Thread: Power Supply

Power Supply

Here is my Power supply http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...054&CatId=1483
    The top fan in it is seriously loud and I cleaned it and tried making sure it wasn't rubbing anything it won't quiet down. I removed it since it has a second fan and a heatsink. I don't think it will overheat but I'm not sure. Any opinions? Replacing it isn't an option at the moment

You should be fine, generally speaking, especially if your computer has good airflow...

That being said, I'm not sure I would use it for a long time without the fan, consider replacing it soon-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    You should be fine, generally speaking, especially if your computer has good airflow...

That being said, I'm not sure I would use it for a long time without the fan, consider replacing it soon-ish.
    I'd be terrified to use that in my pc. Diablotek

I honestly didn't click the link, I would be terrified of having a Diablotek PSU in my PC as well, I had one in a desktop PC that literally caught on fire at work.

I would invest into a better psu since going cheap isn't a good idea if your using this for a key system but if you cant get a replacement at the moment i would just grin and bare it for now till you can. chances are the ball baring are off kilter

Lol just replace that PSU. Makes me think if that psu is on fire and you're going out, what's going to happen with your house? :P

Quote Originally Posted by yukikochan View Post
    I would invest into a better psu since going cheap isn't a good idea if your using this for a key system but if you cant get a replacement at the moment i would just grin and bare it for now till you can. chances are the ball baring are off kilter
    Antec has cheap solutions, Ive had to run out and grab 300-500w PSU's @ $30~ only ever think to grab antec in those situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Antec has cheap solutions, Ive had to run out and grab 300-500w PSU's @ $30~ only ever think to grab antec in those situations.
    Antec makes great psu's. I have a truepower 2 650w which is still working perfect after 4-5years.