10+ Year Old Account

[Guardian] talents tier 3 and 5.

im having problems trying to figure out which ones i should use. seems to me the majority of them are kinda crappy for raiding since none of them really effect bosses. hoping someone could point out which would be better and why. Currently im using faerie swarm in t3 and ursol's vortex in t5.

For tier 3, I prefer Typhoon over Faerie Swarm. While the latter is a ranged slow, Guardians already have an effective slow in Infected Wounds. (Plus, slows aren't exactly scarce in a raiding environment.) Conversely, forced movement a la Typhoon will keep certain [likely already slowed] adds off you at times, giving you time to breath, if need be. It's also useful as an interrupt against caster trash.

As for tier 5, it depends. I most often go with Mighty Bash as I often use it while questing or in PvP, but it also has its uses in fights where there's a single, strong add that can be stunned. Disorienting Roar, on the other hand, has its uses when dealing with trash or groups of adds, and is especially useful against casters, interrupting them. I haven't used Ursol's Vortex enough to really know when best to use it (and I imagine you haven't either), but in most cases, Typhoon is more than enough in keeping adds off of you. I'd go with one of the other two.

Deleted
    You can use Ursol's Vortex to slow anything others would usually slow, ie. p2 adds on elegon or emperor's courage on will. The 'knockback' effect of vortex will however not work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also prefer Typhoon as yet another opportunity to interrupt, and for the same reason i switch often between Mighty Bash and Disorienting roars and use them to interrupt as well.

although assuming targets can even be rooted, Mass Entanglement can be useful (the same way Ursol'd Vortex is) to control runners, i feel like interrupting casters comes up more often than rooting runners.

Talents situational. That's just how they work.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I have found Ursol's Vortex to be indispensible was on Rag- the deathgrip effect was very effect on handling adds, and if placed right, could easily take care of an entire side.

Might be useful on Elegon, dunno. Otherwise, its a small radius 50% slow for 10 seconds, so use it like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Typhoon is almost universally better than the other 2 options.

T5 you will switch between Bash and UV depending on your needs (Bash is great for Lei Shi).

For the record: Typhoon also applies a 6s 50% slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the help everyone!