Building new computer-down to last piece the desk

So I've been gathering pieces for my new computer the past few weeks, getting black friday deals and such. And now I'm trying to find a new computer desk.
    I am very picky when it comes to what I want. I have been searching the local office stores for a simple desk and on amazon and other such websites yet have not found anything.
    I hate the little keyboard pull out thing, which most desks seem to come with. And I do not like to have anything underneath the desk (minus the case/cords/etc). All I really want is a flat surface that can hold the computer/keyboard/mouse/speakers. It's not much but surprisingly they don't sell very many desks like that and the ones I have found are really small. I want it to be about 6ft wide give or take. I don't mind a corner desk with like 3 feet going left and 3 feet off to my right.
    I only have a laptop that I have used for the past 6 years so I have never really had to worry about a desk because I had my "lap"

Do you guys have any input/suggestions for a plain and simple desk? Or anything you guys have used when building a new computer? Space really isn't an issue since I will be putting the new desktop in an empty room.

Thanks for the input guys and gals!

If you want something done right, do it yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Stylepoints View Post
    I hate the little keyboard pull out thing, which most desks seem to come with.

And I do not like to have anything underneath the desk (minus the case/cords/etc).

All I really want is a flat surface that can hold the computer/keyboard/mouse/speakers.

I want it to be about 6ft wide give or take.
    http://www.costco.com/Alera-Folding-....11517601.html

I don't recall them being that expensive though.

If I'm looking for minimal furniture I usually go to DWR. They have a couple of options that sound like what you're looking for but it might be out of your budget. Their stuff isn't cheap.

I had one of their 'homework desks' a couple of years ago at work. Well built - looked great - I probably wouldn't have spent my own money on it, but when the company is footing the bill...

#1 you don't need to attach the keyboard tray your building it...

#2 it is a desk put the keyboard on top of it.

L shaped corner desk just dont attach the keyboard tray, they are actually optional.