Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In vanilla and tbc the community was a lot stronger and encounters were not easy. After TBC, Blizz changed their course and wanted everyone to be able to experience the raid content they make. One keyword for me is epic. Epic no longer is epic, because everyone has access to them.

Because they have an opinion that stems from a playstyle that we did not experience, it's completely understandable. The direction and aim of WoW end game shifted violently from BC to Wrath, people that missed BC, like you and I, will never have the experiences that people who did play in BC.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Because we are awesome of course :P

it's similar to the reason why your grandparents/ parents say stuff like "back in my day"

But yet even if i don't mind the current community it was considerably different in vanilla/ tbc and alot of people think that the cause of the change was because of the people that joined in wotlk where as actually it was blizzard :P
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2012-12-13 at 10:00 AM.

Don't sweat it. It's just people trying to assert some nonexistent superiority. They're just frightened by the knowledge that they don't matter more than the next person.

I started in TBC but for me, it's your personality that counts. Someone approachable who started in Cataclysm/MoP > Haughty selfish player who started in Vanilla.

Once again, not everyone is like that.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    how i could do T5 but not t4? what? where's your logic xD

and as about ZG,AQ,1-2 it didnt reward it unless you had loot from the last boss of the instance equiped. :P

Same for the vanilla/tbc/ dungeons & hc's
    arena gear? hurp durp
    People got boosted all the time in tiers. We boosted fresh 70s in BT year farm all the time in their piss T4ish/5man gear.

Also starting in TBC and vanilla isn't what matters people. If you got stuck in kara people aren't talking about you. They are talking about people who cleared sunwell and C'thun and into naxx in vanilla.

Farming sunwell trash doesn't make you a TBC raiding veteran.

also nothing has shifted for hardcore players.

A large majority outside like 5 bosses were even difficult in TBC or even vanilla.

Just like Ulduar had alot of difficult bosses, Arthas H25 was difficult/Halion25H, T11 was very difficult to 13/13H, RagnarosH, and now in T14 some encounters are also challenging, Prenerf spirit kings, Grand empressH~ not really hard but still excellent, Sha of Fear H soon.

People crying about TBC was harder and better are normal mode players who very likely didn't even clear the raids they are bragging about.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-12-13 at 10:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrrildur View Post
    In vanilla and tbc the community was a lot stronger and encounters were not easy. After TBC, Blizz changed their course and wanted everyone to be able to experience the raid content they make. One keyword for me is epic. Epic no longer is epic, because everyone has access to them.
    Welfare epics started in BC... justsayin... yes, that was the beginning of the whole "dungeons give epics, purchasable epics with tokens" debacle. Don't pretend otherwise. In fact, the ONLY expansion with a primary tier of heroic dungeons that did NOT drop epics was Cataclysm... even now in MoP, the epics are extremely rare from heroic dungeons.

And I never quite bought the whole "epic isn't epic anymore." Raids still give better gear than dailies, heroics, LFR... basically, anything that isn't raiding. The gear itself from raids is quantifiably better... yet people whine about the color of the name their gear is?

Colorblind players must be so much happier.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Cause vanilla players know something you dont OP; simple as that.

We know what vanilla/TBC had VS what wow has now, and if its better or worser from our, now old POV.

Knowing something makes you question other things etc.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Because "Hurr, we know the core of the game, you didn't see what we have!" or "Noob, you haven't downed anything hardcore, have you?", shit like that.

I started in Vanilla and even I think it's bullshit when people act like that. It's not a matter of when you started playing, it's a matter of having fun. If one thinks easy is fun, he is allowed to, if one thinks hard is fun, he is also allowed to. In short, it's called discipline and respect. Just because I started in Vanilla doesn't make me better than the rest. Sure, I'm proud I got to experience Vanilla, but does that make me better than one who started in Cataclysm? Well, no. There are tons of people who started in Wrath that has perfected their class more than I have, even people of the same class. There are a handful of people who downed Lich King HC in Wrath, a thing I couldn't do.

The date someone started doesn't earn him/her any more skills, rights or prestige than the rest. Maybe a little more experience, but if someone joined in Wrath he'd already have caught up with him now. The game isn't that advanced, and classes are revamped each expansion, it's not hard to catch up with people from previous expansions. Believe me when I say, people that joined in TBC was also looked down on at the start of Wrath, because TBC was also easier than Vanilla, with what started the "welfare epics" argument. Death and Taxes, one of the most hardcore Vanilla raiding guilds, who were the first to down the Four Horsemen in Naxx, disbanded in TBC because they thought the content was too easy, and that was after they downed Kil'jaeden.

As a Vanilla player I can say that the game had a lot of stuff it doesn't have now, but removing those things have only made sense. The game has only progressed forward.

The people I have respect for are the people who have respect for other.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-12-13 at 10:23 AM.

One thing that I cannot help but find ironic is that the cause of some of the things "wrath babies" came to expect were a result of TBC era complaints.
    tl;dr Is just another way of saying I am about to troll

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Welfare epics started in BC... justsayin... yes, that was the beginning of the whole "dungeons give epics, purchasable epics with tokens" debacle. Don't pretend otherwise. In fact, the ONLY expansion with a primary tier of heroic dungeons that did NOT drop epics was Cataclysm... even now in MoP, the epics are extremely rare from heroic dungeons.

And I never quite bought the whole "epic isn't epic anymore." Raids still give better gear than dailies, heroics, LFR... basically, anything that isn't raiding. The gear itself from raids is quantifiably better... yet people whine about the color of the name their gear is?

Colorblind players must be so much happier.
    You know whats welfare? Sitting afk while 39 people kill a boring boss with 1 mechanic while you try not to fall asleep and collect a purple for doing so if you are so lucky.

SKILL

One thing that I really regret from the TBC era (didn't play vanilla) is the fact that a realm was a realm. You never played with people from other realms (except versus them in arenas / bgs). When you started a dungeon, you felt some sort of "commitment" to finish it, you never had 4/5 people leaving on first wipe. You had to give a good image of yourself and your guild. Now that you never play with people on your realm (except from your guild), there's not that feeling anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know whats welfare? Sitting afk while 39 people kill a boring boss with 1 mechanic while you try not to fall asleep and collect a purple for doing so if you are so lucky.

SKILL
    Melee bandaged the ranged!

Totally hardcore strategy, right?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
    One thing that I really regret from the TBC era (didn't play vanilla) is the fact that a realm was a realm. You never played with people from other realms (except versus them in arenas / bgs). When you started a dungeon, you felt some sort of "commitment" to finish it, you never had 4/5 people leaving on first wipe. You had to give a good image of yourself and your guild. Now that you never play with people on your realm (except from your guild), there's not that feeling anymore.
    You had to know who could cut what gem. :3

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 10:19 AM ----------

Entire boss fights in vanilla and TBC are just small mechanic or an adds mechanics of boss fights in current wow.

The game is harder and the game has evolved for the better. If it's easy stop doing normal modes then.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 10:19 AM ----------

Entire boss fights in vanilla and TBC are just small mechanic or an adds mechanics of boss fights in current wow.

The game is harder and the game has evolved for the better. If it's easy stop doing normal modes then.
    Indeed. Old fights were little more than walls of damage to deal with... damage has been toned down in favor of mechanics. Show a fight like Alysraszor or hell, even Ryolith, to a player in Vanilla WoW, and they would have shit themselves.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    I'm not even gonna respond here, I don't talk to players that didn't start in vanilla.
    no wonder you have 113 post since 2009 :P

but OP, kinda been wondering my self, they must be hiding somewhere.

Exactly I remember I had that small book where I'd write who had this gem or that tailoring craft, I remember when in pug dungeons people would really share the loot (as in take what they need, DE the rest and share the mats), and not need on every single piece the game authorizes them to. People would not kill a first boss and leave straight away.

Also, Heroic mechanar or Heroic Shadow Labyrinth would take 'some' kind of skill (had to do some CC at least when in blue gear), now dungeons are just aoe trash smashing and then single target a boss whose abilities you don't even care about because they do shit.

Remember when you actually had to use certain spells (spell reflect, fear ward) or wanted at least 1 or 2 "cc classes" (yeah because except mage and rogue nobody had correct CC at the time)

I do regret that time when you had to use some other spells than AoE on trash. Trash now just feel like a fill-up to make raids slower.

PS : Don't get my nostalgia wrong. I don't care if jack or peter started in BC or Wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

MMO players seem to be horribly insecure and like to assert their superiority over other players whenever they can.

Yes, I understand this post can be interpreted as above.

True it does matter, cus gives u as a player full view of current game state.

Now how often it happend for tank or healer to leave dungeon group cus its going slow, cus u have one guy who just dinged max lv and doing his first/second hc... its happening often.

How often can u see ppl cry about loot, its going all the time.

For sure im not better player or person cus i played longer its just annoying for those ppl playing since vanila to listen all this crap that ppl wine now having mostly no clue how fucking eazsy everything is now!

There was no bots, no crying, alot more efort to have anything, epics was much more epic then they are now. Leveling was part of the game. 100% mounts at lv 60 was one of coolest things. Prolly for alot off ppl game was much more fun then its now, still sadly only choice! cus mmo market overally sucks, most game dun have respons time compered to wow, or lore, or anything else so as much as i loved vanila i still play even now with some break thru cata cus i couldnt stand it...

Quote Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
    Exactly I remember I had that small book where I'd write who had this gem or that tailoring craft, I remember when in pug dungeons people would really share the loot (as in take what they need, DE the rest and share the mats), and not need on every single piece the game authorizes them to. People would not kill a first boss and leave straight away.

Also, Heroic mechanar or Heroic Shadow Labyrinth would take 'some' kind of skill (had to do some CC at least when in blue gear), now dungeons are just aoe trash smashing and then single target a boss whose abilities you don't even care about because they do shit.

Remember when you actually had to use certain spells (spell reflect, fear ward) or wanted at least 1 or 2 "cc classes" (yeah because except mage and rogue nobody had correct CC at the time)

I do regret that time when you had to use some other spells than AoE on trash. Trash now just feel like a fill-up to make raids slower.

PS : Don't get my nostalgia wrong. I don't care if jack or peter started in BC or Wrath.
    Excuse me, we don't talk about heroic Slabs and arc around these parts. They are forbidden.

Also you don't do dark portal without mage biscuits.

We shit bricks for Botanica daily because 7 badges is godmode. Crypts sucks dick 2 badges for 1 hour FML and peopel though halls of stone was bad.

I remember heroic Shattered Halls being really difficult too. Although maybe I just avoided it because there weren't any important quests there.