1. #1

    Dailies Repeating?

    So, on Kil'Jaeden(US) I've been doing my Shado Pan and August Celestial dailies rather regularly and things have gotten a bit odd.

    I'm on Day 4 of "Attack at the Temple of the Jade Serpent" and the Yaungol/Mantid (ghosts/firebomb) quests. Like four days of two different rotating daily hubs not rotating anymore.

    This happening with any other servers, lately?
    Gone until the next expansion.

  2. #2
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    181
    RNG is RNG hate to say, have had same set of dailies 5 days in a row once. Sucks a bit, but yah.. sorta how it goes on occasion. On bright side, at least am only working on the newest ones, exalted w/the rest.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaah View Post
    RNG is RNG hate to say
    While I really don't mind repeats (makes it even easier to do it fast and thoughtlessly) I wasn't aware they randomized the hubs in such a lazy way. Any decent designer would avoid a system that would stack duplicate events like that. Especially since it's server-wide not down to the individual.

    But yeah, confirmation that it's happened before is good to hear. I thought maybe 5.1 bugged those hubs out.
    Gone until the next expansion.

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire tidus4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    C'thuns Stomach
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    So, on Kil'Jaeden(US) I've been doing my Shado Pan and August Celestial dailies rather regularly and things have gotten a bit odd.

    I'm on Day 4 of "Attack at the Temple of the Jade Serpent" and the Yaungol/Mantid (ghosts/firebomb) quests. Like four days of two different rotating daily hubs not rotating anymore.

    This happening with any other servers, lately?
    I had 1 quest left for "Champion of Chi'ji" achievement for August Celestials, already exalted. I had to wait 4 weeks for the Chi'ji daily to show up again, checking every day.
    "This is my story,
    It'll go the way I want,
    Or I'll end it here!" - Tidus (FFX)

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    I had 1 quest left for "Champion of Chi'ji" achievement for August Celestials, already exalted. I had to wait 4 weeks for the Chi'ji daily to show up again, checking every day.
    That's friggin brutal. This is why it shouldn't allow duplicates while still shuffling.
    Gone until the next expansion.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    I had 1 quest left for "Champion of Chi'ji" achievement for August Celestials, already exalted. I had to wait 4 weeks for the Chi'ji daily to show up again, checking every day.
    I'm in the same situation now, past days have only given me Defense at Niuzao. I haven't completed them, but I doubt that makes a difference, it's just RNG. Been raiding Molten Core since Vanilla and been soloing it nearly weekly since WotLK and I've still never seen a Thunderfury piece drop (compared to three Eyes of Sulfuras).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

  7. #7
    Immortal Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7,282
    Its all RNG I remember doing the same 2 dailies group for a week and wondered why turns out, I just had shitty luck on the roll as my characters didn't have the same dailies as my main.

  8. #8
    just how RNG works, bet no-one has ever made a post about how great it is when they've got the exact dailies they wanted everyday but i bet it happens

  9. #9
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    While I really don't mind repeats (makes it even easier to do it fast and thoughtlessly) I wasn't aware they randomized the hubs in such a lazy way. Any decent designer would avoid a system that would stack duplicate events like that.
    tbh, in that case it wouldn't be RNG really but a rotation. especially with AC sets, since there's only 3. I like the randomness tbh, sometimes you get a few that you don't like in a row but you also get a few that you do like. It's fine... (and I still say this after having had a streak of 5 times with the horrible Klaxxi set on the southern island, my personal dislike)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •