good as mine. The question is, is it better than the scimitar?

Assuming non-upgraded normal modes, with +500 strength in the sha-touched and +160 mastery/+120 stamina in the scimitar, the stats are as follows:

[Stats] : [scim] / [sha] / [difference]
    Strength: 444 / 1024 / +580
    Stamina: 906 / 786 / -120
    Hit: 315 / 355 / +40
    Mastery: 521 / 341 / -180

Obviously, strength results in parry and threat, but is the extra mastery actually worth more than the strength bonus? Coupled with a bit of stamina, it's not to be sniffed at, surely? To make the scimitar stronger, I think the stat weights would have to show mastery being ~3.2 times stronger than strength, is this the case?

Personally I'd hang on to them both and swap them around based on why our group was struggling with the latest encounter. It's no bad thing to be able to up personal dps by a small amount in exchange for a bit of mitigation. And that's a nice tiny difference in hit, so it'd be nice to swap to an upgrade in one slot and not have to reforge your whole outfit.

Deleted
    once you've done the Black prince part 2, you'll get a prismatic socket for your sha touched weapon, in which case it's the champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    currently anyway, scimitar gives more mastery from the socket bonus, and well a gem that isnt strenght, since its scales utterly bad for prot, considering the amounts of ap we are sitting on with vengeance, 500 str is probably not gonna be noticeable even..

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    once you've done the Black prince part 2, you'll get a prismatic socket for your sha touched weapon, in which case it's the champion.
    OHOI! does that mean we get the sha touched socket, + a prismatic socket? or just that we can have whatever gem we want in the sha touched slot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haaz View Post
    currently anyway, scimitar gives more mastery from the socket bonus, and well a gem that isnt strenght, since its scales utterly bad for prot, considering the amounts of ap we are sitting on with vengeance, 500 str is probably not gonna be noticeable even..

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 05:46 PM ----------

OHOI! does that mean we get the sha touched socket, + a prismatic socket? or just that we can have whatever gem we want in the sha touched slot?
    It means you'll get an extra socket in which we can place any possible gem ontop of the already socketed Sha Gem

http://www.wowhead.com/item=93403

So, while the Scimitar is better initially due to the blue slot, it seems like having the Jaws of Terror will be a better option in the long run. As you can see, you get a prismatic socket, and who knows what else you can get for the weapon later on in the expansion.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea it will clearly be superior with the prismatic socket.. atm the downside is - 30 mastery (from the socket bonus) + missing the blue gem slot (haste+hit for me )
    I found the extra strenght on the waepon helps out a bit on aoe snap threat tho.. wich is a big +

Deleted
    the sha touched weapon.....theres no comparison]

mastery isnt useful to as compared to haste so its not worth as much as you claim it to be...and the extra strength with the amount of haste you can reach will be of higher benefit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akrusLJ View Post
    the sha touched weapon.....theres no comparison]

mastery isnt useful to as compared to haste so its not worth as much as you claim it to be...and the extra strength with the amount of haste you can reach will be of higher benefit.
    That bolded bit and therefore your argument is incorrect. The argument is written up on the prot guide and on Theck's work - in terms of minimizing your damage, mastery and haste are pretty much the same. Difference is that haste gets you more damage and healing, mastery means you can fuck your rotation up and not break a sweat other than simply dying. Both builds get used but more go for haste due to the nature of being able to hit buttons at a reasonable pace.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.