10+ Year Old Account

soloing in rift?

im seriously considering playing rift. played for a bit at launch, hit level 26 but was raiding hardcore in wow and didnt wanna make the change. not really raiding current content in wow anymore, but i am having a blast soloing old content on my dk. are there any class/spec combos in rift similiar to blood dk in that they are able to solo old raids? i never got to do the level 50 raids of course but they look really sick and im wondering if i was to hit 60 would i be able to do some soloing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    im seriously considering playing rift. played for a bit at launch, hit level 26 but was raiding hardcore in wow and didnt wanna make the change. not really raiding current content in wow anymore, but i am having a blast soloing old content on my dk. are there any class/spec combos in rift similiar to blood dk in that they are able to solo old raids? i never got to do the level 50 raids of course but they look really sick and im wondering if i was to hit 60 would i be able to do some soloing?
    At the moment, there are several raid bosses in Chocolate RIFT I have managed to kill by myself, mostly the first bosses from 10 man's, Personally I play a mage with the combination of Harbinger/Chloro. I have also managed to solo quite a few of the experts and master modes, although I must admit I have not dedicated a vast amount of time to solo'ing content, because literally there is soooo much to do at 60!!!, But it's still good fun to go back and blast through these things ^^, I'd probably suggest from my personal experience Chloro/Harbinger, but I haven't really touched on leveling other classes and trying to solo content on them, I'm sure some other people could give you a bit of insight and recommendations. But at least until people get a bit better geared, It is doubtful you will see any solo 20 man kills... Although saying this has actually encouraged me to go and see how much of Greenscales Blight (20 Man) I can solo this evening =)

Also if your coming back check out this guide to bring you up to speed: Welcome back, a guide to what has changed

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe im just making an assumption but if mage being a clothy can solo some bosses, it would stand to reason a tank specd warrior could solo even better? and how many bosses are there that due to mechanics that would be hard or impossible for one person to do? like pre 5.1 razorgore, cthun, najentus etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    maybe im just making an assumption but if mage being a clothy can solo some bosses, it would stand to reason a tank specd warrior could solo even better? and how many bosses are there that due to mechanics that would be hard or impossible for one person to do? like pre 5.1 razorgore, cthun, najentus etc
    Harbinger works in different ways to make up for Armour with Avoidance and also combined with Chloromancer which is the mage healing soul, can pump out quite a bit of healing, Literally due to gear inflation you will not walk over any of the bosses solo'ing, all will be quite a big challenge and require a bit of thought and precision, most are somewhat doable, nothing springs to mind as being impossible, as with all the variety that the RIFT soul tree's offer there are various ways around certain mechanics. But it's just having the gear, when the level cap is increase further, I imagine all bosses will be a fairly moderate challenge to solo and achieveable, but due to the gear at the moment only 'some' are =) The best way is to level and find out for yourself!

Regarding the classes, I'm not to sure how much healing and damage a warrior tank could put out, I'm sure with Warlord and various other soul tree's you could make some whacky solo'ing combo =)

10+ Year Old Account
    alright thank you for your time