Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I didn't say anything is impossible. It's just easier to deal with 1-2 trappers than having more people doing interrupts/dispels in 10-man because you are limited with your setup. The discussion also went away from the topic of which spec is better. Affliction is clearly really strong on this fight. Sure, not better than Fire Mages pre-nerf, but still on par with Demo.

Deleted
    still looking for advice (got one but very vague) for amber HC tho :/

destro? affli ? protips on amber for those 2 ?

Deleted
    Depends what strat you're using sster.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sster View Post
    still looking for advice (got one but very vague) for amber HC tho :/

destro? affli ? protips on amber for those 2 ?
    Any are viable. However depending on what strat you are doing, phase 1 burn vs balanced certain specs may be more viable.

My group can burn him to sub 5% in phase 1 transition, the 8th scalpel. I play Demo for this.

Kor'thik Strike from Blademaster is not armor mitigated. Nope. Zilch. Zero.

Obviously it's still incredibly easy to handle the triple strike even in 10H now (with less cooldowns), but back with less gear it may not have been so easy.

I can post evidence from logs, but seriously, I went to enough work to verify that for myself, do you really want to make me take the effort to post it here?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Personally, I would stop raiding altogether if my guild forced me into Affliction. Not everyone enjoys its play-style, and if you don't enjoy the time you put into playing a game then I see no reason to even play it to begin with. For as long as you are progressing on and downing bosses, go whichever spec you prefer, you are far more likely to perform well that way than forcing yourself into a spec you don't even like.
    haha i agree 100% with demon is fine it does CRAZY dps maybe not as much as AFF but u shouldnt be FORCED! to play a specific class in order to be accepted in a raid ya i would say leave the guild! they are obviously hard core raiders and only care about WOW and not anything out side of their life, so it seems.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 11:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    while that is true and specs should perform allmost equally, so forcing some spec unto players is unnecessary
    if one player out of personal enjoyment/preference would hold the raid back in performing better, i´d get rid of him, because he´s obviously no teamplayer, raiding isn´t singleplayer

and you must be one of those people

Infracted for flaming
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-02-22 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxexpertxXx View Post
    haha i agree 100% with demon is fine it does CRAZY dps maybe not as much as AFF but u shouldnt be FORCED! to play a specific class in order to be accepted in a raid ya i would say leave the guild! they are obviously hard core raiders and only care about WOW and not anything out side of their life, so it seems.
    Wow, what a great way to generalise. It all boils down to personal preference, there is no need in trying to offend people.
    Warlocks are somewhat of a unique case where all three specs are pretty decent, and not too far from each other in terms of numbers, so as long as you can play one spec way better than the other two, stick with it. It would have been different had we been in the hunter forums arguing vs someone trying to defend the MM spec.

I personally play affliction on every fight apart from tsu'long hc where I go with destro. When clearing easy stuff like MSV I like to test around and practice my demo/destro.

Ya, like i said, Affliction and Demon, are very close in dps. SO no need to spend hours deciding, what spec to go just cuz a "goofy" guild wants u to be a specific spec. I play the game to ENJOY it not to be pushed around like an IDIOT! from other players in the guild. Ill simply leave. Its not hard i dont take this game as serious as most of the other people.i do 100k+ dps as demon. GOOD enough their is NO need to do anymore. This is on LFR! i havnt done any Custom raids with a guild yet. You dont need to. Unless ur planning on playing HOURS and HOURS every day and im talking. 12 hrs plus!! every day! i worked 10 hr shifts 5 days a week. I play as much as i can. i have gotten NO t14 drops YET and i been raiding for 3 weeks now! so that shows its NOT worth my time to deticated 100% of my life to a game like this. Its fun and all but ill play it the way i want and in a more FUN manner not how people WANT me to play. Im not afraid in anyway what so ever. to give my opinions weather i am infracted or not. Its as simple as Created a new account on the forum, using a proxy or changing my Ip address. Its not something that im gonna take offensive, Specially if i get infracted for what i said 2 post above, LoL

Quick question, trying to get Heroic Protectors before 5.2 drops (so basically we have one more raid day lol). I'm on primary add duty and pretty much the main guy putting pressure on the adds. I'm Aff for glyphed CoEx, but would Destro be better for burst on the adds and cleave onto boss? Sometimes it feels CB + SB would be better than SB:SW + Haunt and hoping to get a DS in.

Although one caveat is no hunter. Pretty impressive for a 25m guild huh, haha. Of course, I wouldn't even be asking this if other raiders, besides the only other lock and a mage, would be better at switching to the add. >.<

Deleted
    I guess it will be hard with no Aff and no Hunter, or people will have to switch really fast (the arcane mage especially). We did it (in Elite mode but it should be the same) last sunday without any Aff for the first time and it went rather well thanks to the 2 hunters.