Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Amber shaper heroic

    Fight seems simple enough but I have a few questions. We're pretty much on track for a kill, with plenty of stacks on the boss.

    Phase 1:
    How many reshapes do you go through? Is it beneficial to allow more just to get more stacks on the boss?
    How many pools do you carry over to phase 2? We kept adjusting to get more and more, but a direct answer may help.

    Phase 2:
    Do you put stacks on the boss, or the monstrosity?
    I'm assuming that because the pool gives 50 will in last phase, you keep up 1-2 pools?

    Phase 3:
    Since the orb thing only affects the main target, can you just run through each other and have to dissipate in the middle of the room?
    Does the orb thing choose targets randomly or based on proximity?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    115
    Just a tactic that worked for us:
    Phase 1:
    We did 5-6 reshapes. Nobody is dpsing the boss before 3rd reshape, just stack. We went to phase 2 with 6 pools.
    Phase 2:
    We aimed for 4 reshapes in P2, bloodlust when 3rd reshape ends. Continue stacking on boss and monstrosity. We didnt leave pools for P3 because it lasted only about 20-25 seconds for us then boss died.
    I survived 2010 Summer in Moscow without leaving city for a single day!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Galufio View Post
    Just a tactic that worked for us:
    Phase 1:
    We did 5-6 reshapes. Nobody is dpsing the boss before 3rd reshape, just stack. We went to phase 2 with 6 pools.
    Phase 2:
    We aimed for 4 reshapes in P2, bloodlust when 3rd reshape ends. Continue stacking on boss and monstrosity. We didnt leave pools for P3 because it lasted only about 20-25 seconds for us then boss died.
    Did you stagger or just instant kill the small adds in p2? And how many stacks did you have doing it this way in p3?

    And by 6 pools do you mean, 2 extra + 4 that just came or 6 extra + 4 that just came.

  4. #4
    Phase 1:
    We either allow 4 (ideal) or 5 reshape life spells in phase 1. Whether we do 4 or 5 just depends on which tank gets reshaped first because we decided to let always the same tank do the phase-2-construct-job. That being said, we're not doing more than 3 because we want to get more stacks on the boss (that's a nice side-effect, but not necessary) but because we want enough amber scalpels in phase 1 (we need about 7 in phase 1 and phase 2 combined to feed our permanent construct to survive until phase 3 with about 3-5 pools/blobs remaining for the last mile).

    Phase 2:
    The reshaped tank from phase 1 puts stacks on the boss and the monstrosity. It's his job to make sure that neither of the two debuffs runs out. The randomly reshaped players only put stacks on the monstrosity and ensure that each explosion of the amber monstrosity is interrupted, so that the reshaped tank doesn't have to worry about that, too (yes, this works).

    Phase 3:
    Using this tactic, the boss should have between 40 and 50 stacks when phase 3 starts. This is easy now. Just zerg him down. You barely have to pay attention to the orbs. They fixate on a random player. In our case, we just get one set of orbs when the boss is nearly down, so we let the fixated players just kite them.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Oghqt View Post
    Phase 1:
    We either allow 4 (ideal) or 5 reshape life spells in phase 1. Whether we do 4 or 5 just depends on which tank gets reshaped first because we decided to let always the same tank do the phase-2-construct-job. That being said, we're not doing more than 3 because we want to get more stacks on the boss (that's a nice side-effect, but not necessary) but because we want enough amber scalpels in phase 1 (we need about 7 in phase 1 and phase 2 combined to feed our permanent construct to survive until phase 3 with about 3-5 pools/blobs remaining for the last mile).

    Phase 2:
    The reshaped tank from phase 1 puts stacks on the boss and the monstrosity. It's his job to make sure that neither of the two debuffs runs out. The randomly reshaped players only put stacks on the monstrosity and ensure that each explosion of the amber monstrosity is interrupted, so that the reshaped tank doesn't have to worry about that, too (yes, this works).

    Phase 3:
    Using this tactic, the boss should have between 40 and 50 stacks when phase 3 starts. This is easy now. Just zerg him down. You barely have to pay attention to the orbs. They fixate on a random player. In our case, we just get one set of orbs when the boss is nearly down, so we let the fixated players just kite them.
    You say 7 scalpels but how many pools is that going in to phase 2.

    Thanks

  6. #6
    I'm not 100% sure but I think each amber scalpel spawns 4 or 5 blobs. In phase 1, we let each reshaped tank drink 2 pools so that they have enough will power to stay long enough in the construct so that the debuff doesn't run out between the reshape life spells. During phase 2 the boss continues to cast amber scalpel. So again, I'm not 100% sure, but I think we let him cast 3 times amber scalpel in phase 1, which translates to about 12-15 blobs. If you subtract the pools that have to be used by the reshaped tanks in phase 1 (4x 2 =8), we enter phase 2 with 4-7 blobs.

    However, please take these numbers with a grain of salt. They work for us, i.e. for our DPS in phase 2 and our raid composition (I'm talking about cleave/bombing classes for the blobs). If you're pulling more or less DPS you may find out that you either need more or less blobs/pools/amber scalpels.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Oghqt View Post
    I'm not 100% sure but I think each amber scalpel spawns 4 or 5 blobs. In phase 1, we let each reshaped tank drink 2 pools so that they have enough will power to stay long enough in the construct so that the debuff doesn't run out between the reshape life spells. During phase 2 the boss continues to cast amber scalpel. So again, I'm not 100% sure, but I think we let him cast 3 times amber scalpel in phase 1, which translates to about 12-15 blobs. If you subtract the pools that have to be used by the reshaped tanks in phase 1 (4x 2 =8), we enter phase 2 with 4-7 blobs.

    However, please take these numbers with a grain of salt. They work for us, i.e. for our DPS in phase 2 and our raid composition (I'm talking about cleave/bombing classes for the blobs). If you're pulling more or less DPS you may find out that you either need more or less blobs/pools/amber scalpels.
    Ok that makes more sense. We were on track stack wise almost near 45-50 going into phase 3 without any dropping from phase 1 to end of 2. We started running into issues with pools toward the end of 2, so having 4+ sounds like a good idea. Do you guys all just kill the small adds as they come, or do you assign 1-2 people? Overall, I think we pretty much have it. Seems like once you have P2, the fight is pretty much over as it becomes a Wind lord burn type of thing.

  8. #8
    To continue into p2 and 3 with a tank permanently as a construct, are you 2 or 3 tanking? My raid group seems to think that requires 3 tanking to manage aggro during flings. Id be interested to know how you handle that if 2 tanking.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Ok that makes more sense. We were on track stack wise almost near 45-50 going into phase 3 without any dropping from phase 1 to end of 2. We started running into issues with pools toward the end of 2, so having 4+ sounds like a good idea. Do you guys all just kill the small adds as they come, or do you assign 1-2 people? Overall, I think we pretty much have it. Seems like once you have P2, the fight is pretty much over as it becomes a Wind lord burn type of thing.
    We just let our moonkin, warlock and shaman AoE-kill the blobs. Sometimes I do, however, have to cry for more pools if I'm getting too low on will power and there are none. Then people switch and single-target the blobs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzles View Post
    To continue into p2 and 3 with a tank permanently as a construct, are you 2 or 3 tanking? My raid group seems to think that requires 3 tanking to manage aggro during flings. Id be interested to know how you handle that if 2 tanking.


    We 2 tank it and let our rogue tank while our prot warrior is stunned after each fling. If our rogue is a construct, our mage or warlock kite/tank it shortly. Flings were, however, never an issue for us.

  10. #10
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,483
    25man? I'm assuming so.

    This is my guilds strat.

    Phase1 - 4 reshapes.
    Push the boss to Phase 2 on the amber scalpel just before the reshape life. Boss gets to about 65%, reshapes the tank, monstrosity comes out, fun times ensue.
    Tank in the construct (Me on all of our kills) applies stacks to both the boss and the monstrosity. Interrupts himself and drinks (Obviously)
    IF PUSHED CORRECTLY ON THE FOURTH RESHAPE the timing will work for the following:
    On the third reshape life in phase2 - the player who gets reshaped applies stacks TO THE BOSS. The tank reshapes INTERRUPTS THE MONSTROSITY.
    On the fourth reshape life in phase2 - do the same thing.
    The reason you do this is because the 3rd reshape is cast at the same time as the amber explosion, and the 4th reshape is cast about 3 seconds AFTER the amber explosion.
    I can easily apply stacks to both the monstrosity and the boss, and interrupt the 3rd/4th amber explosions, it takes practice, but every time I get the 4th reshape in p1, we know it's a kill.
    ENSURE you do not drop stacks on the boss. Dropping stacks on the monstrosity is completely and utterly fine. You should not drop them until at least the 3rd explosion if you want to push it in 4 reshapes in phase2.
    We hit phase3 with about 50 stacks. Stack up, bloodlust, boss dies in about 20 seconds.
    To deal with the amber beacon things, we just send the 2 people targeted to their dooms, away from the raid. We only get 1 set of the amber beacons, and it's a literal guaranteed kill hitting phase3 with 50 stacks providing the beacons dont go boom in the raid.

    Kill video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nLwW...sC7I0g&index=4
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  11. #11
    Question regarding amber globule (the following thing in p3); everyone can run through it but not the primary target yes? Or will it also explode when someone else hits it?

    EDIT: How many pools do your tanks soak during p1?
    Last edited by Draeblin; 2012-12-20 at 06:51 PM.

  12. #12
    Questions regarding pool consumption in P1 and P2:

    In P1, should each reshape consume 2 puddles and leave 2 puddles? (if we intend to have a tank be permanently reshaped in p2)

    In P2, how many puddles should each non-tank construct consume? (the ones we are breaking out)

    And obviously the tank consumes as needed to keep his will high.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by blusenho View Post
    Questions regarding pool consumption in P1 and P2:

    In P1, should each reshape consume 2 puddles and leave 2 puddles? (if we intend to have a tank be permanently reshaped in p2)

    In P2, how many puddles should each non-tank construct consume? (the ones we are breaking out)

    And obviously the tank consumes as needed to keep his will high.
    Yes.

    Zero.

  14. #14
    2 Heal or 3 in 10m heroic?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    2 Heal or 3 in 10m heroic?
    2. No real reason to 3 heal, though some do. The enrage isn't that tight, but getting out of p2 and p3 quicker makes the fight easier. Keeping the little blobs under control vastly lowers the damage taken too.

  16. #16
    Prey when a healer gets morphed?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    Prey when a healer gets morphed?
    Was never a problem for us. Both our healers DPS most of the time in p2; the only healing intensive part is at the transition to p2 because so many blobs are out.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Was never a problem for us. Both our healers DPS most of the time in p2; the only healing intensive part is at the transition to p2 because so many blobs are out.
    arent those many blobs for the most part of the fight? Cause the tank eats the 4 spawning adds + 1-2 returning adds per round?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    arent those many blobs for the most part of the fight? Cause the tank eats the 4 spawning adds + 1-2 returning adds per round?
    They turn into pools when they die, which should be doing essentially no damage to your raid. When they're alive, they pulse AoE and melee and blow up on death. The number of blobs will decrease over time as the tank Construct eats them because he has to eat more than spawn with each Scalpel, which is why you leave more up in p1. The reconstitutes also naturally stagger more and more throughout the fight, meaning even less are up at once.

    You'll have a much easier time 2 healing. If it's too much for your healers to occasionally solo heal for less than a minute, you're not ready for heroic.

  20. #20
    2 or 3 tank on 10m heroic? If 3 tank, wouldn't you just leave it transformed? if 2 tank, what if the healer is transformed first? Can't exactly leave them up forever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •