Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Warlock Best spec per encounter

Hello Guys,

If this has already been discussed and a thread is already existing, I apologize and I will kindly request this post to be moved to that one as I was not able to find it.
    Back to my question.

Could any of you people advise which is the best Spec per encounter in the current MoP raids?
    I want to squeeze out the best of the warlock class(considering that there are 3 specs available and the recent nerf to the demo spec[if i'm not wrong]) and if that means that I need to learn to play both specs in order to provide a better help to my guild than I will do so.
    Many Thanks for this help!

Deleted
    Generally affliction, for some specific encounters like feng HC go demo, but everyone else affli is win.

Since the KJC change I think Affliction performs better on every fight this tier.

Affliction is the best spec for every single encounter. Even fights that have AOE mechanics like Feng and Windlord, Affliction is either ahead or even.

Affliction, every fight.

Deleted
    Affly affly and again affly. Only feng hc demo if your raid lacks of aoe burst

Looking at this log http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...um/damageDone/
    Id say that destruction is best atm.
    He clearly outdpsed other affliction locks as destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    Id say that destruction is best atm.
    You would be wrong, very wrong.

So could it be that destruction has become a competitive spec for PVE or due to other factors (players being bad, gear too low, lag too high) the affliction was out dpsed?
    Many Thanks for your involvement on this topic as to me is more than helpful as being a new warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by k4sh1m View Post
    So could it be that destruction has become a competitive spec for PVE or due to other factors (players being bad, gear too low, lag too high) the affliction was out dpsed?
    Many Thanks for your involvement on this topic as to me is more than helpful as being a new warlock.
    I believe that destro locks are stealth buffed. Check world of logs, there are more and more destro locks.

No, destruction is still rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Olliver View Post
    No, destruction is still rubbish.
    No its not, you just have to play it right. Yday in LFR I was above 495ilvl affli all the time.

You can't just cite a time where you beat some rando shitter in dps and say x spec is fine...
    Hi Sephurik

I've been Affliction for all our kills since relesae except Feng HC where DPS requirements were low but we needed more burst on adds (I went Affli 2nd week). In 10-man there is no fight where other specs perform better, just some where they perform similar. Currently progressing at Sha HC where Affli is boss as well.

Random DPS logs with destro locks out-performing others mean nothing, and anecdotes regarding LFR mean far less. Ultimately, destro can do well, but if you apply equal skill and effort with affliction, you will almost always do more damage. Some people just prefer a spec in spite of itself, or choose to play it so they can rank on WoL for purely ego-driven reasons. It would be mostly in your best interest to ignore those people.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    No its not, you just have to play it right. Yday in LFR I was above 495ilvl affli all the time.
    that is not really concrete evidence to say the spec is good

luckily there is a lot of concrete evidence available and it tells us that it is not good

Deleted
    Affliction is the best of the best

Deleted
    Random DPS logs with destro locks out-performing others mean nothing, and anecdotes regarding LFR mean far less. Ultimately, destro can do well, but if you apply equal skill and effort with affliction, you will almost always do more damage. Some people just prefer a spec in spite of itself, or choose to play it so they can rank on WoL for purely ego-driven reasons. It would be mostly in your best interest to ignore those people.
    Yeah I heard some people play the spec they enjoy the most, it's crazy !

Deleted
    Ashu, every single warlock in that guild is either undergeared or a shitter, you don't know what you're talking about.
    Sincerely, Sanctus

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Yeah I heard some people play the spec they enjoy the most, it's crazy !
    Personally I, and most of the people I raid with, would get very annoyed if someone plays an inferior spec and doesn't contribute to their maximum potential. Destruction is a decent spec and Warlock would be fine without Affliction, but Affliction is the clear choice.