Question about Static-Caster's Medallion

I just wanted to ask a question about the new trinket Static-Caster's Medallion. It gives 1152 haste, which is more than Light of cosmos and has a 3838 int on use effect with a 1min CD (unless WoWhead is lying to me). I looked around the forums, and nobody really brought up this trinket. I was wondering if this trinket is better than the Light of Cosmos trinket and the Essence of Terror. I read some posts about how the proc effects on the two items is pretty bad, so wouldn't this new one with a controlled use be better for DPS up time? This is kinda my first post, so any thoughts or comment would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Disrupt21 View Post
    I just wanted to ask a question about the new trinket Static-Caster's Medallion. It gives 1152 haste, which is more than Light of cosmos and has a 3838 int on use effect with a 1min CD (unless WoWhead is lying to me). I looked around the forums, and nobody really brought up this trinket. I was wondering if this trinket is better than the Light of Cosmos trinket and the Essence of Terror. I read some posts about how the proc effects on the two items is pretty bad, so wouldn't this new one with a controlled use be better for DPS up time? This is kinda my first post, so any thoughts or comment would be appreciated
    Light of the Cosmos is superior by quite a bit, actually. Its ICD is pretty low for how strong the proc is (only 45 seconds), and it lasts for 5 seconds longer than the Medallion. Meaning that the average amount of Int that you get from LotC is much much higher than Medallion's is. Even if you only have the LFR level of LotC, it's stronger than almost any other trinket out there for Affliction.

spend your valor on upgrading a heroic light