10+ Year Old Account

Question Chasing Savage Rare for Hunter

So im looking for Savage for my hunter in the Jade Forrest, i was told the tracks are backwards, but 5.1 fixed it, anyone know if this has been fixed? cause im just lost looking for this cat!
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

I tamed Portent after 5.1 and the tracks were facing forwards.

Deleted
    I have tamed all the new rares after 5.1 and the tracks are facing forward

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    I tamed Portent after 5.1 and the tracks were facing forwards.
    Just cant seem to find him
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

the tracks are forward just tamed few rares

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJsK4...ature=youtu.be

according to post on wowhead, tracks are corrected now.

Savage has a LONG path. It took me quite a while to find him too. Then when I finally did, he had just hit the end of his path and turned back, and I was seeing overlapping tracks going in both directions. I had to make a quick guess as to which ones were the more recent ones, and hope I didn't run the wrong direction and lose him. Fortunately I chose correctly.

I actually found him near his easternmost end of his path, and I think it would actually be rather easy to just camp there and wait for the tracks to appear. You might end up waiting a long time, depending on spawn time, but given a long enough wait it's basically a sure thing. The tracks are just easier to spot in that region, they contrast against the nice green forest floor fairly well, and there's actually sunlight out there that helps.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

The tracks have been fixed. It took me forever to find him. I was lucky enough to have a friend help me. I used his monitor to keep open a map that showed Savage's path and stuck to the path indicated on the map. It was easier than tabbing in and out, for sure. I turned off the groundclutter so that I could see the tracks a lot easier.

The tracks are indeed forward now. I tamed Savage and the new turtle rare (i'm terrible with names) and the tracks definitely moved forward. Although the new taming system is pretty tedious and boring, I am glad they switched it to this way. This pretty much completely solves the issue of people griefing your rare tames (with the exception of other hunters) and being dickheads. Well done Blizz, well done.

Find tracks... follow them to where they end...

If you see them appearing in front of you, he's there. If you see them disappearing, you're on the wrong end of his route and need to follow to the other end.

That's all you really need to know to tame the new rares.

Deleted
    Is Savage immune for a freezing trap? Saw him yesterday threw a trap but he just walk over it without getting caught. So it was a annoying tame, because when he fades away it interrupt my tame. Or it could be of the distance between him and me getting bigger. But in the end I manage to tame him after lost his track a couple of times

Hunter's Mark him after your Flare reveals him, then run up and tame.

Yup just HM him, tamed Portent (blue) last night and made the mistake of not marking so had to reflare.

Off topic but none of the rares in MOP are impressive enough for me to even bother. None of them look different enough from regular mobs for anyone to even notice they are rares :| Got stompy on live and a few others on Beta and i'm not impressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tamed them all with the tracks backwards and all in a day. yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Off topic but none of the rares in MOP are impressive enough for me to even bother. None of them look different enough from regular mobs for anyone to even notice they are rares :| Got stompy on live and a few others on Beta and i'm not impressed.
    Quillen in the Gem colours doesn't look different to a stone quillen? k

On topic, I really like the new rare pet system where only hunters can see the pets.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Quillen in the Gem colours doesn't look different to a stone quillen? k

On topic, I really like the new rare pet system where only hunters can see the pets.
    The rare quilen Portent is stony rather than fleshy in appearance, but this is a unique "Armored" stone, with his mane a different color than his body and smaller bands of color resembling bracers and such.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    The rare quilen Portent is stony rather than fleshy in appearance, but this is a unique "Armored" stone, with his mane a different color than his body and smaller bands of color resembling bracers and such.
    Of this I am aware.