Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't like players with an over-inflated sense of entitlement thinking epics should be spawning in an inn for them to loot. People tend to assume I am a Vanilla player because of this viewpoint (which I am not). Think that says a lot about gamer mentality these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    and i take it you didnt raid t12456 and 6.5
    So? Someone that knows how to play the game well now is more "valuable" to a raiding guild than someone who knew how to play the game well five years ago.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    People that played in BC still play?

I kid. I kid.

Yeah the ones that are very bitter but cant quit, because of there addiction too the game
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

and i take it you didnt raid t12456 and 6.5
    Less then 0.5% of wow's pop at those times did. I must ask you to please prove you was in the 0.5% who did before making that claim.

It is clear raids now are harder due to the simple fact you have to do way more now then what you had to back then.
    The only thing that would even make them harder is to gear up new members to get them into the raids.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 07:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Syio View Post
    I don't like players with an over-inflated sense of entitlement thinking epics should be spawning in an inn for them to loot. People tend to assume I am a Vanilla player because of this viewpoint (which I am not). Think that says a lot about gamer mentality these days.
    But dose it really matter if they was blue color would you still be bitching about about.

All gear is to help you reach a goal and that has been there since wow/mmorpgs started blizzard just decided to change the color from blue to purple in heroic's.

If you want to show off what you got then get a legendary.

"This comment was not 100% at you by the way"
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-12-13 at 07:31 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

People will cling to whatever they can come up with when displaying their superiority on the internet.

15+ Year Old Account
    us vanilla veterans learned wow the hard way, no handfeeding, no nothing, we had to travel to get there, we had to learn to make it, tactics were only told or maybe written per chat, no video, back then you were lucky if you owned a tv, and the bugs, ooh so many bugs

i couldn´t care less when the fuck someone started playing, if he/she is nice, i´m fine with him/her, everyone else i try to kill
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    us vanilla veterans learned wow the hard way, no handfeeding, no nothing, we had to travel to get there, we had to learn to make it, tactics were only told or maybe written per chat, no video, back then you were lucky if you owned a tv, and the bugs, ooh so many bugs

i couldn´t care less when the fuck someone started playing, if he/she is nice, i´m fine with him/her, everyone else i try to kill
    And i go back to my original point "other mmo's was a lot harder then vanilla wow was and that those who raided in wow good chance they raided in other mmo's like everquest so they knew what they was doing"

As for you saying you where lucky if you owned a tv....I really hope that was a joke.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Less then 0.5% of wow's pop at those times did. I must ask you to please prove you was in the 0.5% who did before making that claim.

It is clear raids now are harder due to the simple fact you have to do way more now then what you had to back then.
    The only thing that would even make them harder is to gear up new members to get them into the raids.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%ADvine/simple

my old main

oh and i suppose ppl still farm mats to flasks and stuff and i know as i was CL back then that the the gearing wasnt the most annoying part, the attunements were pain in the ass if you wanted to get new members to the current raid tier
    Last edited by mmoca5d0a9f797; 2012-12-13 at 07:41 AM.

But dose it really matter if they was blue color would you still be bitching about about.

All gear is to help you reach a goal and that has been there since wow/mmorpgs started blizzard just decided to change the color from blue to purple in heroic's.

If you want to show off what you got then get a legendary.

"This comment was not 100% at you by the way"
    The whole bragging rights issue is a separate one. The fact that some players (doesn't matter Vanilla or Wrath-starters) think they should be spoonfed loot is what I've got issues with, not the whole seniority thing. The fact I am assumed an elitist Vanilla player (I started much later) for having this view also speaks volumes.
    Last edited by Syio; 2012-12-13 at 07:40 AM.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if you downed anything in a raid before the achievement system came out didn't it give it to you with the same date as the achievement system came out.

Cause if that is the case and that is what happen then you'r link has no achievement showing those kills ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    First off I'm going to admit that I began in mid-Wrath (August of 2009). I know some people are automatically going to not listen to anything I say now, but you're just validating my point.

Why is there this bias by a decent amount of veteran players (specifically those who began in Classic/BC) against anyone who began in Wrath/Cata/MoP? I seriously don't understand it. Going on to any sort of forum and saying that you began playing after BC is pretty much an invitation to be harassed and screamed at by the other people there. I've had numerous issues different times with elitist pricks who act all high and mighty JUST because they've been playing since BC or Classic.

I really don't get it.
    Humans want to be special, different then everybody else. We use different things to separate us from the majority.
    People will come with the color of their skin, shape of their body, accomplishments.. you name it and somewhere people will use it to make them feel superior to others.

In wow their was this thing that players would stand around in a major city just to show off their raid-gear or some awesome mount.
    These players (or some/most of them) didn't want any other player to obtain those.... well nowadays more and more players have access to these very special items.
    That is gone..... we read a lot of qq going on about this... welfare epics, bring back the grind, lfr = looking for retard etc etc etc.

Well now we have the xpacs... when did who start. Vanilla is the game as it was released and now that seems to be becoming "a thing".
    It is nothing special... but it can be used to separate players. I read somewhere "I had to run untill I was lvl 40 now Blizz is giving mounts on lvl 20".
    I mean that someone uses this says something... even this is used to separate players.

Humans just discriminate by nature (be it negative, neutral or positive).

Quote Originally Posted by Syio View Post
    The whole bragging rights issue is a separate one. The fact that some players (does matter Vanilla or Wrath-starters) think they should be spoonfed loot is what I've got issues with, not the whole seniority thing. The fact I am assumed an elitist Vanilla player (I started much later) for having this view also speaks volumes.
    No player that I have seen wants to be soonfed it they just want many different ways to get gear to do whatever Like soloing old content. they wished to do and i rarely defend blizzard but that is something there doing.

If wow stayed to the whole system of Quest/Dungeon/Raid break for a few months and repeat then wow would have a lower pop or dead.

There has to be change and as i said early'er you need normal raid gear to do heroic's it isn't like you can just go from normal and then faceroll heroic's "unless ur in a top world guild i guess"

Everything is still there just different ways of doing it. Only thing that can be said to be easy'er now then TBC is 5man dungeon's and we tryed TBC 2.0 Dungeons in cata and blizzard lost 3million subs cause of it.

5mans are a means to a end let people faceroll and enjoy them before the grind of Normal/Heroic raid kicks in.

Deleted
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if you downed anything in a raid before the achievement system came out didn't it give it to you with the same date as the achievement system came out.

Cause if that is the case and that is what happen then you'r link has no achievement showing those kills ever.
    you didnt get the achievement unless u had that tier gear equipped. + u should go to Feats Of Strength and scroll down to Hand Of A'dal/Knight-captain. that should tell atleast a bit

(hand of a'dal was achieved for Killing Lady vashj and Kael'thas for the attunement to BT or was it hyjal. meh cant remember)

Pfff easy one!
    Because WoW is seriouz bizzness!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%ADvine/simple

my old main

oh and i suppose ppl still farm mats to flasks and stuff and i know as i was CL back then that the the gearing wasnt the most annoying part, the attunements were pain in the ass if you wanted to get new members to the current raid tier
    That link just showed me that you didn't do t1-4

you didnt get the achievement unless u had that tier gear equipped. + u should go to Feats Of Strength and scroll down to Hand Of A'dal/Knight-captain. that should tell atleast a bit

(hand of a'dal was achieved for Killing Lady vashj and Kael'thas for the attunement to BT or was it hyjal. meh cant remember)
    True its late and I didn't think of looking for those so good point :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drack View Post
    That link just showed me that you didn't do t1-4
    how i could do T5 but not t4? what? where's your logic xD

and as about ZG,AQ,1-2 it didnt reward it unless you had loot from the last boss of the instance equiped. :P

Same for the vanilla/tbc/ dungeons & hc's
    Last edited by mmoca5d0a9f797; 2012-12-13 at 07:56 AM.

BC was hard, but players had patience
    Wrath was easier, new players got used to that, old players got used to it but still gripe
    Cata was hard, old players no longer exhibit patience but expect new players to magically know what to do from TBC and only worry about quickly finishing from Wrath days

srs, in TBC, people would help each other out to go faster. Now, it's entitled people who will drop a group if they hit a single snag.

Because mother Blizzard loves you more than us. :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Without sounding too much of a douche, it largely boils down to "Wrath Babies" being too demanding, bringing with them an era of entitlement because of it. This has a knock on effect in Cataclysm where the content was remotely challenging and the, largely "Wrath Baby" vocal minority, cried for nerfs which made almost all of the content outside of HC mode trivial.

That isn't to say that everyone who started post-BC is a Wrath Baby, but it is generally those who started after the launch of Wrath who call for nerfs quickest for the most trivial of things, such as Heroics, Quests, Rep gains and such. A further point I'd make is that if you're in favour of anything like those listed, it doesn't make you a Wrath Baby if you started in Vanilla through to Mists, it's just a sweeping generalisation that's stuck.
    I get this sense too. I can't speak to what the forum community was like back in Vanilla/BC (I was on Thottbot and Allakazham since Vanilla, but I didn't start looking at forums until Wrath). But the rate of everything has been accelerated compared to how it was in Vanilla.

Things had a steep difficulty/time curve. Now, all dungeon/heroic content gets beaten by a large portion of players within a week of EXPANSION launch. With RF, all the raid bosses are beaten in the same timeframe by a large portion of players. Normal/heroic raids are beaten within a week of launch by the medium+ core players. People get automatically boosted to the latest tier of content.

The only time they hotfixed something was when there was a game-breaking problem (Reck-bombing, ZG plague, unbeatable bosses, etc). Classes were incredibly imbalanced for years (AP+POM+Pyro 1shotting anyone, trollolol hunter deadzone, etc). Class balancing was relegated to major patches, 1-2 classes at a time, and were major overhauls that happened several months apart. Now, hotfixes for class balancing come multiple times a week. Although this started in TBC when Blizzard tried to push arenas as a serious esport.

Realms were down for 8-10 hrs EVERY Tuesday. Now, there are pages of complaints on the occasional extended maintenance when not a patch day. The fact that they call it "extended" now is a clear indication in the different mindset.

I'm not immune from the entitlement mentality. I like having DF/RF. I like having gear being easily accessible. I like it when the servers are down for only 15m every week. But for me, it's like enjoying a more leisurely pace in my "old" age.